Status: Not as Popular as I hoped, but as long as at least one person likes it, I will continue to post it.

Take These Broken Wings and Learn to Fly

Through My Broken Eyes

"Are you done yet?" Blaine's voice rang from the other side of the dressing room, Kurt was trying on clothing after clothing, matching and perfecting. Blaine was tired, shopping for more than a few minutes was tiring and tedious, he hated it. The only reason he was there to begin with was because his boyfriend was there, and Blaine enjoyed being with his boyfriend. Regardless of how much Kurt may wear him out.
"How do you call yourself gay?" replied Kurt's outraged voice, "This is fun for gay guys!" he insisted. Blaine muttered something under his breath and sat down on a stool, shopping, for three hours, it was just too much for him.
Blaine leaned back, he loved his boyfriend, and he loved going out with Kurt, even if it was shopping, but that limit was exceeded after forty-five minutes of the dreadful stuff, three hours in he was hurting everywhere.
"Blaine!" called Kurt happily, his voice has risen an octave, "I'm done! Now we can go, I have a surprise for you!" he sang, running out of the room and taking Blaine's hand. "No more surprises!" Blaine groaned. Sex would be nice, is that the surprise? That would be nice. His subconscious liked to think about that, Blaine mentally slapped himself and followed his eccentric boyfriend through the people and clothes that had passed before. They walked, and Blaine looked at his phone, it was a quarter after six, everyone who was at work was off by then, so Blaine wondered what Kurt's surprise was. Maybe a night out at Breadstix, or a heated make-out session in the back of the van.
Blaine has had sex before, but only a few times, and not to someone he truly cared about, like Kurt. However, he was pretty sure his boyfriend had never had sex, and the thought made him smile, to know that Kurt was never with another boy that way. He was completely Blaine's.
Kurt put all of the stuff on the counter and Blaine pulled out his wallet.
"No! You can't pay for any of this!" Kurt replied looking at his boyfriend, his giant blue eyes piercing into Blaine's heart, "Some of it's mine." he responded with a smile, there was no one else he would rather spend money on. He handed a credit card to the clerk, "A cardigan!" replied Kurt looking at Blaine with a pout.
"What is the surprise?" teased Blaine taking the bags and handing a few to Kurt. Kurt grinned, his sparkling eyes glistening with excitement. "You'll see." he teased and took Blaine's hand again, leading him towards the car, almost skipping in his journey. "It's cold outside!" Complained Blaine as they went to the car, Kurt grinned, he walked closer to Blaine, and Blaine's eyes trailed from Kurt's eyes to his lips with a grin. He set the clothes in the car and put his hands on Kurt's waist. "I really can't stay." sang Kurt with a small, but sexy, sneer in his voice.
"But Baby it's cold outside." He couldn't help it, he had to sing back, Kurt was too irresistible. It wasn't hard to figure out they were in love, and loved to sing, because at any random moment they would burst into song. Blaine kissed Kurt's cheek, but they soon had to break away as people passed. Blaine smiled a bit at Kurt, "I take it your driving?" He teased in a low voice. Kurt looked appalled, "I will never let your drive my baby!" he said, putting his hand in Blaine's pocket, searching for his keys.
Blaine chuckled as Kurt finally found the keys and got in the car. Blaine smiled and put the bags in his boyfriend's car, before going around and sitting in the passenger side.
Kurt turned on the radio and began to sing to the Lady Gaga song that was playing loudly.
Blaine groaned, "Gaga, again?"
Kurt nearly slammed the breaks at the yellow-light, causing them both to lurch forward a bit, "What did you say about Lady Gaga?!" Kurt screeched, "She is just odd, I don't like her."
Kurt just stared at him blankly, "You like football, and you hate Lady Gaga. Are you positive you're gay!?" he snapped at his boyfriend. Blaine looked at the light, it wasn't changing soon, so he moved over and kissed Kurt on the lips, it was a nice, lingering kiss, "Yes, I'm positive I'm gay." he assured his boyfriend. Someone next to them honked, and Blaine smiled a bit and leaned back into his own seat.
