Status: Slow update but I promise it worth to wait ;)

A Wonderful Surprise

On A Lonely Night

`What?!` Mary glared at John. Just some minutes ago she told Kayla that she wouldn't meet Nick in near the future but now John just told her that Nick would be in her house for another movie night. She should've known that, though, Nick was Halvo's guest here so he could bring Nick anywhere with him.

`Oh well, oh well,` Garrett rolled his eyes as he made his way to the front door where his other four best friends plus one new comer had waited.

Once the door swung open, Patrick Kirch ran inside to the kitchen as he yelled, `I smelled cookies!` He saw Mary stood with a jar of cookies she just prepared and hugged her tight. `I want cookies, please?` Asked Pat as he showed his puppy eyes.

Mary giggled to see her best friend. She told Pat to prepare the living room as she promised she would give pat a jar of cookies for his own. That made Pat smiled widely as he ran to the living room in excitement.

As the first movie almost started, Mary went inside the living room with some jars or cookies. She gave one jar for three people except Pat who had his own cookie jar. As Mary gave the last jar for Nick, Halvo and John, she saw Nick gave her a simple smile. Too bad, Mary didn't smile at him back, she just raised her eyebrow to him and went to sit between Pat and Garrett.

Everyone seemed they enjoy the movies. They watched Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 and no one complained that they didn't like the movies. Mary and her best friends didn't have a break between the first and second movie so as soon as the last movie finished, they felt terribly hungry. Garrett and Kennedy said they're bored to eat pizza, which was really rare to be happened, so everyone was agreed to order Chinese food.

While waiting for their dinner, the boys decided to play some Wii games, but Nick didn't feel so right to join them. He saw Kayla who sat on the couch, staying there to support her boyfriend and brother. Pat was nowhere to be found, he perhaps was craving for more cookies so he got himself busy at the kitchen. Looking around the room, Nick found Mary made her way to her backyard. Even he knew Mary wouldn't like to be disturbed, he still made his way following her to where she's going to.

Mary felt like she needed some fresh air. She got her iPod's earphone plugged to her ears as she made her way to the swing in her back yard. It wasn't that she didn't like to join the crowd of boys playing her Wii games, but that time—even though it happened most of the time—Mary just wanted to be alone.

Mary was humming some songs she's listening to when someone tapped on her shoulder. She found Nick who's standing behind her with his simple smile, showing an expression of asking if he could join her.

`No.` Mary shortly said. She crossed her hands and looked away from Nick, went back to her iPod.

Unexpectedly, Nick sat on the grass in front of Mary. `Why? Don't you need a friend?` Asked him.

`Not now, Nick. I don't want to meet you now.` She sighed at Nick. `Go back to the living room and play those games with the others. I need my private time, alone.`

`Why not?` Nick still sat on where he was, he wasn't going to go away.

`Not today, okay?`

`Okay, but we're friends, right?` Asked Nick as he showed an innocent grin. Mary couldn't help but smiled back at him as she nodded. Nick was so happy to know that.

`Now leave me alone.`

Nick shook his head. `I missed you. I missed our conversation, how we shared many things. I want it again.`

`Not today, Nick.` Mary rolled her eyes in annoy. Her stomach growled telling her she needed her dinner. She looked to the back door, looking if someone might come to tell her the dinner's ready.

As if the growl was loud enough to be heard, Nick chuckled alone. `You hungry?` Asked him as the girl nodded. `Let's go inside, see if the dinner has came or not.`

`Just go, tell me if it's ready.` Mary was kind of shooing Nick but that just made Nick stayed. `I said, go.`

`Not without you. Come on,` Nick tried to pull Mary off from the swing even though she didn't want to go. That was so annoying of Nick which made Mary threw his hand off and made her way inside the house. There she saw Garrett was walking to her direction.

Garrett looked at Mary's annoyed face so he asked her what's up. Mary just glanced at Nick, telling Garrett that she's annoyed by him. Garrett then suddenly rounded his arm around Mary, somehow he looked like he was showing Nick that he's there to protect Mary. `Did he disturb you?`

`Yeah,` answered the girl. `But we are fine, Gary.` Said her again before Garrett could say anything more.

Garrett tightened her embrace as he looked back to Nick who was walking behind them. Nick had his hands inside his jeans pocket and eyes that locked to Mary and Garrett. The Nickelsen boy smirked to Nick, he felt like he won over Santino.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two questions:
1. Mary-Garrett or Mary-Nick?
2. What if I upload a short story about Stephen Gomez of TSS and/or a story about ATLxThe Maine? :)