Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Unexpected Things

I reluctantly answered the phone a sigh escaping me before I hit the button.

S: Hello?
M: WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED BETWEEN YOU AND MILEY?!

I bit my lip before answering her.

S: What do you mean?
M: I mean, why she called Ben asking to get you kicked off of the tour?!
S: SHE DID WHAT?!
M: Yeah, so you’d better explain right now.
S: *sighs* Mom, she and I just don’t like each other.
M: Well, you’d better become her best friend and NOT get kicked off of this tour! This is your big break and you’re ruining it!
S: I haven’t done anything wrong, Mom! Why won’t you believe me?
M: Because I know you have a thing for that boy.
S: I do not have a thing for Nick.
M: You keep telling yourself that. But seriously, straighten this out or I’ll ask Ben to take you off of the tour.
S: Are you serious?!
M: I’m dead serious. *click*

My mouth dropped open as I pulled the phone away from my ear staring at it. I tossed it next to me as a long, upset groan escaped me. It was a mix between a yell and groan. I’d forgotten anyone was on the bus with me as Joe and Kevin rushed to my side instantly.

Nick had taken a walk to “cool off”, but I knew he was upset about everything between me and Miley.

“What’s wrong?” Joe and Kevin asked in unison. I couldn’t speak as I just broke right then and there and cried.

I felt like complete and utter crap and they didn’t know why. Eventually, however, after the tears ceased, I spoke.

“Miley talked to my manager and asked him to take me off the tour,” I got out before they both protested.

“What the-?” Joe began, but Kevin cut across him.

“Heck. She had no right to do that!” he exclaimed heatedly.

“Wha-how do you know this anyway?” Joe asked.

“My mom called and said if Miley and I don’t get along, then she’ll ask him to take me off the tour. She even blamed me for everything that’s going on between me and her,” I said in a sad tone.

“WHAT?! If anything, its Miley’s jealousy that’s-Ugh!” Joe groaned just as angrily as I did earlier.

“What the hell is her problem? I mean, yeah, you’re gorgeous and everything, but you and Nick are just friends. She shouldn’t be doing any of the things she has so far,” Kevin said in a calm tone.

“Do you guys think I should quit the tour?” I asked apprehensively.

“No!” they answered in unison.

“That wouldn’t solve anything, Sam and you know that,” Kevin added. Joe nodded furiously.

I bit my lip before speaking.

“I should just take a break for a little while,” I confessed.

“How long of a break?” Joe asked in a worried tone.

“Until the tour with Miley starts,” I answered. Both he and Kevin gaped at me.

“I’ve been thinking about it and if Miley wants me gone then I’ll leave until the tour with her starts,” I decided.

Kevin and Joe stared at one another for a moment before looking back at me.

“What about us-your friends?” Joe pleaded.

“I’m sorry. I’ll really, truly miss you guys, but I think it’s for the best,” I admitted.

“Well, if that’s what you want to do, then I’ll support you no matter what. Now comes the hard part,” Kevin replied comfortingly.

“Which is what?” I asked in confusion.

“Telling Nick,” Joe answered.

I hadn’t realized the door to the bus had opened just after I asked my question, Nick standing in the little kitchen.

“Telling me what?” he asked staring at the three of us. I gulped as my eyes met his own.

Joe and Kevin both hugged me, silently whispering “good luck” before walking off of the bus leaving Nick and I alone.

“What do you have to tell me?” Nick asked again.

I bit my lip before a sigh escaped me.

“You should sit,” I answered.

He did so, sitting next to me on my right his eyes practically burning a hole into my skull. I took a deep breath before speaking.

“I’m sorry about the way things ended up earlier today,” I began, but he shook his head.

“Don’t be. I knew Miley didn’t like you from the start and it’s only gotten worse,” he admitted.

This only made things harder. I licked my lips before speaking again.

“About that, I’ve decided to avoid getting kicked off of the tour-to take a break until the tour with her starts,” I said truthfully.

Silence fell between us for a few moments before he responded. Scoffs escaped him as he ran a hand through his curls.

“You’re kidding me, right?” he asked incredulously.

I gulped as I suppressed the new tears.

“It’s the best thing to do to avoid any more drama at least until the next tour starts,” I said reluctantly.

“But what about us-your friends?” he asked quickly catching me off guard.

“I’m sure you guys could deal without me being around you for two weeks,” I said in a low tone.

“Two weeks is gonna feel like two years!” he exclaimed standing abruptly, but it sounded like something that slipped out.

“That’s not going to happen again, Nick,” I stressed, standing as I placed my hands on his shoulders.

“I know that, but-Why does all of this have to happen now when we were just getting used to being around one another again?!” he exclaimed in frustration shaking his head.

I placed my hands on his cheeks causing him to stop moving.

“It bothers me, too, but we’ll see each other again,” I promised.

Nick stared into my eyes and then did something I hadn’t expected him to do; he started leaning in. I suppose shock overcame me because I didn’t move an inch as he made it centimeters from my lips.

And soon enough, his lips made full contact with my own as the strongest sparks I’d ever felt filled me. Our lips moved in sync with one another for a few moments before my body finally reacted on its own.

I pulled away from him taking a sharp intake of breath as I stared horrified at him. He stared back at me, but I didn’t know what exactly he was thinking.

“I-I’ll-I’m-,” he stammered before walking out of the bus.

Once the door closed, I rushed to the bathroom shutting the door behind me as I heaved heavy breaths. It didn’t take long for me to look in the mirror and stare at my reflection.

My eyes were slightly red while my lips were a little more plump and redder. I bit them hard as I slumped down on the door, a groan escaping me as I ran a hand through my hair.

“Shit,” I whispered in shame.

I enjoyed that kiss as short as it was. But I didn’t know which I was more upset about; the fact that I enjoyed it or the fact that I wanted to kiss him again.

What made me feel guilty, however, had to be the fact that my mom was right. I had feelings for Nick and that kiss only made them grow stronger.



That night, I lay in bed for a final time of that tour staring at the ceiling of my bunk as I thought about what happened.

Nick and I hadn’t spoken to one another since causing me to assume this was how it was going to be until I had to leave.

Eventually, I drifted off into a deep slumber my thoughts on kissing Nick as the tingle on my lips lingered even in my sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Nick and Sam finally kissed. What do you guys think will happen between the love triangle now?

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.