Reflection

New Kid

I groaned as crawled out of bed. It was 7 in the morning and I was awake. Why? Because I had to go to fucking school. Why did school have to start so damn early? Why not 10? 11? Why the fuck did it have to start at 8:25 in the morning?

To make matters worse my head was pounding from the 3 straight days of drinking I’d done with my brothers, cousin and best friend. Mom, Dad, Uncle MJ and Aunt Jessie had decided that they were going to extend their vacation for another week which meant they’d be home this Sunday instead. However they had called early Sunday morning to tell us that if we didn’t go to school next time they’d send us to stay with our grandparents and they didn’t mean Grandpa Matt and Grandma Val.

“Darcy…Abi…we have to get up.” I said nudging my cousin and best friend who were on either side of me on my king sized bed.

“Don’t wanna!” Abi replied.

“No choice. If I’m going to school hung over so are you babe.” I replied and smacked her ass as I climbed out of bed.

Grabbing a glass of water from the bedside I walked out of my room I banged on Jakob and Jace’s door.

“Jace! Wake your ass up!” I said pounding on the door.

There was a noise inside and a moment later the door swung open, “Jesus Sparrow…do you have to be so fucking loud?” he asked.

“Yes. I’m not bring the wrath of Mom on me because your ass wasn’t up for school.” I replied before walking over to the railing.

Leaning over I tipped the almost full glass over, spilling the water out right over Jakob and Link’s heads.

“What the fuck?!?” Jakob yelled jumping up.

“It’s time to get up.” I replied.

“So you opened the flood gates on us?” Link asked.

“Yes.” I replied and headed back to my room.

When I walked into my room Abi was prodding Darcy who was only a blond puff ball under my purple sheets. I smiled and headed for my en suite shower.

I pulled off my pajamas and stood under the hot spray of the shower hoping it would dissolve some of my headache. Once I was clean I stepped out wrapping a towel around me.

“Shower’s free!” I called and a few moments later Abi appeared.

“Darcy’s not riding with us. She’s getting a ride from her friend Chandler’s mom.” Abi said and she stepped into the shower before tossing her pajamas out a few seconds later.

“You mean her boyfriend’s mom.” I smiled.

“Really? She’s fucking 12 and she has a boyfriend? Seriously? We’re fucking 15!” Abi replied.

“I know right?” I replied as I started to do my makeup.

An hour later we were piling into Jakob’s blue Mustang.

“C’mon Jakob! Quit playing kissy face with Link and get us to school!” Jace yelled beeping the horn.

Jakob didn’t break away from Link, instead he raised his hand and gave Jace the middle finger. By the time Jakob and Link finally broke apart we had 10 minuets to get to school. We pulled into the parking lot just as the bell rang.

“Jakob remind me to murder you later.” I snapped as I climbed out and headed to the office.

“C’mon it’s not my fault.” Jakob said rolling his eyes.

“The fuck it isn’t! You were too busy playing tonsil hockey with your boyfriend to get us to school on time!” Abi said and with that the two of us headed to the office to get late passes, leaving my brothers behind.

I really hated being late. When I was late it was harder to notice that people stared and whispered about me. The district lines had been redrawn when Jace and I were 12 and Jakob was 13. That meant that we had been transferred to a whole new school where the kids didn’t know us and nor did they want to.

From the second they found out that our parents and grandparents were famous they had started ignoring us or picking on us. The only comfort I had was Abi who I met on my first day. Thanks to the fact her dad and uncle were Mikey and Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance she got a lot of shit about being famous.

If it wasn’t for Abi I’d have lost my mind a long time ago. The snobby little bitches that went here drove me insane. Jace and Jakob handled it just fine. They hung out together mostly and kept their heads down so the guys left them alone. However girls were ten times as vicious as guys were.

Abi and I walked into the office and up to the desk.

“Can we please have two tardy slips?” I asked the woman behind the counter.

The woman looked less than amused, “The attendance lady is busy at the moment and she’s the only one who can give you the slip. She’ll be out momentarily. Have a seat.” she said.

