Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

Take It Slow

Garrett Nickelsen was awaken to a shiny day. He took a glance to a small alarm clock on the nightstand and realized that he had been asleep for a good 12 hours. It was 2 pm already and Garrett didn’t know what to do today. He reached for his phone to see if he had some appointments to do today but gladly, there was nothing. He threw his phone away from his pillow and woke up from his bed, walking to the window to open the curtain and look outside his house.

Garrett’s neighborhood was quiet that time. Everyone seemed out of their house, going to work or somewhere else. The Nickelsen boy took a look to every house on his neighborhood until his eyes stopped on the house beside his own.

Mary’s house was as quiet as the other houses there. Garrett remembered that that best friend of his had some classes to attend today. He then remembered that the last time he met her was the time after the truth or dare game at Pat’s house where he was playing dumb on her just to avoid a confession he might've accidentally done just like when the game was still on.

Yes, Mary was playing dumb on him. But Garrett knows her so well. It’s obvious for Garrett when Mary tried to play dumb on people. But ironically, Mary never realized that Garrett was good on playing dumb too.

Garrett went to the bathroom to clean his body before going downstairs to have his late lunch. He then went to Jared’s house just to hang out with him because they didn’t have any bad practice that day. There, he met just-shaved Jared and John who was probably hanging out while waiting for Kayla.

“Hey, Lover boy, what makes you come here?” John greeted Garrett at the front door making him frowned.

“Stop calling me that, John!” Annoyed Garrett exclaimed as John grinned to him. “Why are you here? Don’t you have to pick up Kayla?”

“She’s not done yet with her school so I hang here with Jared. We’re playing Mario Kart. Wanna join?”

“Sure,” Garrett shortly answered after thinking for several times. “I didn’t expect to meet you here, though,” he then mumbled.

“Why, huh?” John suddenly answered. “Don’t worry Lover boy, I’m also good at keeping secrets.” John teased and winked to Garrett as the younger boy pouted and made his way to the living room leaving John laughing alone.

Garrett found Jared looking at the TV screen, searching for another game to play. Jared didn’t realize Garrett was there until the Nickelsen boy jumped to the couch beside him. He glanced to Garrett and greeted him but he was still focused on the screen.

“What are you looking for, huh?” Garrett finally asked.

“A game that John can’t play. I’m tired of being beaten up by him.” Jared answered without even looking at Garrett. “Duh, he has beaten me on all of the games here!”

Garrett couldn’t help but laughing at his friend. “Come on, Man, you know how good he is on playing video games. Try to beat him on cooking, I bet he’ll lose.”

Jared just laughed and threw his console away. “What makes you come here, Bro?”

“Uhm, I was bored at home. I thought you’re probably bored too so I just wanna hang.”

“You don’t have anything to tell me?” Jared winked to Garrett when he glanced hopelessly to Jared.

“Well—uhm—I don’t—well, yeah I have. But John is here so—“

“I can help, Lover boy!” John cut Garrett’s words as he came in with a can of cold beer. “What game we’re going to play next, Jared?” John then asked Jared as he laughed when he saw Jared only rolled his eyes.

“I’m not going to tell you anything, John,” Garrett annoyingly said. He crossed his arms and laid his back to the couch. “Go on; continue your games, guys.”

“No, Garrett. I know you have problems on telling your feelings to girls. You don’t know how to tell Mary you love her."

Garrett groaned loudly as John smirked to him. Jared told John to stop teasing their friend but John argued, “I don’t tease him, Jared! He needs help. We can’t just let both of them hanging on to each other. Look, Gare, my cousin loves you. But, you know, she’s also shy to show it. It’s your job now to make a move!”

No one responded to John. Jared looked at the boy beside him whose face was as red as an apple. Garrett only stayed there, not doing or even saying anything. He had his head down so no one would see his nervousness.

“Garrett! Did you hear what I’ve said?” John exclaimed. “Come on, Dude, I ship you two, okay? You already got a permission to date my cousin, what more are you waiting for?”

“Easy, John. He’s shy, okay? And from the last time he dated Rachael, it didn’t go well, remember?” Jared said just so John wouldn’t say more words.

“Could you please not talking about her?” Garrett’s face got redder. “I don’t wanna make a fast move, John. I know she loves me too, I could see that from her face yesterday. But I guess both of us are still comfortable as best friends, so I don’t think I’ll tell her in the near time.”

“Alright, alright, Lover boy. You already knew that she loves you too, okay? Stop this friendzone stuffs! And stop thinking about Rachael, she doesn’t worth it for you anymore.” John said again. He seemed didn’t really care about Garrett’s nervousness.

“Stop it, John. You made him more nervous,” Jared finally said. He told John to sit down and drink his beverage so he would stop talking.

“You know what, John’s probably right. I gotta make my move now. Alright guys, thank you so much. Especially you John.” Garrett finally said.

“See? I can help!” John happily exclaimed. “So when are you going to tell her, Lover boy?”

Garrett rolled his eyes to John, “stop calling me Lover boy, John, dammit.” He then got up and walked to the front door. “I’m not going to tell you when, it’s a secret! Bye guys!”
♠ ♠ ♠
edited. tell me if you found some more mistakes in this chapter. thank you :)