Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

Fall For Anything

Garrett sat alone with his coffee cup, looking outside the window where everyone else were walking to anywhere they were going. He was too busy with his own mind and gave no attention to his coffee which was getting cold gradually.

He was from Pat's house after a little practice with his band. Kayla was there but he couldn't find Mary. John said he had not heard anything from his cousin while Kayla said she was going to meet her friend—Kayla didn't want to tell him which friend by kept telling him that she didn't know anything. He thought there might be something she's hiding but he wasn't even trying to find out.

Once Garrett tried to reach Mary by calling her and sending some texts but none of them were answered or replied. He was beyond worried as he almost left the practice but Pat sent him some death glares telling him he couldn't just leave. Garrett groaned to him but nothing worked, Pat just told him that he had to play his best first before going anywhere he wanted. Garrett did and as the practice finished, he quickly went to Mary's house, knocking hard on the front door, but no one answered him. That worried boy tried to call his girl again and again but still, no answers.

`Mary, it's me Garrett. Where the fuck are you and why you didn't answer my fucking calls?!` He started yelling to his phone, recording a voice mail. `Mary, call me back once you've heard this message—okay? Take care and please don't make me worried like now. Bye.` Garrett softened his voice as he ended his message. Once again he groaned and pulled his hair, making it became a sexy messy hair but still, he was almost frustrated.

The Nickelsen boy looked away to his house beside Mary's. He was thinking whether he wanted to go home resting his body and mind or not. He remembered he had some new games he hadn't played yet and also some new DVDs he bought at Walmart couple days ago. But then he decided to go to a coffee shop near there, and now there he was with a cup of completely cold coffee sitting alone, still waiting for Mary's call that he hoped it would be as soon as possible.

Garrett looked at his phone, there's still nothing happened with it. He unlocked his phone and opened it's gallery which was filled with many pictures of him, his friends, his pet, and some other random things he might found. There also some pictures of Mary alone or them together. Those pictures were really cute that some people might think they're couple.

Garrett saw a picture of Eric Halvorsen and suddenly remembered about that boy. He might know where was Mary—he must have known because Garrett got a feeling that Mary was going with Nick and Nick should have told Eric about that, if he really going out with the girl.

`Hello,` said Eric Halvorsen on the other line.

`Eric, is Mary with you?` Garrett immediately asked. `Is Nick home?`

`Oh, it's you, Garrett,` Halvo casually said. `Nick is out, I don't really know where he's going but he said he's asking Mary to go with him. What's up?`

`Oh.` Garrett shortly answered. `Nothing. I was wondering why Mary didn't answer my phone. Okay, Eric, thanks.` He hung up quickly and almost slammed his phone to the table.

Garrett felt weird. His heart was breaking. Frown showed on his face, he was really sad. He couldn't believe that Nick got his girl—Nick won over him. Mary chose Nick instead of Garrett, someone who definitely was way better than that stranger from Massachusetts.

Garrett drank his cold coffee slowly, it didn't taste good anymore. But since his feeling was worse, he kept drinking his coffee anyway. Once he had his coffee cup empty, Garrett's phone ringing, Mary was calling him.

`Hello?` Garrett greeted lazily.

`Garrett, I'm sorry I left my phone home.` Mary said on the other line.

`Oh yeah. Where have you been?`

`Uhm.. I was having lunch with Nick. Oh my God, I'm sorry I didn't come to your practice!` She exclaimed just like she already made a big mistake. `Garrett, I'm so sorry.`

`Yea, it's fine. How could you forgot to bring your fucking phone? I thought you couldn't go anywhere without it, huh?`

`I thought I already put it inside my purse!` Mary cried. Garrett could imagine that girl was pouting there. `Don't talk harsh to me!`

`Fuck you, I was searching for you!` Garrett cursed which made Mary groaned annoyingly. `I'm sorry, Baby Girl,` he chuckled. He then couldn't believe he still could make fun with this girl while a minute ago his heart was broken by her.

`I hate you!`

`You'll never hate me,` Garrett said casually. `Where are you now?`

`Home. Me and Nick bought some new DVDs after lunch. We're going to watch them now.` Mary said smiling. Garrett frowned again to hear that, now he remembered his heart was falling into pieces and now it felt like broken into more little pieces again.

`Mary,` Garrett called, his voice now was low. `Are you and him official now?` He asked carefully.

There was a long silence. Mary didn't answer Garrett while that boy was waiting. He was dying to know about Mary and Nick's relationship.

`I can't talk about it now, Garrett, I'm sorry.` Mary finally said. `I'll meet you later okay?` She hung up the phone.

Garrett's mind start to wandering anywhere as he made so many possibilities, from the worst one until the best one. He was afraid, he was beyond jealous. He didn't know what to do now. Garrett covered his face with his hands and sighed deeply. All on his mind now was how broken he was, how this sound too much but he just wanted to kill himself—or maybe Nick so he could get Mary back.

As Garrett was busy with his mind, he didn't realize someone was coming to his table and calling his name. It was a girl, seemed she was just done purchasing her cappuccino. She called the boy again and patted his shoulder so he'd turn around and see her.

`Rachael? What are you doing here?`

`Can't you at least give me a hug first? I've missed you so much!`
♠ ♠ ♠
So Mary and Nick were finally official, eh? Oh, who's Rachael?! :O

I've put my ATL-The Maine story here. It's not the final title, but that's the title I used on my fiction document on my laptop hehe. Maybe you'd like to comment about it's layout? Or maybe you want to subscribe it first? I'm sure you'd like that story because I'm so happy to write it.

Anyway, school starts tomorrow and since I'm a senior, I must use most of my time to study study and study. There will be a lot more writer's block so I'm not sure I can update this story in less than a week or maybe two :/ This story will have it's end soon tho, don't be too worried :p