I rolled my eyes behind my pink and black aviators and sat down on the row of chairs she’d gestured to. Abi put her earphones on and turned on her Ipod. I’d left mine at home so I was screwed. The office was silent with the exception of the faint sound of Bullet For My Valentine which was blasting from the earbuds of a kid a couple chairs down from me. Unlike Abi his weren’t the kind where you could turn them up to max volume and still have no one hear the music.

He had dark hair that fell in his eyes. He was dressed in a Circa Survive shirt, tight jeans and boots, a Bleach messenger bag propped up beside him. Both arms were littered with tattoos and his bottom lip had snakebites. I didn’t recognize him so I guessed he was new.

My contemplation of the new kid was halted when my brothers came barreling in.

“Sit down. We can’t get tardy slips yet.” I said.

Jace and Jakob let out sighs and took up another two seats. A moment later there was tap on my shoulder. I turned to see the new guy had moved down so he was sitting a seat away from me.

“The name’s Adrian. What’s your love?” he asked his voice thick with a British accent.

“Sparrow.” I replied with a quick smile.

“You know you’re very pretty.” he said with a smirk.

“Um…thanks.” I replied. Something about this kid annoyed me. I just couldn’t put my finger on it.

“I’m new here and I was wondering if you could give me a tour? You know introduce me to the student body?” he asked with enough emphasis on ‘body’ to let me know he wasn’t talking about introducing him around school.

“Sorry but this is one student body that you’re never going to get acquainted with.” I replied.

“Do you even know who I am love?” he asked.

“Um…some creeper who can’t take no for an answer?” I replied.

“Well what if I was to tell you my dad was Danny Worsnop of Asking Alexandria?” he asked.

“Then I’d say congrads. Your Dad’s band is great. However you’re not him so you really don’t credit for his work. You’re simply the product of his sperm hitting your mother’s egg. And besides that…celebrity doesn’t impress me.” I replied.

He raised his eyebrows before furrowing them again, “Wait…Sparrow? Your Granddad isn’t by any chance Zacky Vengeance is he?” Adrian asked.

I rolled my eyes, “Here we go again.” I thought before replying.

“Yes he is.”

“Hmm…no wonder celebrity doesn’t impress you what with your breeding.” he smiled.

I opened my mouth to reply when the attendance lady walked into the office.

“Mr. Worsnop here is your schedule, school map, code of conduct sheet and your locker assignment.” she said handing him a couple of sheets of paper.

“Thanks. Bye Sparrow.” he said and winked before he left.

“What the fresh hell was that about?” Jakob asked. Him and Jace had been to preoccupied with a game of Rock, Paper Scissors to notice the fact I was being partly harassed.

“New kid. Danny Worsnop’s son.” I replied.

“And he was hitting on you?” Jace asked.

“Yep and couldn’t take no for an answer.” I replied.

Jakob opened his mouth to reply when the attendance lady walked forward and handed us our late slips.

“We’ll talk about it later. Right now I’m late for English.” I said and walked out of the office.

Thanks to the fact I was dreading walking into the room it seemed to only take me seconds to reach the door. If I wasn’t afraid of my mother’s wrath I would’ve skipped but I was so I opened the door.

Mrs. East was standing at the front of the class writing a list of symbols in ‘The Great Gatsby’. Without a word I handed her my late slip and headed for my seat in the back of the class. The moment I turned towards the class the glares started.

I couldn’t stand this school. If I could I would be home schooled like Link but my parents wanted me to have a ‘normal’ life. As if it could ever really be normal seeing as I had spent most of the first 5 years of my life and almost every summer on a tour bus.

As I made my way down the aisle towards my desk I stepped over 2 book bags that were kicked purposely in my path, ignored the whispers of most of the girls and finally made it to my desk in one piece.
I took my seat and pulled off my black hoodie and aviators, tucking them in my backpack before removing my Black Veil Brides notebook and copy of The Great Gatsby from inside. With pen in hand I began to copy down the notes.

About fifteen minuets later there was a knock on the door before it swung open. I looked up and saw Adrian walk into the class room.

