Night Creatures Call

1/1.

“THIS IS HALLOWEEN! THIS IS HALLOWEEN! TRA-LA-LA TRA-LA-LA TRA-LA-LA TRA-LA-LA!” Martin boomed, skipping up the driveway.

Zack groaned at his boyfriend’s hyperness, but couldn’t help but smile. Martin’s favourite holiday was Halloween, so he’d indulge him, if only for tonight. All Zack had wanted to do after his ridiculously long day working at the local Gym was to sit down in front of the TV and eat ice-cream. But no, Martin insisted on dragging him to his work friend James Matthew call-me-Matt Flyzik’s Halloween party. Thanks to Martin working at Hot Topic (with said call-me-Matt Flyzik), Martin had even taken care of his costume. Yes, it was a costume party. The things Zack did for his boyfriend.

“Aren’t you excited, Z? There’s going to be alcohol, and toffee apples, and candy corn, and fake spiders, and all sorts of Halloween fun,” Martin grinned, ringing the doorbell.

“Super excited,” Zack grumbled, running his hand through his messy hair.

Martin smirked, making Zack swallow heavily. He knew that look. Zack didn’t protest when Martin slid his hand teasingly across Zack’s bare stomach though, protesting even less when Martin’s hand dipped into the front of his shorts.

“Babe, you shouldn’t be worrying, let alone freaking out. Everyone will love you. And you look amazing. In fact, if only you could see how hot you look right now…”

“So you finally bring your boyfriend along to one of my parties and you’re already raping him?” a voice interrupted.

Zack looked up to see a guy dressed like someone out of the Matrix, with a lip ring and messy short black hair standing in the open doorway. Flyzik?

“Matty Matt Matt Matthew!” Martin said happily, “Matt, this is Zack, Zack this is Matt,”

“Nice to finally meet you,” Matt smirked, looking Zack up and down.

Why was Zack blushing? Because aside from green body paint covering every inch of his skin, Martin had dressed him in a pair of purple lycra shorts. Yes, he was The Hulk.

“Told you he had the body of a God,” Martin said smugly.

“Shut up Spiderman-who-won’t-wear-the-mask-because-it’ll-ruin-his-hair,” Zack grumbled.

“I like him already. Come on in guys, you’re the last to arrive,” Matt laughed.

Zack had only ever met two of Martin’s friends, Jack and Alex. He knew they were a completely flaming couple, so were the rest of Martin’s friends like this? He dreaded to think.

“I’ll point out everyone’s names before we get drinks, and then I’ll introduce them to you, okay?” Martin murmured in his ear.

Zack just smiled nervously and nodded. The things he did for his boyfriend.

*

Jack was in the middle of a conversation with his boyfriend when Alex looked away from him, completely transfixed on something else.

“Glad to know our 4 years means so much to you, Fagskarth,” Jack groaned.

“Shut your mouth, Baraslut. I’m checking out Martin’s man meat,” Alex grinned.

“I hope you mean his boyfriend. We made rules about Martin turning up naked again, didn’t we?” Jack frowned.

“Just check him out,” Alex purred.

Purred. Huh. Perfect for the only male person dressed as Catwoman, leather bustier, leather jeans and all. Jack sighed but looked in the direction Alex was, and his jaw dropped. There he was, Martin’s new boyfriend Zack. Local gym trainer and voted hottest body of the town every year since he’d moved here after college.

“Okay, I’ll give you that one. Fuck, he looks good,” Jack breathed.

“Who are you two perving over now?” Danny mused, noticing his friends’ open mouths.

“Martin’s boyfriend. We’ve only met him once before. Have you met him?” Jack explained.

Danny looked over and gasped, making Jack and Alex laugh.

“No, but I certainly would like to,” Danny murmured, twirling his devil tail.

“Well go ask your boyfriend for an introduction! He seems to have met them already,” Alex giggled, “and them bring him over here,”

“And let you get your slutty kitty cat hands on him? Hell no,” Danny snickered, walking over to Matt.

Alex pouted, making Jack frown. The only time Alex ever pouted like this was when a shoe order at his designer boutique went wrong, and even then Jack didn’t like it.

“What’s wrong, sexy Lexy?” Jack asked, cupping his boyfriend’s face with his hands.

“Kurily said I was a slutty kitty cat? Am I?” Alex pouted again.

