Status: Not as Popular as I hoped, but as long as at least one person likes it, I will continue to post it.

Take These Broken Wings and Learn to Fly

Blackbird

Blaine was glad he stayed at Dalton, holidays, weekends, Hell, he would remain there during the summer had he been allowed. Naturally he would sneak out, but he never went home, he would go somewhere else. Far away from his mother and father who barely acknowledged him, who wouldn't talk to him. Because he was gay.
Being gay was something he was born with, he had it all his life, and he knew it. He experimented with women, but he loved men, he was attracted to men and he could never forget that he was. He tried to fit in, and until people knew he was gay, it worked, and then the teasing began. Ever punch, every name called, he tried to ignored it, tried to have courage, but it never worked. Then he would run away, always run away. He shouldn't have been such a coward, how could he tell Kurt to have courage, when he didn't have it himself. Nothing would work the way he planned. Nothing.
Kurt Hummel was his best friend, another gay boy that was stronger than he thought. He wore what he wanted, and he didn't hide himself, he loved who he was.. and Blaine wanted that. He wanted it more than he himself, knew.
Blaine dragged himself to yet another Warbler Practice, he felt worse than usual that day, and it wasn't a good feeling, alone, utterly alone. He had ideas, yet no one listened, no one cared. They used him for his voice.
An argument arose from what Blaine said about their clothes, wouldn't he know better? He's been there, "I am merely suggesting that instead of wearing blue ties with red typing, we use red ties with blue!" The argument got even louder, older Warblers spitting out what they thought to the unsuspecting Sophomores and Freshmen. It was chaotic until the doors open, and Kurt stood there, out of uniform. His eyes were red and puffy, like he had been crying, his face distraught, "Kurt, what's wrong?" The words came out of his mouth before he realized he had thought of them.
"It's Pavarotti." The voice merely a whisper, the sound choked with tears that weren't finished. The entire Warbler club went silent, waiting in earnest for Kurt's next words. "Parvarotti's dead, I suspect a stroke." His voice was uneven, and distraught, it made Blaine's heart ache to think of the boy in such pain. "My God, I"m so sorry." Another spew of words Blaine said without thinking, he was shocked. The bird had lasted through so much.
"I know it's really stupid to be upset over a bird, but he inspired me, with his optimism and his love of song." He looked as if he were about to begin crying all over again- "He was my friend." His head hung, before he began to speak once more, "Now I know that today we need to practice dancing behind Blaine while he sings every solo in the medley of picked songs, but..." He took a deep breath, "I'd like to sing a song about Parvarotti today."
Blaine was starstruck, did Kurt really think that little of him, as to say something like that. He was almost hurt. Kurt's hand came out with a tape that he handed to Josh, who put it into the player immediately, no one dared refuse. Blaine sat down, still shocked.
Everyone looked down as Kurt began to sing, but Blaine looked up. Kurt had a beautiful voice, he truly did. And this song- Blackbird, by the Beatles, it showed his talents like Blaine never heard before.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise


No one spoke, no one moved, there heads were down and all thinking about the bird. With the exception of Blaine, who couldn't move his eyes from the boy, singing his heart out.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free


With the others, Blaine began to sing along, not the words, only the beat, leaving Kurt the solo, the spotlight.

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night


Singing along with the rest of the group, Blaine still continued to look at Kurt.
Somewhere in the notes between the verses, Blaine looked at Kurt differently, his eyes widened and he knew.

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
You were only waiting for this moment to arise


Blaine began to smile, he knew, in those months that he knew Kurt, that he was in complete love with him. Something about him made Blaine happy, and that was something he didn't receive very often... a chance to be happy.

~

Kurt was in the choir room with various arts and crafts as he put jewels on some sort of box, Blaine moved in slowly, orchestrated steps as he went over in his head everything he was going to say, everything he was going to do.
"What's that?" He smiled at Kurt, a small laugh forming at the edge of his lips.
"I'm decorating Parvoratti's casket." Kurt's voice was breathy and sad, which obliterated Blaine's smiles, and his speech.
"Well, finish up." Blaine tried to keep it light hearted, "I have the perfect song for our number and I think we should practice."
Kurt instantly perked up, "Do tell." Blaine was momentarily stopped by his perfect... everything, but it only lasted a moment as he began to speak, "Candles, by Hey Monday." he smiled again.
"I'm impressed." Kurt said happily, "You're usually so top forty." he stated with a grin.
"Well, I just wanted something a little more emotional." Blaine stated as he moved to sit down on a chair next to Kurt.
Kurt's smile faded and he looked back down to the box he had been decorating, he took a small breath in, his lips opening to speak, "Why did you pick me to sing that song with?" He leaned back, his eyes meeting Blaine's in a curious gaze, Blaine was at a lost for words looking into his eyes.
He opened his mouth, but closed it, forgetting what he had been thinking, "Kurt... there is a moment, when you say to your self, oh, there you are! I've been looking for you forever." as the words came out, he couldn't stop them if he tried, but he wasn't going to. Blaine shifted a little, but not uncomfortably, he moved to take Kurt's hand, his eyes closed as he didn't want to see Kurt's facial expression. "Watching you... do Blackbird this week." He finally found the courage to lift his dark eyes to meet Kurt's light ones. "That was the moment for me, about you." He shook his head a little, seeing Kurt's expression, so full of life, hope, "You move me, Kurt." The words continued to flow. "And this duet would just be an excuse to spend more time with you."
Before he realized what he was doing, before he stopped to think about Kurt's reaction, he got up, and moved closer to Kurt, wasting no time in cupping the boy's cheek, and touching his lips to Kurt's. Kurt's lips were warm as Blaine kissed them, he could feel Kurt breath in deeply before noticing with delight that Kurt kissed him back, Kurt's hand on Blaine's cheek. The kiss grew, but not to a large point, and it was soon- too soon, when they broke apart. Blaine sat back down, his eyes moving away from Kurt.
He never felt that way before, about anyone, and here this boy came and just took his heart, it was a lot at once, but it wasn't a bad thing. Not to Blaine at least. He smiled a little and looked at Kurt, "We should practice."
Kurt gave him a grin, one the melted Blaine's heart, "I thought we were."
It was natural, and Blaine and Kurt's lips met once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is how they start out. I don't own them, I just used these two scenes because I thought they were perfect. The rest of it will follow my ideas, but how their relationship escalated, so you will see scenes from the show, but in one characters point of view. it will switch.