Wouldn't Miss It

Give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh.

Kati folded the maroon blanket and placed it on the arm of her couch, before sitting down and turning the television on. As she flipped through the channels, she came across a startling realization that everything on the TV was about Valentine’s Day.

Kati turned the TV off and sighed before looking at the picture of the ginger and herself on a boat; they were smiling and hugging each other. She smiled and picked the picture up off the end table and smiled at it. The picture made Kati smile every time she looked at it; it brought her back to the day before Rupert, her boyfriend, left to finish shooting his new movie.

The sound of the phone brought Kati out of her thoughts.

“Hello?” Kati smiled into the phone, placing the picture back down on the end table.

It was her mother; she was calling to make sure Kati was alright.

You see, Kati was alone; she had been for a couple months now while her boyfriend was away on set, making another movie. She had grown accustom to sitting alone in their cozy little house, Kati had her cat, Simba, to keep her company when she was really alone.

But on this day, Valentine’s Day, Simba just wasn’t going to cut it, Kati wanted to spend a Valentine’s Day with her Valentine. Sadly, Rupert had made it clear during their nightly phone calls that he wouldn’t be able to make it home, or even make it to a phone for more than a few minutes. It was the only part in his career that made Kati upset, the only thing that made her think again.

It was nearly night fall and Kati was sick of watching the couples on TV, and she was sick of logging onto her Facebook and seeing all the cute status about her friends’ wonderful day. All Kati wanted to do was curl up next to Rupert and fall asleep in his arms.

knock, knock.

Kati got up off the couch, and made her way to the large front door just a few feet from the couch she was sitting on. It was dark out, so she turned the porch light on before opening the door.

“Happy Valentine’s Day, Kati.” Rupert’s British accent rang through Kati’s ears like a church bell. She nearly fell to her knees from happiness.

“R-Rupert…?” Kati tried to run her hand through his arm, thinking he was a ghost.

“Yes…, it’s me.” He smiled, handing her a bouquet of flowers, before, placing a sweet kiss on her lips. “I wouldn’t miss this for the world.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yes.
This is short.
This sucks.
This is the first thing I've written in a long time.
This is for Kati, so as long as she like it, I'm good.