Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Outing with Miley

We arrived to a nearby McDonald’s, the boys taking our orders while Miley and I sat at one booth. I told them to get me a chocolate milkshake and a 10-piece nugget while Miley ordered a quarter-pounder, small order of fries, a salad and large, diet coke.

We sat in silence as she glanced at me as I merely stared at the boys at the counter.

“I can’t believe you decided to room with the guys. Do you know what you’re getting yourself into?” she hissed at me.

I tore my gaze from them just as Nick looked our way to answer her.

“Huh?” I asked in confusion. I hadn’t been paying attention to anything since we ordered besides the smirk Nick gave me earlier.

“I asked, why you would decide to room with the guys?” she asked a little heated.

“They’re my friends,” I answered as though she were stupid.

“They’re my friends, too, but you don’t see me riding with them!” she exclaimed.

“OK, but you’ve been around them for a few years when I haven’t,” I said in a smart tone.

“That doesn’t mean shit,” she said in a harsh tone, catching me off guard.

“Excuse me?” I asked taken aback.

“You heard me. I’m tired of being nice,” she with a glare.

“Tired of being nice? So, you never liked me to begin with,” I assumed.

“No, I haven’t. I think you’re trying to break Nick and I up,” she accused.

“Oh, please. I do not like Nick like that. He’s two years younger than me for crying out loud!” I exclaimed.

“So, you don’t care about the fact that he’s already taken?” she asked.

“Uh, of course I care. Why wouldn’t I?” I asked as though she were dumb.

“I see the way you look at him and your actions say a lot,” she said as though it were obvious.

I wrinkled my brows in confusion.

“Like what?” I asked as though she were insane.

“Like you dancing with Nick!” she exclaimed a little loudly.

I stared around as the few people in the place stared at us including Nick, Joe, and Kevin. I pulled out my sunglasses as someone noticed us.

“Oh my gosh! You’re Miley Cyrus! And you’re Samantha Parker!” a 13-year old exclaimed in shock.

She was some distance away in another booth, but could see us clearly and was with her mother.

“Shit,” I mumbled.

The guys soon came over with our food in bags, grabbing us by the arm as the other people in the building noticed, too. Nick came to my side since I was closer while Joe grabbed Miley. Without being told, I took Nick’s outstretched hand which he gladly accepted, leading us back to the car which Kevin unlocked.

He climbed into the driver’s seat while Joe climbed into the passenger seat. Miley got into the back first, then it was me, and finally Nick.

Kevin sped out of the parking lot, back towards the UTA when suddenly, I burst out laughing. Soon enough, Joe joined me as did Kevin, and finally Nick. The only person who didn’t laugh was Miley. I laughed even harder as I tried to speak.

“D-did-did you see your f-f-f-face?” I asked Joe, pulling to sit up closer to him.

My face? Did you see Nick’s face? He looked as though he were going to pass out!” he said causing all eyes (except Kevin’s) to land on Nick.

Nick smiled before he burst out laughing. The panicked look on his face flashed through my mind again just as I joined in laughing with him. We laughed so much that we hadn’t realized Kevin pulled into their drive way.

I gazed up in awe at the enormous house of theirs seeing it much larger than the one in New Jersey. The boys and Miley climbed out of the vehicle while Nick held out a hand to help me out before heading to Miley’s side afterwards. She looked furious to say the least, but I went to Joe’s side, ignoring her.

Kevin unlocked the door, entering it before he spoke.

“We’re home, Mom!” he yelled.

We walked into the kitchen which was even bigger than the one in their previous home as Kevin and Joe pulled out the bags of food and began sorting them.

I got my milkshake and nuggets as everyone got what they wanted.

“You don’t have to eat in here, Sam. Come on! Let’s eat in my room!” Joe exclaimed excitedly, taking me by the hand as he led me to his room.

“Welcome to my humble abode,” he said dramatically, opening the door, revealing his room. There were numerous posters on the walls of rock bands including their own and many pictures of the places they’d been to.

I looked at them all as we sat on the floor to eat.

“I have a question,” he began as I ate a nugget while he took a bite of his chicken sandwich, “how do you feel about going on tour with us?” he asked.

A light laugh escaped me as I answered.

“I feel excited a little,” I admitted.

“A little? Why just a little?” he asked.

“Well, it’s obvious Miley doesn’t like me,” I said honestly.

“I don’t see why. We all like you,” he teased.

“Of course, but I’m sure you’ve noticed what I’m talking about,” I said giving him a look.

“Yeah. She and Nick have been arguing almost every day,” he said nonchalantly.

“Not because of me, I hope?” I asked nervously.

