Who Said Life Was Fair?

Uh..

---------
Chapter Two:

I woke up to the sun in my face from the window. I really hate mornings, I love to sleep in late. But that usually never happens because I have Elle, but oh well. I can live with it.

Well, maybe had Elle. It all came back to me, I just remembered that Jake had came by last night and said he was going to take Elle away. I couldn't let him do that, atleast not yet.

I flipped the covers off myself and put on my pink fuzzy, slippers and ran down the stairs to see where Elle was. I looked in the mirror and saw that my make up was messed up from sleeping with it on, and my hair was a mess.

I shook my head to try and fix my hair and I wiped off my make up quickly, so I can find Elle. I laughed as I entered the kitchen, finding Elle sitting on the middle of the floor...Making Brownies for breakfast.

"Mommy!" She exclaimed while looking up with chocolate all over her face, hands and floor.

"What are you doing?" I asked while kneeling down beside her, laughing as I saw her face.

"I make brownies!" She said smiling proudly.

"I see that. Let's get you cleaned up." I said while picking her up.

I laughed as she squirmed around in my arms, but eventually she stopped and I went upstairs. I put the plug in the bathtub and turned the water on. Not to hot, and not to cold. It was just right.

I also put in some f her favorite bath toys, including a rubber duck that she loves to play with. I shook my head and put some bubble bath in the water, she loves bubbles. I smiled again while I saw her pretending to be Santa, with bubbles as a beard.

I got up and put on my purple bathrobe when I heard a knock on the door. Of course, I went to go answer it. I got downstairs and yawned, then opened the door to see who it was and it was...The police....
---------