Status: Comment&Subscribe? :)

Steady Damage

Black smoke and a new friend?

I ran a hand through my hair as I looked around. Most people filled the compartments already and I really didn't want to just walk up to them and sit down looking all awkward so I opted to look around for one and with luck on my side, I found one. It wasn't really a compartment but more a booth so I wasn't really secluded. A few people looked over here time from time but they mostly ignored me which I was thankful for. I wasn't in the mood for awkward small talk.

I flung my bag onto the table and took out my muggle music player. I switched it to a random rock song, turning the volume up.

Despite what I promised myself I took out a cigarette and lit it up. I knew it was rude to smoke around a bunch of people in a train but I was itching for one. No more than a minute later someone had the audacity to tap my shoulder. I lazily looked up at the boy and read his lips since my music was still on.

"Can you put that out?" Is what I made out of it and since he asked politely I nodded and threw it our of the window. He took a seat and right then I knew I wasn't going to be able to listen to my music in peice so I powered it off and put it back. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, "Whats your name?" Nameless boy asked.

"Renee, you?" My voice was a little bit rough and scratchy but that was because I had barely talked in the past week. I cleared my throat and waited patiently. "Eli Clark." He stated with a kind smile. "Are you new?" He questioned and I nodded.

"Why are you in Slytherin? You seem to nice." I observed, giving him my opinion. My voice was clear this time and actually fit me. He quirked his eyebrow with a tiny smile. "My dad was in Slytherin so the sorting hat saw it fit for my to be in this particular house. What about you though? You don't fit in here, you seem more of..." He pushed his lips to the side in thought. "Well you don't really fit into any of the houses that I can tell right now. Well you're mysterious so I guess thats wy you're in here." He offered, looking guilty as if he offended me.

I shook my head. "The sorting hat didn't know where to put me so he randomly placed me here." I was talking to much and I didn't fancy it. He nodded his head in understanding and we fell into a comfortable silence. Maybe I could deal with him. The silence ended once a black smoke evaded our part of the train. Some girls screamed and what sounded like a girly shriek from hell came from a boy but since we couldn't see a thing I had no idea who from. More of the calmer people just started talking about it.

"I'm guessing that doesn't happen often?" I put out there and he chuckled wearily, looking around as if something would pop out and attack him. "Something weird has happened every year and you wouldn't believe it." I nodded, upset I didn't start here my first year. I've read about some of the thing that had happened here and that Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived went here. I wasn't as excited to be here this year though what with everything going on.

Out of the corner of my eye once the smoke dissapeared I saw a bag moving on a rack right across from me. I heard someone question what the blond boy beside me was staring at and diverted my line of site, dubbing this whole situation as weird.

I haven't even arrived at Hogwarts yet and already strange shit was happening.

Great.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll put up another chapter later. If there are any spelling or word errors I'm sorry. I'll re-read this later.

Comment?
Please?
For me?
=)