Status: Not as Popular as I hoped, but as long as at least one person likes it, I will continue to post it.

Take These Broken Wings and Learn to Fly

Human

"Where are you taking me Kurt?"

Blaine was blindfolded in the car, his arms crossed over his chest in a very rude pout. Kurt just hummed sweetly as he drove Blaine in his car somewhere. Blaine had no idea where. "Just tell me."

"My lips are sealed." Blaine growled but stayed blindfolded and very bored. "The least you can do is give me a hint." offered Blaine, but he wasn't getting anything out of Kurt. Absolutely nothing.

Blaine felt the car stop, "Are we here?" he perked up.

"No, we are at a red light." stated Kurt bored with Blaine's impatience.

Blaine sighed and put his head on the window, he was about to go to sleep when he heard Kurt park the car, "Are we here now?" his voice rose an octave in amazement and excitement as Kurt replied with a yes.

Blaine heard Kurt get out of the car, and the sound of his feet as they stepped along the hard floor to get to his side of the car, opening it.

Kurt opened the car door, took Blaine's seat belt off of him and took his hand carefully, letting him feel his way out of the car.

Kurt took Blaine's arm steadily, "All right, just... walk."

Blaine stumbled his way, not liking the fact he couldn't see, but having Kurt there made it easier, "Step!" Kurt said suddenly and Blaine put his leg up probably way too high. Kurt laughed and walked with him, "Alright." he said and took the blindfold off. Blaine looked around, he was in front of a door that had nothing on it. "Where are we?" he whined but Kurt just opened the door. "you'll see." he sang.

Blaine groaned as Kurt led him through a set of doors and suddenly he was in front of a bunch of cages, each with a different set of kittens in it.

His breath caught in his throat and he put a hand over his mouth, taking a deep breath. He was beaming and looked at Kurt, "You aren't joking?" he asked. He looked like a boy on Christmas morning, his eyes brimming with tears. "I love you!" he said and hugged Kurt tightly, kissing him on the lips, "I love you, I love you." he said it over and over again, looking at the kittens.

In the cage closest to him, there was a small orange kitten, much smaller than all the others. It was a taby cat, with white stripes in it's fur. It had looked up at Blaine and mewed slightly, standing up and stretching before stumbling over to Blaine. Blaine took a breath and smiled, putting a finger through the bar and the kitten began to lick his finger. "This one." he whispered and Kurt smiled softly. "I'll go get someone to let you hold him. Happy Late Birthday." said Kurt and moved to kiss Blaine on the lips. Blaine wrapped his arms around Kurt's neck and pulled him down to him. The kitten sneezing as it happened and Blaine just beamed. "Hi there Crookshanks." murmured Blaine going back to the kitten, positively in love with the thing. "I'm your daddy, yes I am, and him." he pointed to Kurt leaving, "He's your daddy too." he said softly.

Kurt came back seconds later with a man who opened the cage, and pulled out the kitten.

Blaine smiled and held the kitten close. "When can we take her home?" he asked looking at the man, the man chuckled, "We have to fill out some papers and I'm sure you need to buy him some things, I would say a few days at the latest though, he's already had his shots." Kurt clapped his hands together, "Perfect, we'll give Blaine some time with her and let's go figure out some payment." he informed and the man and him walked away. Blaine pet the kitten softly and went over to a chair to sit with the kitten, who curled up on his leg and went to sleep.

Blaine was happy, for the first time in a while, he was just, gleeful. It was a good feeling. He hummed to the kitten and pet her with his finger, "You're just a precious little Crookshanks aren't you." he whispered to the kitten. "Your other daddy will probably give you a name like Adele or something, but you will always be Crookshanks to this daddy." he whispered and kissed the kitten's head. Crookshanks sneezed and looked up at Blaine irritated.

Blaine smiled as Kurt walked back in, "We should get to the pet store and get him some stuff." he stated.

Blaine looked at Crookshanks and sighed a bit, "Do I have to put her down?" he asked pitifully. Kurt smiled, "She will be yours in a few days. We can't take her home with no food, no bed nothing." he pointed out. Blaine sighed and took out his phone, taking a picture of the kitten, before giving her to the man to take care of her.

Blaine grabbed Kurt's hand and walked out with him, "You are, by far the best boyfriend ever to walk on the face of this world." he told him, bringing him into a kiss. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." Kurt smiled, kissing him back before getting into the car. "We have a cat to buy for." he grinned.

