Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

That's What Friends Are For

`What are you doing here?!`

`Checking on you? You didn't reply my message and you didn't answer my call.` Garrett showed a little pout. `So who's that?`

`Who is who?` Mary acted like she knew nothing as she shut her Mac and reached her phone. She saw ten messages and five missed calls from Garrett. `Sorry, I didn't hear anything coming from my phone,` said her. There she read that Garrett needed a company to buy a new Nerf gun. He said that he really need to buy it soon or a zombies apocalypse would come and no one would be alive because he couldn't save them without the gun.

`Zombie apocalypse, huh?` The girl mocked. She laughed at the pouting boy as she pulled him out from her room. `Let's go buy your Nerf. I'm craving for chocolate ice cream, though.`

Maria O'Callaghan and Garrett Nickelsen were such real best friends. They had been knowing each other since they're still in kindergarten. They didn't know almost nothing about each other.

Mary knew how much Garrett loves zombies and things related to them. Garrett always wished he was a zombie hunter and a hero for everyone if zombie apocalypse ever came to the earth. As much as he loves creepy things, Garrett hates sweets. He hates too sweet candies. He hates sweet dramas. Garrett hates cheesy things like it's another monster he should kill someday.

Garrett also knew how much Mary adores dramas and hates creepy things. Mary wasn't a whinny or spoiled girl, but she's sweet enough to watch those lovely movies and series. Mary would never say nay to candies and chocolate bars. She loved Snickers as much as Garrett loves Sourpatch. But no, Mary never liked Zombies like Garrett did. Mary always wished that those fantasies like ghosts and zombies were never existed. Even if Mary liked to be alone, it would be the worst thing for her to see or meet creepy creatures.

But somehow, Garrett and Mary were always there for each other. They'd watch zombie movies and dramas together. Mary would keep Garrett's company to buy some new toys as Garrett would accompany her to buy chocolate ice cream. Garrett would never left Mary alone when she's scared, and Mary would always be there whenever Garrett needed her.

`You haven't answered my question yet.` Said Garrett. He's carrying his new Nerf gun while Mary was waiting for her ice cream.

`What question?`

`Who's that boy you saw on your laptop?` Mary almost chocked to hear Garrett's question. She thought for a second before answering her best friend.

`Just a random guy I met on the internet.` She answered.

Garrett walked faster and stopped right in front of Mary, blocking her way to go further. `Don't lie,` Garrett showed a serious face.

Mary glared at her best friend, she licked her ice cream quickly and said, `I didn't, Gary.`

`Then you lied again.`

Mary rolled her eyes and sighed. She couldn't ever lie to the Nickelsen boy. She still had a doubt whether she wanted to tell Garrett or not. She wouldn't know what would Garrett do if he found out, but Mary knew Garrett wouldn't stop asking until he felt satisfied.

`Walk beside me and I'll tell you later.` Mary commanded as the boy smirked and moved. Mary wasn't going to tell Garrett directly, though. That made Garrett annoyed and couldn't stop glancing to Mary until she glanced back and asked, `Why so curious?`

Garrett glanced once again, asking back, `Are you trying to be like Joker? Asking me why so serious?` He smirked to the annoyed Mary as he quickly hold Mary's hand, `Kidding!`

`I'm asking because you're so serious while stalking his page. You didn't hear my calling and even you didn't know that I came!` Garrett whined.

Did I? Mary got busy with her own mind. It was true, though. Mary was really serious while stalking Nick Santino's page until she didn't realized Garrett's in her room and asked her about that Nick guy.

`I apologized.` Said Mary before licking her ice cream. `He's a friend, an old friend of mine. I was just checking his page because it's been a long time since the last time we met.`

`An old friend?` Asked Garrett unsure. `He somehow looks like Halvo's friend that he brought to us yesterday.`

`Really? They might be twins.` Answered Mary randomly. She wasn't really interested to talk about that sweet jerk. She made herself busy with her ice cream, defending herself from other questions Garrett might ask. She always did that whenever she wasn't really interested to talk about something, getting herself busy with another thing.

`Mary, did I ask too much?` Asked Garrett in concern.

`No,` she shook her head. `I just don't wanna talk about it now.`

`Alright.` Both of them then walked home in silent. Garrett got himself busy with his own mind. He actually had something to say to Mary, but he afraid that Mary wouldn't like to hear it. Though finally, when they're arrived at Mary's house, Garrett spilled it all out.

`Look, I don't know what is it between you and the new comer, Mary,` said Garrett making Mary gasped. `But, if he ever done something bad to you and I found out about it, I'm sure nothing would be alright.`

Garrett smiled and gave his best friend a little hug, thanking her for accompanying him to Walmart. He went to his house leaving the confused Mary alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
My favorite chapter to write so far. Yknow, I just love it to see Mary and Garrett together :3 What about you guys?