Status: A work in progress. First chapter will be up shortly.

Lips of an Angel

003

Checking the time on his phone once again, Jensen took a sip of his coffee as he glanced through the coffee shop window. He had arrived half an hour early after lying to Kia about where he was going. He had been so happy since seeing Becca at the bar the night before. For four years he’d lived with the regret of how he’s fucked things up between them.
Yes, on some level he loved Kia, but it wasn’t the same as what he’d felt for Rebecca. She had been the one who he’d thought about proposing to, marrying, having kids with, being with forever. He saw none of that with Kia.
But he’d fucked things up with Becca. Royally fucked.

After leaving the interview, Becca made her way back to the hotel and took a shower and got ready to meet up for coffee with Jensen. She had to admit to herself that it had been nice seeing him again after all that time. Despite her best efforts to put him out of her mind, she’d never really gotten over him. He’d been the love of her life; the guy she’d imagined marrying, having children with, her happily ever after.

But things never turned out that way. She got a job on the other side if the country and he didn’t want to move with her because he was close to signing a major contract in Los Angeles.
It had been bad timing. And had she not been so stubborn she would have called him when she arrived in New York like she wanted to. But she didn’t and they moved on. Jensen now had Kia and she was alone.

Checking the time on the clock above the dressing table, Becca took a deep breath, wondering if meeting him was such a good idea. He was her past; maybe it would be better if he stayed there. But she wanted to see him again. Seeing him in the bar the night before had been great, albeit a bit of a shock. Smiling at the thought of seeing him one more time, an image of him in her head, she grabbed her phone and key card off the dressing table and headed out of the hotel room. Stepping out of the hotel lobby into the LA sunshine that she’d missed for four years, she looked across the street and spotted Jensen sat in the coffee shop.

As he looked up and caught her eye she couldn’t help but smile as he waved over at her. Glancing quickly down the street to check for traffic she lightly jogged over to the other side of the street and entered the coffee shop.

She ordered a tall latte and nervously made her way over to the table where he was sat.
“Hey.” she said quietly with a shy smile.

“Hey, how did the interview go?” he replied cheerfully.

Becca nodded, “Yeah, good I think, they’re gonna ring me some time this afternoon with their decision.”

“They’ll be insane to choose someone else over you.” he said as the waitress placed the latte in front of her.

“Lets hope they think the same.” She replied blushing as she smiled.

Simultaneously they took a sip of their coffees, another silence falling over them.

“So.” Jensen began nervously. “How come you’re interviewing for a new job out here anyway?”

Becca shrugged, a slight blush tinting her cheeks, “I guess I got home sick.” She admitted.

“But you always wanted to live in New York; that was your dream.” He said, realising by his own words how selfish he had been, wanting her to stay in LA for his own career.

“I know, and don’t get me wrong, it’s an amazing city I loved it, but I just started to miss LA more and more, so I started looking for jobs out here about six months ago.” she explained. “Two weeks ago I heard CBS were looking for a new lead anchor and applied.”

“CBS hey, wow, that would be an amazing job.” Jensen replied with a beaming smile.

Becca blushed and nodded her head, “Yeah it would be, but there were quite a few other amazing news casters going for the job, I doubt I’ll get it.”

Jensen looked at her and shook his head, “Four years on and you still haven’t got any faith in yourself.”

“Apparently not.” she replied blushing more and lowering her eyes.

Jensen reached out and took hold of her hand, "You need to start believing in yourself."

She smiled again, "I know." she whispered as her cell phone began to ring. She looked down at it, her eyes widening at the number that was on the screen.

"It’s them." she whispered through a nervous smile picking up the device.

"Well answer it then." Jensen prompted with an encouraging smile.

She did as he said answering with a cheerful hello. As the person on the other side spoke, she nodded along quietly, Jensen's heart sinking as he watched the smile on her face slowly disappear.

"They went with someone else." she answered quietly as she put her cell back on the table.

"Then they're fucking idiots!" Jensen replied.

"I wanted that job so much. It was perfect. I've missed LA so much." she said, wiping a tear from her cheek.

"Hey, come here." Jensen stood up and ushered her into his arms.

She sunk into his embrace, her body fitting perfectly with his her arms slipping around his waist as she closed her eyes, finding herself inhaling his scent. He smelt exactly like he had done four years ago; the same mixture of cologne, shower gel and fabric softener that had always smelt like heaven in her nostrils.

Jensen could stay like this for an eternity. It was if he’d never let her go four years previously. He held her close, his fingers running gently up and down her back, itching to find their way up into her hair.

It was the sound of his cell phone ringing that caused her to pull away, a soft curse escaping past Jensen’s lips as he answered it.

Becca watched Jensen, his voice becoming agitated as he spoke to whoever was on the other end before hanging up with another soft curse.

“I’m sorry, I’ve got to get going.” He said his tone softening immediately as he turned back to speak to her.

“That’s okay, I guess I should be making a move anyway.” She replied with a small smile.

“I’m sorry about the job, and it’s been great seeing you again.” he said with a smile, which she returned.

“It’s been great seeing you too.” she replied wanting to say more, to hug him one last time.

“Maybe we can do this again some time.” He offered nervously.

She nodded, “Yeah, the next time I’m this side of the country.”

“Not hanging around then?” he asked disappointed as they walked out of the coffee shop.

“Nothing to hang around for at the moment.” She said sadly. “At least New York has a job at the moment.”

Jensen nodded, his heart sinking at the thought of her being on the other side of the county again, so far away from him. Impulsively he wrapped his arms around her once more, pulling her closer inhaling in her scent.

“I thought you had to go?” she whispered quietly.

Grudgingly with a deep sigh Jensen separated himself from her slightly, their eyes meeting briefly before he pressed his lips to hers. She responded, kissing him back before suddenly pulling away from him.

“You’ve got a girlfriend.” She whispered.

“I never stopped loving you though.” He replied quietly. “It’s always been you, I should never have let you go.”

Becca stared at him in shock. As much as those words warmed her soul they also scared her. “I’m sorry, I’ve got to go.” She muttered turning quickly, checking the traffic before jogging quickly across the street to her hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait guys but this last week has been stupidly busy!
A huge thanks though for all who have read, commented, subscribed and recommended this story. Hopefully I won't keep you waiting for the next (final) chapter <3