Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

The Party Scene

"You need refreshing, you know that?" Kayla started a conversation as she looked at her best friend.

"Yeah, tell me what to do, Kay. I don't even think I still remember how does it feel to have a peaceful night with some good rests," Mary sighed. She stirred her chocolate milkshake and took a sip of it just to feel the cold from the ice.

"There's a party this weekend-" Kayla started again but Mary immediately cut her.

"I'm not coming to any party, Kayla. I prefer to stay at home with my comfy bed than waste more energy by dancing at a party."

"But The Maine is going to have an acoustic set there!" Kayla exclaimed just so Mary would listen to her.

"Really?!" Mary looked up to her best friend as her eyes widened showing how excited she was. "Well, if it's for the boys, I'd definitely be there."

"Great!" Kayla exclaimed happily. "John and the others would be so happy to find out about this!"

Mary only nodded to Kayla because she was now busy checking her schedule on her agenda. As Kayla asked her what she was doing, Mary let out a sigh and said to Kayla, "I have an appointment with a friend I'm working with for a class and I just remembered my boss gave me a night shift because I didn't come to work last week."

"Aw, poor you, Sweetheart," Kayla responded. "I just finished texting John telling that you can come this weekend."

"I'm sorry, but I'll try my best to be there right when The Maine start their show," Mary smiled to Kayla as that girl in front of her exclaimed happily.

***

Mary ran faster to where Kayla was. Her best friend pushed the honk while shouting so Mary could get inside her car faster.

"I'm wearing heels, duh!" Mary murmured once she sat on the shotgun of Kayla's car. Kayla didn't seem so care about that since she suddenly drove fastly to this bar at the downtown. She was saying something about running out of time--Mary didn't really listen to her best friend because she was busy with herself checking on her small purse, wishing that she didn't leave anything in her room.

"We're here, finally!" Kayla drove to the parking lot next to a van which was known that it's John's. "Come on, I guess they already played two songs now."

Mary and Kayla went inside the bar after showing their ID and invitation to the security. They immediately went near the stage and cheered as they saw their friends on stage.

"So before we go on to the next song, I'd like to introduce us to you all here. We're The Maine and I'm John O'Callaghan as the vocalist," John started to introduce The Maine's members. Most people cheered when John and Jared were being introduced because the people there were mostly John and Jared's fruends.

Didn't want to miss a memory of that night, Kayla took out her camera and started to take pictures of the whole The Maine and each members of the band. She also took some pictures with Mary and the crowd there.

"Thank you so much for your time, hope you enjoy the rest of the party, good night!" John ended the set before he followed Garrett and the other guys to the backstage. Mary was planning to go there too and meet her friends but someone tapped her shoulder right before she made a move.

"Can't believe I meet you here!" It was Haley, Mary's friend back in highschool. As much as Mary missed her too, they hugged each other and started a conversation about how their life was now. The conversation went for almost 30 minutes because they also had a little nostalgia as they talked about some other friends back in high school and how they were now.

"I guess we missed high school so much, don't you think so?" Mary added after another talk of memories they had together.

"Yeah," Haley agreed with her. "Anyway, I saw Garrett Nickelsen now isn't as shy as when he was still in high school."

"Playing music for life always been his dream. He can't be such a shy guy to reach it right? Look at him now!" Mary proudly talked about her best friend. She was so happy to know that Garrett could reach his dream on music by playing with The Maine and he wasn't a shy boy anymore around people.

"I thought he was breaking up with Rachael, eh? I also can't believe they're still together." Haley suddenly said out of nowhere.

Mary was obviously surprised to hear that. "Where did you find out about that, Haley?"

"I saw them together when I was just arrived and also near the stage before they started the acoustic set." Haley explained. "Why? Are you jealous, Mary? Remembering there was a rumour that Garrett and Rachael broke up because he was cheated on you."

"No, it wasn't right," Mary responded as her cheeks started to blush. Haley was grinning to see her blushing friend. "Uhm, if you mind I wanna go search for Kayla."

Haley nodded before hugging her old friend as Mary only gave her a smile. This petite girl then walked around trying to find the way to the backstage because she was sure that Kayla and her other best friends were there.

Unlucky her, Mary only found a crowded island with many people asking for alcohols to the bartender. Mary looked around and found a familiar posture of a boy on a stool there. She was sure it was her best friend Garrett Nickelsen as she started to make a way to where he was.

One step.

Two steps.

Three steps.

Four steps.

Five steps.

Mary stopped her move.

Garrett wasn't alone there. He was with his girlfriend--according to Haley--drinking some glasses of beer. Mary saw Rachael was standing in front of Garrett with a glass of beer. She was smiling widely toward the boy in front of her before kissing him.

Want to know something more? Garrett kissed her back and pulled her closer before he got Rachael sat on his lap with their lips still attached to each other.

It seemed like Garrett was really in love again. And probably Haley was right, Garrett and Rachael were still together.
♠ ♠ ♠
First of all, I got to apologize because you had to wait for about a month just to read an update from me.

Second, I hope you won't hate me for making Garrett kissing with Rachael. You gotta thank me because I canceled my plan to write something hotter than that, though :p

Third, I gotta thank Amelia Defiana Yoshita for helping me finding a good plot for this chapter. I love you, Lia. Now you all are allowed to blame her for Garrett's kissing scene, it was her idea :')

Fourth, I hope you enjoy this chapter and also I hope you all will be patience for the next update because I'm going back to the dorm now and college starts on monday so i dont think I'll write an update in the near time. sorry :/

Fifth, give me some feedbacks, pretty please? *puppy eyes*