Beautiful Blood

Ch.1 The Party

‘’I can’t believe I let Nikki drag me to this stupid house party.” I grumbled to myself “Everyone too close together the scent of blood coursing through their veins is making my throat ache.

''I've got to get outta here and quick!'' I said to myself. I turned to leave and bumped right into a drunk teenager. As a result… we both fell down.

''Hey Vanessa,’’ he said getting to his feet. ''Need some help,'' he said extending his hand out to me. It was Scott I had a major crush on him and now he probably thought I was a complete idiot. FUCK MY LIFE!

''Um... Sure,’’ I said taking his hand.

''I'm sorry I really have to start watching where I’m going,'' he said flashing his brilliant smile that took my breath away.

''It's okay I was just leaving,'' I said trying to step around him. He stepped in front of me purposely blocking my path.

''Aw, don't leave so soon the party’s just getting started,'' he said pulling me out onto the dance floor.

I sighed to myself “it looks like I have another hour or so of endurance. Well at least he’s cute.” I thought as I danced with Scott. When I thought I had a clear shot I tried to escape again, but once again Scott stopped me.

''Still trying to get away from Me.'' he teased.

“NO, SCOTT I'M TRYING NOT TO KILL YOU!” I thought my patience wearing thin as my blood lust grew, but that’s not what I told him. ''Of course not, but it's your life if you don't let me go now I could very well kill you,'' I said with a sinister smile the animal in me taking over.

''I'll take my chances,'' he said returning my smile. My eyes widened in disbelief a human reaction, the vampire in me only thinking of what it would be like to rip out his throat and feast on the divine sweetness of his blood. “You just don't get it I might actually kill you,'' I said this was it the beast was taking full control.

''Sure,'' he said smugly flexing his muscles. ''Alright Scott I gotta go,'' I said turning away from him. He caught my wrist and spun me back to him.

''I hope you didn't think I'd let you leave that easily,'' he said holding me tighter.

At his touch my throat no longer ached it burned with an uncontrollable need.

My fangs were pushing through my gums. I knew what would happen next. My eyes would turn blood red and the vampire side of me would take over. The scent of Scott, the blood in his veins it was becoming to much for me to stand. I pushed him back; too hard my vampire strength sent him tumbling backward. He sat up and looked at me bewildered, a few other party goers as well.

“Vanessa-‘’

‘’I’m so sorry.’’ I backed away covering my mouth, my eyes teared up as I turned and ran as fast as I could, leaving the party and everyone in it behind in moments. I kept running until I was miles from the house. I sat down wiping tears from my eyes; I had to calm down before I could hunt.

I smelled him before he reached me. ''Hey miss are you okay,'' said a male voice. I didn't answer. I looked up to see a white male looking at me curiously.

''So thirsty,'' I said as if in a trance. I got to my feet and walked toward him.

My face frightened him he turned to run but I was faster. I grabbed him effortlessly sinking my fangs into his throat. He cried out whether from surprise or pain I didn’t know and I didn’t care. I didn’t stop the warm blood felt so good on my tongue, and I loved the warmth that came with it as it sooth my burning throat. I pulled back before I could finish him off. The man stared at me through wide eyes.

''I'm sorry,'' I said turning to run away.

“I’m doing too much of this today.” I said aloud.

“Too much of what?” someone asked.

“Apologizing and running away.” I answered without thinking about it.

In the midst of my confusion I didn’t think about whom I was talking to or what it was he wanted. But it was too late it didn’t matter. It was already too late.