Who Said Life Was Fair?

The Return Of...

Chapter One:

"Mommy!" I heard my five year old daughter yell from outside. I snickered to myself and shook my head. She was sitting in the garden making mud pies. She was so cute.

Oh, and let me introduce myself. I'm Rose Marie Rosario. Weird name, huh? Well, this is the story of my life. Now I know what your thinking, why would you want to know what happened in my life? Simple. Because your bored and have nothing else to do.

Now, I'm thirty years old and I have one daughter, Elle. She is five years old and has long blonde hair and she has blue eyes. She loves to go to school, and loves to play with her friends.

She mostly gets her looks from me, because I have the same blonde hair and blue eyes. She got her nose and lips from her father, which left me the day he found out I was going to have her.

And of course, Elle has been asking who her father is. I'm not telling her because she'll think he doesn't love her, and I won't let that happen. The father was a jerk anyway.

Now, I would do anything for Elle. I love her. I would never let anyone take her away, but sometimes you have to let people go because it's the best for them, and that's what happened with Elle.

"Mommy!" I heard Elle scream again, from the garden.

I laughed to myself and put my long hair up in a ponytail and sat up. I slipped on my shoes and went outside and sat in the dirt next to her. She was so cute while playing.

"What is it baby?" I asked while starting to make mud pies with her.

"There is a guy over there." She replied while pointing to a guy, outside the fence.

I looked over to the huge white fence and I saw Elle's father, Jake. He had tattoo's all over himself, and he had his jet black hair short and messy. He left us because his band was about to make it big, and he didn't want to be a father.

I couldn't believe he was actually here, he didn't want anything to do with Elle when I told him about her. Who does he think he is just coming over here after five year to see his daughter?

I got up and brushed the dirt off of me, and I stood there for a moment, looking at Jake. Thoughts rushed through my mind. Why was he here? What did he want? Did he want to see Elle? Would he try to take her away? I have no clue...

I walked over to him slowly, thoughts still rushing through my mind. I put my hand on the fence and looked at him slowly, and nervously. I saw him look me in the eyes and I turned away quickly.

"What do you want?" I asked while shaking my head.

"I came to take Elle." He replied, harshly.

What did he mean he came to take Elle? He can't take her away! She means everything to me, and after what he did when I told him about her, there is no way I'm letting him take her.

"Your not getting her!" I screamed at him.

"Oh yes I am. You see, I heard that you are having money trouble. And, with my band making it big I have all the money I need. It's best if you give her to me." He said with a slight smirk.

I couldn't believe this. How did he find out I was having money problems? God, I really hate this guy. He can't take my daughter away, even though I know what he just said was true.

"But...That isn't fair." I whispered.

"No one said life was fair." He replied, snickering.

I just shook my head at him and ran to Elle, picking her up and running inside the house with her in my arms. I wouldn't let her go, not yet. I locked the door and windows and laid he down in her bed, watching her go to sleep. Would this be the last time I would see her? Who knows....
-------