“Babe you’re dressed all in leather, leaving your dick to no imagination,” Jack shrugged.

This only made Alex pout more.

“But you’re my slutty kitty cat, so that’s okay,” Jack grinned.

Alex’s pout instantly turned to a grin. “Well, in that case…”

Alex trailed off seconds before Jack pressed their lips firmly together, pushing his tongue past his boyfriend’s lips unashamedly, ignoring the groans from everyone around them. Well, slutty kitty cats happen to have an effect on him, and who was Jack to deny that?

*

Danny finally pushed past all the partiers to reach his boyfriend when he heard groans. That probably just Jack and Alex making out. Again.

“Hey Matty,” Danny smiled, sliding his arm round his Matt’s waist.

“Hey beautiful. Zack, this is my wonderfully devilish boyfriend Danny. Dannycakes this is Martin’s new boyfriend Zack,” Matt introduced, tweaking Danny’s horns until they were straight.

Danny fought the urge to wiggle his head until the horns were crooked again.

“It’s great to meet the guy that Martin’s been hiding for 5 months,” Danny beamed.

Martin poked his tongue out at his friend, before laughing.

“I had to make sure he wasn’t going to run off with one of you somehow,” Martin shrugged.

Zack blushed and lightly punched Martin in the arm.

“Anyway, we’re going to get some drinks before I introduce him to everyone. Hell, Zack’s probably going to need some alcohol in him before he meets Jeff, Vinny and Ian,” Martin snickered.

Danny looked over at their friends, dressed as a roman emperor, a gorilla and a hippie, all very drunk and all talking animatedly. Oh yeah, Zack would need a good drink in him before he met those raucous friends.

“Very true! See you later on,” Matt grinned.

Danny smiled as Zack and Martin walked into the kitchen hand-in-hand, before wrapping his arms properly round Matt’s waist.

“They seem good together,” Danny commented, “Don’t you think? I mean, I think it’s really great that Martin’s finally found someone who can deal with his random moods,"

No answer.

"Are you even listening to me?” Danny added.

“Mm, I should probably warn them away from the punch,” Matt mumbled, looking over at the kitchen.

Of course Matt wasn’t listening. Again. Now Danny was starting to get pissed. Matt always seemed to be somewhere else lately.

“Maybe I should dye my hair bright pink and join the circus,”

“Mm,”

“And maybe I should become vegan and fuck up all our food bills,”

“Mm,”

“And maybe I’ll start sleeping with Ian instead of you,”

“What?!”

“Oh now you listen,” Danny muttered.

Matt sighed. “Look, I’m sorry, I’m just trying to be a good host,”

“Sure, but it comes at the cost of being a shitty boyfriend,” Danny retorted.

“Danny…”

“No, don’t Danny me! You haven’t been listening to me all night. You’ve barely been listening to me for the past 6 months! Stop worrying if Vinny’s spiked the punch! Relax for once! When will you stop being so obsessive over being perfect? You’re already perfect!” Danny ranted.

Matt stared at his boyfriend briefly in shock. Danny had never voiced his opinions like this before. Not once in their 3 years.

“I’m far from fucking perfect,” Matt muttered.

Danny cupped his boyfriend’s face with a hand.

“You’re perfect to me,” Danny murmured.

Matt blushed, making Danny smile.

“I’m sorry, okay? I’ll try to relax. The last thing I want is to ignore you,” Matt said.

“Good. Because I’m serious,” Danny said firmly.

“Serious about what?” Matt frowned.

“I’ll start sleeping with Ian instead of you if you don’t buck your ideas up,” Danny smirked.

“If he touches you inappropriately, even once…”

Danny laughed and cut off his boyfriend’s rant with a deep kiss, flinging his arms round Matt’s neck. Matt moaned softly, squeezing Danny’s waist gently before breaking the kiss. Danny kept his arms where they were.

“I love you,” Danny smiled.

“I love you more. Now, I’ve really got to check if Vinny’s spiked the punch,” Matt insisted.

“Alright, if you say so. Just remember who I am, yeah?” Danny teased.

“As if I could ever forget,” Matt laughed.