“Well, some of it has been because of Miley’s jealousy towards you, but otherwise, it’s been because of her since she’s been running her mouth about what goes on between her and Nick,” he explained.

“She should know Nick is the private type. But being a celebrity, in general, should make someone want their personal lives private,” I said as though it were obvious.

“Exactly! Nick has told her that plenty of times, but it’s as though what he says goes in one ear, then out of the other,” Joe said heatedly.

A sigh escaped my lips as I heard voices outside of the door. Joe and I looked at one another before he walked over to the door as quietly as possibly before beckoning me to do the same. I wasn’t usually the nosy type, but when it came down to Joe, he pulled it out of me.

We stood behind his door as we eavesdropped.

N: Miley, why can’t you understand that Sam and I are just friends?
M: Oh, please, Nick! Stop lying to yourself! You were all over her today!
N: All over her? How was I all over her?
M: You held her hand like five times today and were more of a “gentleman” than you were supposed to be!
N: You don’t know what you’re talking about, Miley! If it wasn’t for your outburst, we wouldn’t have had to rush out like that!
M: So now it’s my fault?! If she wasn’t staring at you all of the time like some celebrity-struck person, we wouldn’t have this problem!
N: We haven’t seen each other since 2005, Miley! We’ve changed in appearances since then. I’m sure some staring is necessary! For one thing, I’d stare at myself, too if I hadn’t realized how much I changed since almost 2 years ago!
M: What the hell does that have to do with anything, Nick?! Now you’re just making up excuses for her!
N: What are you talking about? *sighs/groans angrily* This is exactly what I’ve been arguing with you about! It’s always “Sam-this” or “Sam-that”! Sam and I are just friends!
M: *cold tone* I’m not going to believe that until I actually see it.
N: Miley-!
M: And until that happens, don’t call me anymore.
N: Why are you being this way?
M: Leave me alone, Nick.
N: Miley!

Soon, we heard footsteps going down the stairs before they shortly faded. Joe and I rushed to Nick’s room to see outside to his window.

A car pulled up, Nick trying desperately to talk Miley out of leaving to a point in which he grabbed her arm in a non-aggressive way, but she pulled out of it, climbing into the car without a backwards glance. Nick yelled and even though the window was closed, we heard him clearly. He was angry-angrier than I thought he was.

He walked back into the house causing Joe and I to leave from his room and scramble back to Joe’s as though nothing had happened. We succeeded somehow and found ourselves panting heavily as we caught our breath.

I stared at Joe before speaking.

“I-I should go,” I stammered feeling horrible.

“What? Why?” he asked in a sad tone. He knew why, but wanted me to stay anyway.

“I can’t stay, Joe. I’ll just make things worse. Maybe going on tour with you guys was a bad idea,” I said in a shaky tone as the tears filled my eyes.

“Sam-,” he began, but I cut across him.

“See you tonight, Joe,” I got out before I grabbed my things, shoving them into my purse (except the milkshake which I left), walking out of his door only to run into Nick.

“I’m sorry,” I said, swallowing hard as I tried not to break in front of him.

“You’re leaving, too?” he asked in an upset tone.

“I think it’d be best,” I admitted, fighting back the tears that threated to flow.

“Why?” he asked desperately.

“I-I don’t want to cause more trouble than necessary,” I answered, avoiding his gaze.

“You’re not, Sam-,” he began, but I cut across him, too.

“I’ll just see you tonight, OK?” I got out before brushing past him and down the stairs.

I barely stepped over the threshold when Nick’s voice filled the air.

“That wasn’t your fault!” he exclaimed following me.

Jeez, this boy doesn’t know how to give up.

“If it wasn’t, then whose fault was it?” I asked causing him to stop dead in his tracks as we stood in their driveway.

A tear escaped me as I quickly wiped it away, pulling out my cell phone.

“Mom, can you send someone to get me?” I asked.

“Sure, whatever. You’re at the Jonas’, right?” she asked.

“Mm-hmm. Just send someone quickly,” I answered.

“OK,” she answered in a monotone before hanging up.

I waited outside for about ten minutes feeling Nick’s eyes on me. We didn’t speak as we stood at least five feet away from one another just as my ride came to get me. But something happened I didn’t expect.

Nick walked up to the car, opening the door for me, but he avoided my gaze. I thanked him quietly as I climbed into the vehicle, him closing the door behind me before we drove off, him staring insistently as I left.

This time, I stared back as I broke down in tears. I was causing more trouble than I ever thought I would even though it was unintentional, but still even after the tears, I didn’t feel sorry for myself. I only felt sorry for Miley and Nick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not much to say besides sorry.

I know this update was long overdue, but I can only blame college for that and an MMORPG called Elsword.

I know I'm a total nerd.

Anywho, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.