Status: Done!

What Happens on Tour Stays on Tour

Unexpected Company

It had been a while since the last hotel night, but I think everything me and Brendon talked about was all in the past now. That is because for one I just had to keep kissing him till he would finally shut up.
We were finally in LA, which was nice. Brendon and I had our moments and the stage we performed on was incredible. Honestly, you would think everything was back together... not.
It was about 5 pm next day. We were at a small venue. The concert was going to start at 5 and end at 8:30 tonight. When it was a little after 5PM, Spencer came over to where me and Brendon were sitting in the dressing room. There was a smile on his face, good news I'm guessing?
"Hey Brendon." Spencer said.
"Yep." Brendon said.
"I hope you don't wind, but since we are in LA I hit Ryan up, so we are all going out to eat at 9."
And just like that, everything came back and hit Brendon hard. His emotions changed instantly as he looked more surprised than ever.
"Ryan- we're gunna see Ryan again... today?"
"Yeah, why not, besides, I can tell how much you still miss him."
"Yeah um alright..." Brendon left off as Spencer started to leave the room.
Brendon sat there. Strangely, I couldn't tell if he was panicking or having a deep thought about all this. I just know that Ryan was the one thing Brendon wanted to avoid.
Then Brendon spoke, his lips barely moved, "What am I going to do?"
"Brendon relax, I'm pretty sure you two are off on some good friendly terms considering how long it's been."
"You have a point there, Dallon."
"Exactly, I mean he's one of your friends, and I know everything, but it's nice to see people you haven't seen in ever."
"Okay okay okay." He took a deep breath, "I'm seeing Ryan tonight. One of my best friends since highschool, and it's been more than a year, I miss him, why not."
"There you go, Brendon." I rubbed his back. I knew tonight... wasn't going to be easy.

