Status: On Hiatus

Before the Fame

Lies and Press Conference

After the lighter, heart-filled breakfast, (Nick and I constantly giving each other secret looks at one another very often and even did secret gestures such as having our feet near each other under the table) everything died down as soon as it came to an end and we decided to head to the press conference.

Just before we got to the place, I received a text from Nick smiling from ear to ear as I read it.

I miss you. How many times do I have to say thank you for not giving up?

I quickly responded to him just before the door opened right before putting my sunglasses back on.

I miss you, too. You have say thank you until I feel like you’ve said it enough. ;)

Surprisingly, my mom hadn’t said a word about the way either of us were acting while we were at breakfast. She had a poker face as we walked to the table, the Jonas’ not too far behind us. Denise tended to Frankie whom was away from the table and the seating arrangements went my mom, me, Kevin, Joe, Nick, and then Mr. Jonas. I took off my sunglasses before placing them on my head while the guys put theirs on the table. The reporters snapped photos immediately when we walked into the room, but just before anyone began speaking, it seemed to have increased a little bit more.

My agent, Ben walked up and began the intro saying generic things like who we were and how we weren’t going to stay long and for the reporters only to ask a few questions although there was at least 25 reporters each with their own photographer.

One reporter, a man wearing a grey suit and black and white striped tie was chosen first and I bit the inside of my lip as he spoke.

“Is it true that you and Nick are dating?” he asked obviously directing the question to me.

Nick and I as well as his brothers forced a slight laugh out while our parents forced a chuckle before either of us answered.

I took a short breath before speaking simply into the mic one word.

“No.”

“But Samantha, is this not you with Nick?” a female reporter asked using a clicker as the projector in the room was pointed to our right and sure enough, a picture of Nick and I back on New Year’s Eve at the party sitting with Nick, his brothers, Danielle, and Demi all of us with smile while my mouth was open since I was laughing at the time.

I hadn’t even noticed anyone had taken photos at that time and wrinkled my brows in slight confusion just as Mr. Jonas spoke.

“Clearly those two weren’t not going to be around one another since they’re tour mates. Also, they’re not alone nor did they just come together,” he said.

“Besides, those two are just as close as Samantha is to his brothers yet there are nothing but allegations about her and Nick. If you’re going to come up with assumptions or conclusions just because Samantha and Nick hang out with each other in groups, then I suppose it would be assumed for everyone who hangs out with people that they could be dating someone every time they’re out,” my mother added causing the reporters to become more aggressive.

“What about Samantha’s hiatus from the tour? She left only a few days after she arrived initially with the Jonas Brothers,” another reporter retorted.

“Samantha didn’t want to leave, but had to due to a family emergency. There was a death in the family,” my mother lied easily.

I refrained from rolling my eyes, but nodded in agreement although I was lying, too.

“Do you think there will ever be anything between you two?” the final reporter asked causing me to get caught off guard.

Luckily, Nick decided to answer.

“Honestly, no one knows. We’re both still young and I’m sure Sam agrees that there’s enough time for us to clearly find other people,” he said calmly, but I could tell it was forced getting the hint from his words.

“Just because we’re friends doesn’t mean that we’re going to end up with one another,” I lied feeling guilty afterwards.

Ben called the press conference to an end and although the reporters continuously tried to ask questions, I headed back to the car and was silent when the door shut behind my mom.

“You’re good at lying on your feet,” she said as the car started.

“It’s not right, Mom. Couldn’t you have come up with something more realistic? This is going to cause more controversy especially if the media finds out we lied,” I retorted.

“Better that than anything about you and Nick,” was her response.

I rolled my eyes before answering my new text from Nick.

I’m sorry the whole conference was a lie.

So am I. I wish we didn’t have to lie. I answered with a sigh.

We arrived back at the hotel and I slammed the door behind me seeing Miley in the room. Our eyes met before I walked past her and laid in my bed. A scoff escaped her before she spoke.

“So you’re going to ignore me?” she asked as though she were hurt.

“You didn’t have to tell me those things earlier,” I retorted coldly.

She made a clicking sound with her tongue before speaking again.

“Oh please. It’s better you knew before you got yourself into anything,” she said in a slightly annoyed tone.

I ignored her just as I received a text from Nick.

Can we meet in five? I really want to see you.

Sure. Anything’s better than being in here with Miley.

Five minutes later arrived and I got up to leave the room, Miley not bothering to ask why and I met with Nick and his brothers. We headed to the roof again, but Joe and Kevin walked farther from us and kept a great distance from us. As soon as we were near a generator that obscured us, Nick laced hands with me before we hugged one another.

“Is this ever going to get easier?” I asked causing Nick to laugh lightly.

“I don’t think so, but we have to endure this for two weeks,” he answered.

Our eyes met and I thought of the previous night.

“Didn’t you say you wanted to kiss me last night?” I asked in a teasing tone.

Nick’s eyes lit up with slight shock and interest as a chuckle escaped him.

“You want me to kiss you now?” he asked in the same tone I did previously.

“Well, if you don’t want to-,” I began playfully, but I was cut off when Nick’s lips landed on my own and I kissed back with as much passion as he did.

As always, I felt my eyes roll back and closed as our lips moved in sync. I realized Nick and I hadn’t kissed since New Year’s and even that felt like it was months previously even though it wasn’t. His hands went in my hair and we kissed a little bit more. An “mmm” escaped me as a tingling went through me and my hands went into his curls. I felt a sharp inhale from Nick as he pulled away.

“Don’t do that,” he said with a slight smile.

“Why not?” I whispered not wanting to be loud.

“It feels good,” he answered and his eyes held a hint of lust in them.

I bit my lip just as I let my hands begin to leave Nick’s hair, but he stopped me.

“Just don’t do it too much. It gets me excited,” he admitted, his cheeks flushing.

“Sorry. When you do it to me, I feel the same way,” I agreed just as embarrassed.

A laugh escaped the both of us before Joe and Kevin showed up.

“We should head back,” Kevin said.

“It’s freezing out here!” Joe agreed.

Honestly, I hadn’t realized it when Nick and I were kissing causing my cheeks to flush even further.

“Uhhh, did we interrupt something?” Kevin asked in confusion.

“No,” Nick and I said in unison.

“Oookay?” Joe said in a questioning tone.

Kevin and Joe lead the way and Nick and I shared one last kiss before heading back inside.

The only thing that lingered on my mind that day was the fact that I wanted to kiss Nick more than that and it wasn’t because I wouldn’t be able to do so for at least a week; it was because of how I felt while kissing him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Going to double post today. :D Enjoy guys!

Please don't forget to comment, recommend, and subscribe.