Blaine pulled out his credit card. "Way ahead of you."
~
Blaine looked around their dorm, the past two days had been spent rearranging furniture and making their form a kingdom for their new kitten. Because they were at Dalton and the space was limited, they couldn't get too much, but Blaine had big plans for New York, "She will be the most loved Kitty in the entire world!" Swooned Blaine dreamily, once again pulling a picture of his new kitten up on his phone, he smiled broadly at it. "And she is coming home today!" he had been so excited he nearly forgot that the trial was a mere week away and he needed to be preparing his speech, Kurt promised to help him, but Blaine wasn't sure if he wanted for Kurt to yet. He loved Kurt, and he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him, why was he so afraid to be vulnerable?

"Kurtsie." he sang beautifully as Kurt walked in, salad in hand, "When is she coming?" he sprawled across the bed in a diagonal form and pouted, "When can we see her?"

"I'm waiting for the call, Blaine, be patient." said Kurt breathily, setting the half-finished salad down on the table and pulling Blaine in for a kiss. Blaine was positively beaming, his arms wrapping around Kurt's waist as Kurt's arms wrapped around Blaine's shoulders. "God, I love you."

Kurt smirked softly, "I don't know about God, but I do love you." he said and brought Blaine in for another kiss. Blaine had said those three words at least six times in the last thirty minutes.

"I love you, I love you, I love you." Seven, Eight, Nine. "And we are graduating in a month and I love you, and you are beautiful." sang Blaine happily. Ten.

Kurt received a phone call, and Blaine perked up, but Kurt just shook his head, "Rachel." he informed.

He turned on the speaker and pressed talk, "Kurt Elton Hummel and Blaine whatever your middle name is Warbler!" her voice rang through the speakers high and gross sounding.

"Everett is my middle name." said Blaine softly, "And my last name is Anderson, Rachel." he told the girl for the millionth time, but Kurt just leaned over to give him a very loud kiss.

"Stop snogging and listen to me!"

Blaine chuckled, and waited, "Just spit it out." he said encouragingly.

"We want you to join New Dir-"

"no." It wasn't Kurt who spoke, it was Blaine, who had crossed his arms. "Absolutely not, Rachel." he continued, "I wasn't joking when I said that the zero-tolerance on bullying here is good for us, we are free to be who we are. At McKinley, Kurt was bullied for being who he was, for standing up for what he believed in. I got bullied at my old school for being who I was, there is no way I'm going to let Kurt go back there. My line has been drawn Rachel Berry, do not cross it." The way his voice had gone serious, how his eyes burned, Kurt wrapped his arms around him and pulled him close. This was clearly nonnegotiable with Blaine, he was completely devoted to not letting Kurt go back, and Kurt found that endearing. Blaine didn't want him to get hurt. He loved the way that Blaine's arms folded around him protectively even though it was Blaine who sometimes needed the protection.

He could almost hear Rachel's scowl, "I agree with Blaine, Rachel. We are happier here." he informed softly.

The phone beeped and Blaine looked to see the man that had sold them Crookshanks was calling, "We have to go." he said quickly, his excitement building once more. Kurt smiled and answered the phone, it was a few minutes before he nodded, "Alright, love, we can go get Adel-"

"Crookshanks." said Blaine quickly cutting him off before he could call her Adele. That was not her name.

"But Blaine, that is such a silly name!" cried Kurt but Blaine just waved him off, "Her name is Crookshanks, end of story." he stated. Blaine, however, was too excited to be worried over her name being wrong. "Let's go! Let's go!" Once more he was acting like a three year old in a candy shop. Kurt slowly got up and yawned a bit, taking the bowl to the kitchen. "Kurt!" cried Blaine, "let's go." he pulled Kurt out of the kitchen and dragged him out the door. Kurt had insisted on driving so Blaine needed him, to go with him.

"I'm taking my time, Blaine Everett Anderson." said Kurt cheerfully and Blaine gave him the best impression of an abused puppy he could manage. Kurt just grinned.

"We can call Burt and Carol," began Blaine, "And tell them that we are staying, and we will miss the Friday dinner so we can stay with Crookshanks."

"No." stated Kurt, "We will go for the Friday dinner and just come back. I'll never miss one. Ever." he informed, "It was a ritual that my mom, dad and I had, and when Dad and I got in a fight over it once, he almost died. We are doing the Friday dinner."

Blaine nodded, "Fine, but we are coming right back." he said and pulled Kurt in for a kiss, "I love you." he whispered again.

"I can spend all the time in the world snuggling with Crookshanks and making Crookshanks fat and I'll have a snuggle buddy when you aren't around and.." he just beamed.

"Don't tell me a cat is going to steal all of your snuggles away from me!" Complained Kurt, "What have I done?"he said dramatically.

"Just drive us there."