---

"Okay guys, we have to pick up Ryan." Spencer said randomly as we were getting dressed from the concert we just finished.
"Alrighty." Ian said.
I looked over to Brendon. It seemed like with each mention of Ryan, he always seems like he's having a heart attack inside. His face makes it seem like he ate his food too fast or something. Nervousness probably.
As soon as we were done getting ready we headed into the car. Spencer drove, Ian was in the passenger seat, then in the back was me and Brendon.
As soon as we got to the front of Ryan's house, Spencer said:
"I can go get hi-"
"No, I'll go." Brendon cut in before opening the door and getting out.
We then all sat there in silence, not questioning Brendon, and waiting.
As soon as we heard the car door open I see Brendon come in and sit in the middle while Ryan sat next to him. So this was Ryan Ross, huh. He seemed like a nice guy, a little shaggy and common, but who was I to question if this was just his style.
As soon as the car started moving they made small talk. Everything seemed to be friendly between them, and for Brendon, he seemed perfectly at ease with him. We then all started to talk a little after a while.
As soon as we got to the restaurant, Brendon actually offered for Ryan to sit next to him. Was it just me, or did it seem like I couldn't even break that bond of theirs like Brendon oh so "desperately wanted"
After a while I over hear Spencer say:
"Well Ryan we could drive you home, unless you wanna chill with us back at the venue-"
Brendon chimes in, "Well it's not all the best idea, Spencer, as soon as we get back we only have like less then an hour and we would have to pack everything up and stuff." Brendon looks at me, his eyes telling me he just wants time for us. I feel uneasy for some reason. I don't know, maybe for the fact that Brendon would rather be with me than with someone he hasn't seen in a while, despite it was his x.
As soon as we dropped Ryan back off at his house, and as soon as we got back to the venue, Brendon really didn't want to take his hands off me. We didn't kiss yet tonight, but that's because we didn't have any privacy for the first 15 minutes. Eventually, everyone was packing up, but me and Brendon, we ran off down some hallway for some privacy. I didn't know if it was so wrong to be able to kiss him in a moment, but I put everything to the side, just like Brendon, the one in this whole situation, was doing.
We sat in the two seats next to each other down this random hall.
"LA has such a great audience." Brendon said. I guess he just wanted to start up a conversation first.
"I know, they enjoy your good looks." I tell him as I give him a smile.
He smiles back as he takes my hand.
"Yeah, but you're the tall drink of water, I'm pretty sure they fell for you too." Brendon seems better than ever now.
"Dallon I swear I almost got hard from you tonight." He gave me a playful suggestive look. Yep, back to normal.
"Only for you, man." I tell him.
"God, I love you." Brendon tells me. That "I love you" I knew just meant "thanks for helping me forget"
"Love you too." I say. 'You're welcome'
His hand removes from my hand as it goes to the side of my face. We go in for a kiss. After a few seconds his tongue slides into my mouth. Brendon still felt a little quick and desperate, but it was bound to get better.
All of the sudden, just like hearing a shot go off in the dead silence, was a voice say, "Brendon?!"
Brendon's lips remove quickly from mine as we both look in that direction.
"Ryan." Brendon says, and suddenly, I don't want to be a part of this.
"Oh My God." Ryan says as he tries to leave. Brendon gets up quickly and runs towards him.
He grabs Ryan's arm as Ryan struggles. Brendon says he can explain, Ryan gives him a shot, but it doesn't end too well.
The arguing stars and in all honesty, I didn't listen, it was none of my business, well, at least I didn't want it to be my business.
I just stay in my seat, tense, listening to all this. I watch as Ryan sinks down against the wall as Brendon brings out his best attempts to get an apology. After a while I even hear Brendon softly sing to Ryan. Like that would make a difference. Looking at Ryan's expressions, I knew someone as pissed as him wouldn't give in too easily.
More and more arguing; more and more I get involved, more and more... I want to leave.
Eventually, without an apology accepted Ryan gets up and starts to leave. Brendon doesn't run after him, he just stands there.
I don't say a word as he comes back over to me. I could tell how unexpectedly broken he was. I looked into his watery eyes and I felt so bad. He then tells me:
"Dallon, I fucked up big time, but I can't let him run away from me like this, and for you, for us, we can't- we just can't do this anymore."
"I understand, Brendon, but what can you do? We leave in 15 minutes-"
"I can't leave without him forgiving me. I can't leave knowing he totally hates me right now." Brendon says as he leaves the venue. I don't even bother to run after him. This was his problem and if he really wanted to fix it, I didn't want to get in his way... even if that meant we were going to be late for our flight.
It had been almost 30 minutes since Brendon left. Spencer finally finds me and says,
"Hey do you know where Brendon is?"
"He's at Ryan's." I tell him. I wasn't going to lie. I had Brendon's back, but this was seriously affecting all of us because we were surely going to be late.
"Why?" Spencer questioned.
"To say goodbye." I shrug my shoulders. Now this I had to lie for.
Spencer tries to pull out his phone, I stop him, "Give him a few more minutes."
"We are going to be late for the flight."
"We are already late."
"Well I'm sorry, but we were trying to find him."
"Just give him some time. Who knows how long it will be for the next flight, and besides, I think we would just miss some of practice anyway."
"Fine... 15 more minutes and we are going to get him."
"Okay." I said.
When that time passed we headed to Ryan's house to pick up Brendon. Right when we were down Ryan's street Spencer called Brendon. Right when we got to the house, not even a minute passed until Brendon came out. He seemed a little better actually.
When he got in the car, I didn't want to say anything. Whatever happened was between them. Spencer started:
"How did you even get here-"
"I took a taxi...."
"Brendon... you made us miss our flight."
"I'm sorry." He said, under his breath.
There was no more discussion as we headed to the airport.
As we waited the extra two hours, I was finally able to talk to Brendon alone after a while.
"What happened?"
"He forgave me."
"Really? How?"
"It just happened, really."
"Brendon it must have taken a lot to get forgiveness from him."
"I know...."
Wow, this was going no where. Before I could even get the chance to get the whole thing out of him, our flight was called.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH EM GEE. Brendon totally screwed up. Huh, don't you wonder what Brendon did to get Ryan's apology? Welp you'll figure it out soon.