*

Rian stood awkwardly against the wall, beer untouched in his hand. His vampire make-up was starting to get itchy. But that’s not all that made him uncomfortable. Other than the eagerly-making-out Fred and Daphne from Scooby Doo standing right next to him (Rian had briefly been told that their names were Evan and Eva), it was the fact that he was on a date right now. Rian had never had any luck with dates previously, and this one looked to be following that pattern. Alex Grieco was a frequent visitor to the swimming pool that Rian worked as a lifeguard in, and he’d had the most unsubtle crush on Rian for way over a year, and Rian had finally agreed to go out with him. A first date. Who takes a first date to a Halloween party full of people that their date doesn’t know? So far, Grieco’s choices tonight were not looking up. The one thing he had going for him was that Grieco’s zombie costume meant he was wearing a ripped t-shirt, revealing his pale but toned torso.

“So, uh, some first date, huh?” Grieco said with a weak smile.

Rian just looked at him, making Grieco sigh.

“Yeah, okay, I know it sucks. I wouldn’t be surprised if you up and left and didn’t speak to me again,” Grieco mumbled.

Wow, he didn’t expect Grieco to be that down about himself. Now he felt bad.

“I’ve been on worse?” Rian offered.

“Really?” Grieco sighed.

Grieco clearly didn’t believe him. So Rian thought hard.

“Well…there was this one time that I took this guy out to the movies, and afterwards we were making out in the back of my car with the guy on top of me, I think his name was Kennedy Brock, and he started having a nosebleed. It went all over my face. I’ve literally never seen anyone get out of a car so fast,” Rian mused.

Grieco burst into laughter, making Rian smile even more. Grieco had a cute laugh.

“Okay, that’s pretty bad,” Grieco nodded, still grinning.

“I’ve got another one too. Before I figured out I was gay, I took this girl out to dinner. She spent the entire time either complaining about her parents or picking at my food. I mean, don’t get a salad bitch, if you’re going to eat my food. I hate that so much!” Rian groaned.

“Oh gosh, I hate that too! A guy that took me out once did the same thing to me, but he was under the impression that because he was paying, he could eat what he wanted,” Grieco grimaced.

Rian and Grieco looked at each other, before bursting into laughter, Grieco leaning on Rian slightly. Rian found he didn’t mind the warmth from Grieco’s arm. He didn't mind it at all.

“Wow, we’re really good at picking them, huh?” Rian chuckled.

“I guess so. Hopefully my luck is changing though,” Grieco said shyly, blushing a little as he looked at Rian.

Rian couldn’t help the flutter of butterflies in his stomach. Hopefully his luck was changing too.

*

By the end of the party, Zack was sprawled out on a sofa, Martin lying on top of him. They weren’t doing anything raunchy, they were just talking, occasionally sharing kisses.

“You’re friends aren’t all that bad after all,” Zack murmured, his hands playing with the hem of Martin’s Spidey shirt.

“I told you so,” Martin smirked.

“Yeah, yeah, don’t get too cocky,” Zack chuckled.

“But I thought you liked my cock?” Martin teased.

Zack blushed. “You’re so crude,”

“One of my many fabulous qualities, Z baby,” Martin crooned.

Zack just laughed and pressed a slow kiss to Martin’s lips, smiling when Martin moaned softly. Sure, it was a little weird making out on a sofa when the two guys on a first date (Rian and Grieco, Zack believed their names were) were making out on the sofa next to them, and when Jack and Alex were dry-humping against the wall, and when Matt and Danny were definitely fucking upstairs, but oh well. As long as he had Martin’s lips to his he didn’t care. He didn’t care about anything.

Eventually Martin pulled away with a loud smack, making Zack cringe but chuckle.

“I’m so glad you had a good time. I was worried you wouldn’t want to join in with any of Matt’s weird games, but you seemed to get pretty into it,” Martin smiled.

“Yeah, well, I played bobbing for toffee apples a lot when I was a kid, although I’ll admit it wasn’t bobbing in pure vodka, but still. I’m glad you asked me to come,” Zack smiled back.

“Oookay this is getting cheesy. Want me to blow you in the spare room?” Martin grinned, standing up from the sofa.

“Fucking hell Martin, don’t share that kind of shit,” Grieco protested from next to them.

Zack ignored him, letting Martin pull him upright and out of the room.

Happy fucking Halloween to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
And Happy fucking Halloween to you too =]

Hope you enjoyed this!
Feedback is appreciated =]

xo