“Is this Mrs. East’s class?” he asked.

“Yes it is. Who are you?” Mrs. East asked.

“I’m Adrian Worsnop…I’m new.” he said.

“Ah yes…our new student. Well we’re in the midst of reading The Great Gatsby. I’ll have to get you another copy from storage tomorrow but for right now you’ll have to share. How about you share with…oh…there seems to be a seat open by Sparrow. I‘m sure she can give you the notes as well.” she said.

Adrian’s face broke into a smile and he turned towards me and waved. I rolled my eyes and he started for the empty seat next to mine. Several of the girls winked and waved as he made his way to the back and he was more than happy to wave and smile back. By the time he got to the back I was sure that every girl had eye fucked him thoroughly.

“Hello again Sparrow.” he smiled as he sat down by me.

“Hi.” I replied shortly.

“You know you look absolutely beautiful in pink. Of course you‘d look beautiful in anything…or nothing.” he smirked.

I just ignored him and finished the last line of notes. Sitting my pen down I closed my notebook and sat it in front of him along with my copy of the book.

“All the notes are there and I’ve marked each reading assignment with a sticky tab. So knock yourself out.” I said.

“You’re not going to read it with the class?” he asked.

“No. I read it 3 years ago for fun. However it sucks so I have no urge to re-read it.” I replied.

With that I pulled my hoodie back on and pulled my iPod out of my backpack and discretely put it in my ears. Putting my head down I closed my eyes. Mrs. East wouldn’t say two words to me about sleeping in her class. I had almost a 100 in this class so I could pretty much do whatever the fuck I wanted.

Soon I lost myself in the music and dozed off.

I sat in a field of green with a blue sky over me. The sun was warm on my arms and there was a soft breeze. It was beautiful.

I laid back and let the sun soak into my skin. However a few moments later a shadow fell over me. Sighing I cracked one eye open to see who it was that was interrupting my dream.

“Hey kid.”

I sat up quickly, “Jimmy?” I asked.

“Yep!” he said and grabbed me in a hug and began to swing me around.

“Whoa! What the hell? Why are you in my dream?” I asked.

He sat me down and then lowered himself to the ground, crossing his long limbs. He patted the ground next to him telling me to sit down.

“So tell me about Adrian.” he smiled.

“Adrian? The annoy horny asshole who keeps hitting on me?” I asked.

“Yes him. I know for a fact you think he’s hot.” Jimmy replied.

“Hot? Are you serious?” I asked.

“C’mon Sparrow…don’t lie to your Uncle Jimmy.” He said.

I sighed, “Okay so maybe he’s a little attractive…but he’s a dick!” I replied.

“Okay I’ll give you that one.” Jimmy conceded.

“Thank you.” I replied and we lapsed into silence.

“So why are you here? I’ve never had you in my dreams before.” I replied.

He shrugged, “I’m just here…that’s all you need to know right now.”

“All I need to know?” I asked.

“Yeah…all you need to know. I’m here and I’ll be here for you anytime you need me. All you have to do is call.” He smiled.

“You know…I thought I saw you the other night…in the mirror.” I replied the memory popping up suddenly.

“Hmm…” he said twiddling his thumbs.

“Jimmy…why do I get the feeling that you should be telling me something that you’re not?” I asked.

He smiled his huge smile and shrugged.

“Jimmy….what’s going on?” I asked but suddenly there was a high pitched ring from somewhere and a moment later everything began to fall away.


I sat up in my desk and Adrian was tapping me on the shoulder.

“Wakey Wakey love….class is over.” he said.

“Oh. I didn’t realize I fell asleep.” I replied.

“Well you did and class is over.” he replied.

“Thanks.” I said.

“Welcome. Maybe one day you can return the favor.” he said and winked and blew me a kiss.

I rolled my eyes. He may have been attractive but I knew that Adrian Worsnop was going to be a pain in my ass.

Thinking of Adrian made me think of Jimmy and I remembered that he had been keeping something from me. However I shook it off. It was just a dream. It probably didn’t mean anything that he was there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Not so happy with this one :/

School