Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

Maybe I Will, Maybe I Won't

`Damn, writer's block!` Mary yelled and threw her pen to her desk. Her mind was really blank, she couldn't continue an essay she was working on. Mary sighed and looked at a rounded date on her table calendar, the essay's deadline was only a week away and she had not started anything yet.

Mary knew that she should have written something or she would never finish anything. As she got an idea that foods might help her to write, she made her way to the kitchen and took a bag of potato chips and a can of cola.

Mary went back to her desk and tried to find some ideas as she kept throwing potato chips to her mouth. But after fifteen minutes, she still got her paper blank. Though, she had been full by a full bag of potato chips and a can of cola.

As Mary still got her mind wandering to find ideas, she unconsciously looked straight out of the window to Garrett's room window. Garrett's room was kind of dark—he was probably playing with his Xbox or watching another zombies movie. Or, that best neighbor of her might be fallen asleep already, knowing it was almost midnight already.

Mary then got her mind filled with Garrett. She remembered how that boy loved scary things so much—Mary got an idea to make an essay about scary things but she's afraid if she'd be scared herself. Mary's mind then played that scene when Garrett walked her home after buying a Nerf gun. She remembered Garrett's words about Nick which made her curious, she wanted to know how Garrett could talk like that about the Santino boy.

As the night getting darker, Mary's mind was not about her essay anymore. She turned her Mac on and opened a social network's address on her browser. She used to stalked Nick's page a couple times since Nick's coming to her hometown. But this time, she's going to make sure about her feeling to Nick. And she had promised to herself, whatever would be going on, she would never believe anything from the net anymore, including how love could happen from a social network.

Mary opened her profile page and saw her super old profile picture and every old things she left there. She could see how was she when she's younger and that made her chuckled to herself. As Mary looked at the navigation bar, she saw a notification telling that there's an unread message on her inbox, it might be an old message she had forgotten to open. But what appeared there was a surprise for Mary. It was a message from Nick Santino that's appeared, and it came about 10 minutes ago. There's a green dot under Nick's profile picture, telling that he was online at the time.

`What the heck?` Mary bended her eyebrows when she read the sender's name but she opened the message anyway.

Hi Mary, long time no talk ;) Sorry for being offline for a really long time. How have you been? I missed you anyway.

`The fuck?!` Mary cursed. She couldn't believe that Nick just sent her a message and talked like everything was fine.

Mary clicked a link to reply Nick's message and typed a very short and cold message. She didn't care how the receiver would react—Mary's never been good in ignoring people but she could do her best to speak sarcasm and be an ice queen. She was somehow curious whether Nick would reply her again or not. So she took her pen and went back to her paper, trying to brainstorm her essay while waiting for a reply.

Nick was alone in Halvo's guest room, sitting in front of his Mac as he was waiting for Mary's reply. He got a feeling that one of ways to get back with Mary was trying to go back to where they used to talk. And another instinct said that Mary would be online tonight so he sent her a message. Lucky him, Nick got a reply from Mary after 25 minutes waiting. He happily opened the message and read it.

Life's been great. Why'd you come back?

Nick released a deep sigh. It's wasn't his first time to get a short message like that—mostly all her short messages were just because she wasn't in good mood, but the fact that this cold message was aimed to him, he was somehow surprised by that. Though, Nick was glad that Mary still read and replied his message.

Glad to know it. Hey, I know you're mad at me. I'm sorry for being offline in really long time. I'm so sorry that I left you that way :/ I'm here to apologize so I hope you'll forgive me and we can be friends again.

Nick sent his message and he hoped he didn't write something wrong. He wished Mary wouldn't be mad too long at him because he knew, Mary wasn't an easy person to forgive someone.

It might take a really long time for Mary to think what she should reply because Nick had waited for 45 minutes before getting a new reply from Mary. Nick sighed a little before opening Mary's message, he was ready for even for the worst thing.

We're still friends here, don't worry lol. But I don't know if I would accept your apology or not, sorry and good night.

All frowns faded away from Nick's face. He smiled widely after reading Mary's last reply. He didn't care if Mary didn't accept his apology, at least they're still friends.

It's okay, I knew I was wrong. I'm sorry again, Mary. I hope you'll accept my apologies someday ;) Good night!

Nick replied Mary's message in happiness, everything would be easier for him now, he thought. The Santino boy then went to bed with a very wide smile attached in his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if this is kinda weird, but well, feedback will always be accepted :)