Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

Believe Me, I'm Lying

Mary’s living room was a real mess that night. This group of best friends seemed like they threw a party there and were having fun on it. Some pillows from the couch were thrown everywhere by Kayla and Pat—they had a pillow fight earlier before they started to throw the pillows to John and Kennedy who were fighting on a game. Once they didn’t have any more pillows to be thrown, Pat stole Garrett’s Sour Patch Kids and made a game of throwing them to someone’s mouth. Some people were failed so those candies were dropped to the floor, made it sticky if someone stepped on it.

John and Halvo yelled loudly as they did a high-five. They won the last game and that made them declaring their selves as the new best team of the week, defeating team Garrett-Jared which was the last best team. Jared wasn’t teamed with the Nickelsen boy, though. He was somewhere with Mary and everyone known they couldn’t be disturbed so Garrett was replaced with Kennedy Brock. It was a bad decision, though, because Kennedy wasn’t as good as Garrett so he’s easily beaten by John.

`Let’s play something else!` Kennedy went to start a new game. `I know I’m bad at game of combat, but I’m the best on dancing game!` He declared.

`You think so?` John stood up and crossed his hands. `Didn’t you know that I’m an expert, Kenny?` He smirked as Halvo and Pat started to mock him.

`Honestly, John’s good on dancing. I’ve seen that since the first time we danced at our prom.` Kayla said defending her boyfriend.

`You just didn’t know how John would’ve forced me to join a dance class with him two weeks before the prom. That’s how he learnt dancing.` Halvo shrugged.

`That’s lovely, okay? Now I understand why you don’t have a girlfriend, Eric. You should’ve learnt from John how to attract a girl.` Kayla said making Eric Halvorsen pouted. Soon after that, Kayla and Halvo already busy supporting John and Kennedy who were dancing to the beat, showing off their hidden talent of being a dancer.

Meanwhile the group was partying in the living room; the two guests were having a private conversation in the kitchen. Nick was kind of upset to Rachael for what she had said back on dinner time at Taco Bell and that girl couldn’t just stop saying sorry to him.

But anyway, Rachael was also wondering why was Nick that upset? She didn’t know if Nick already broke up with her friend since she hadn’t met her and Nick for a long time. Or—hadn’t he? That was what she also asked to Nick.

`You could just hurt Mary, you know that?` Nick said as he crossed his hands in front of his chest. `She likes me, Rach.`

`How could you know about that?` Rachael asked back. `You didn’t answer my question, Nick. So are you broke up with Lisa or what?` She demanded.

Nick didn’t answer her question as he took a sip of orange juice he found in Mary’s fridge. He got some seconds to think before finally shrugged his shoulders and gave a look to Rachael. `Actually, we’re never really broke up.`

`We were too busy with our own stuffs, we lost contact. She did that to you too, right? She’s always busy with her own world.` Nick explained again after he saw Rachael’s face questioning his statement.

`Not really, actually, I could just call her and ask for an appointment to meet up,` Rachael shrugged her shoulders, debating Nick’s answer. `You’re not officially broke up from Lisa and now you’re going to get Mary? Wow, Nick. Just, wow.`

`Look, Rachael. My heart’s not with Lisa anymore. She’s just—I think we’re not good enough for each other. I just don’t have exact time to tell it to her, to directly tell her that we’re done.`

`You’re just going to hurt two kind girls in one same time, Nicholas,` Rachael sighed. `I definitely don’t agree with what you’re doing.`

Nick glanced to Rachael annoyingly. `Who are you telling me what to do? You’re not my mom.`

Rachael rolled her eyes as then she stopped to stare at the backyard’s door, which it leaded to where Garrett and Mary were having their time. Rachael kept looking there until Nick snapped his fingers in front of her face and made her went back to the real world.

`What’s it between you and Garrett?`

`Nothing. We were a cute couple, people might say. But not anymore,` Rachael answered as Nick could caught a sad tone when she said so. `Well, the old me was afraid of long distance relationship, and it’d always be harder because Garrett wanted to focus on his music and not going to college. Which mean he could be anywhere without me knowing about anything.`

`So you broke it because you’re afraid you would lose contact with your boyfriend?` Rachael nodded. `Didn’t you come back here to get him back?` Nick asked again.

`At first, yes. But seeing how he’s so close to Mary and the way he looks at her, I just knew I can’t get him back. He loves Mary and I’m not going to ruin anything between them.` Rachael looked at Nick who showed a disappointed expression as she asked, `what do you have on your mind?`

`Nothing--` Nick said slowly.

`Look, whatever you’re planning there in your head, I’m not going to do it. Finish your stuffs with Lisa first before going on to get my other friend.`

Nick glared to Rachael as then he rolled his eyes annoyingly. Of course he had some plans in his head, but who said it would need Rachael to be involved? But, anyway, Nick really tried to not think about it anymore. He’d find his way to attract Mary and get her because, hell, he was really in love with Mary. He didn’t care about his girlfriend in Massachusetts anymore because all he had in mind now was Mary O’Callaghan.

Rachael wasn’t interested to talk with Nick anymore. She just left him to the backyard to check on Garrett and Mary—they had been so long outside and that made Rachael wondered what they two were doing there while everyone else were partying in the living room.

`Sssh, Mary, don’t cry. Now you know he’s not a good guy to you, right? He doesn’t deserve your tears; he’s a real asshole for being like that. Sssh.`

Rachael stopped walking and watched Garrett trying to calm Mary down. He had that girl in his arms, soothing her who was crying slowly. Rachael then walked to them and sat beside Mary, rubbing her back slowly and asking Garrett about what had happened.

`She heard your conversation with that dude.` Garrett answered shortly with some anger on his face and voice. He then ignored his ex-girlfriend and went back to Mary who was sniffling. She tried hard to stop the tears and face Rachael, giving a little weak smile to her friend.

Dammit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, sorry for making you waiting for this chapter :3
I got some writer's block while writing this, I just couldn't find exact words to explain the plot I already had in my mind. I hope this is a good one to read hehe

I'm kind of sad that I didnt get so many readers for last chapter. Maybe you can tell me what I should improve for this story so I can get more readers and subscribers :"D

PS. I'll update Six Feet Under The Stars tomorrow night!