He loved Kurt with everything he had, Kurt meant the world to him, and he was still excited about the surprise... merely because Kurt was. "You are a horrible gay guy." said Kurt with a grumpy expression.
"Did I mention I find The Sound of Music atrocious and boring?" teased Blaine, yet being serious.
"What?!" Kurt looked over at him as the light turned green, he soon had to focus on the road, "you are the most misinformed gay man I have ever met. How do I love you?"
Blaine shrugged and took Kurt's hand, "The same way I chose to follow you around the mall for hours." he teased.
Kurt pulled into his driveway, and Blaine's heart almost stopped. "What are we doing here?" Both Kurt's dad's car, and his step-mom's car were in the driveway, "Please don't-"
"You're meeting my parents."
Blaine's eyes widened, the idea of meeting his boyfriend's parents terrified him, "What if they don't like me?" he asked and began to just spit out words, "What if I say the wrong thing? What if I'm too short? What if they think you're too good for-"
Kurt's laughed stopped Blaine dead in his tracks, "You are definitely gay, Blaine Anderson." teased Kurt, kissing him on the lips.
Blaine gave him an odd look, but Kurt just smiled, taking his hand and leading him up the stairs. Kurt's small hand in Blaine's made him feel a little better, it calmed his heart, but only by a little bit.
"I am hiding all of your moisturizer and hair supplies for this." Said Blaine viciously.
Kurt shrugged, "I have backup." he informed.
Blaine looked at his boyfriend with a fearful expression, "Please don't make me." he whispered his eyes widening and Kurt grinned, mouthing, "I love you."
Blaine looked at the door as if it were about to eat him, he didn't feel so good all of a sudden.
"Kurt do I have to?" he whispered again as Kurt grasped his hand, leading him up the steps, Stairway to Heaven, or stairway to Hell.
You make me, feel like I'm living a, teenage dream.
Katy Perry's voice ran through his head as he walked up to Kurt's home.
The way you turn me on.
Kurt opened his door, "Dad? Finn? Carol?" he called out through the halls. Blaine dreaded how he must have looked, he must have looked like Hell, waiting for Kurt's family to meet him.
Did this mean Kurt wanted to meet Blaine's family? No, that wouldn't be good, not good at all. Not good.
Blaine tapped his hand on his leg to the tune of Teenage Dream. Kurt noticed and took Blaine's hand in his own.
Apparently Kurt only came out to his dad the year before, Blaine had told his parents he was gay at 14 years old, it wasn't pleasant.
Kurt's father, Burt, came pounding down the stairs, "What do you want Kurt?" he grumbled, his voice low and serious.
Burt Hummel wasn't very tall, but he was bald, and frightening. His eyes soon moved to his son, and then to Blaine, standing with his hand in Kurt's. Deciding that holding Kurt's hand wouldn't be a very wise thing to do, he took his hand away, and put it behind his back. "What do you want sweetie?" called Carol as she came down the stairs soon after her petrified husband. Carol seemed much nicer, she had short hair and kind eyes, Kurt smiled at the two. "Finn!" he called.
"Whadoyawant." Came Finn's slurred and tired voice, he must have been sleeping. "Get your lazy butt down here!" Kurt was beaming, which made Blaine feel only a little better. Finn walked down, his hair looking like rats had made it their home. Burt was obviously confused, and Blaine smiled awkwardly. He truly cared about Kurt, and didn't want anything to get in the way between them. This was just what had to happen.
"Dad, Carol, this is Blaine. Finn, you should know him from regionals." he said offhandedly and smiled.
Carol smiled brightly, "Hi Blaine, it's a pleasure to meet you." she said kindly, Burt remained silent, and Finn did something between a "'sup" and a yawn.
Kurt smiled widely, "He is also my boyfriend."
That seemed to wake Fin up, so much he spluttered and his eyes widened. "I knew you were gay dude, I just never thought you'd find a guy!" he said. Carol looked at him disapprovingly to Finn, "That was rude." she said, in an almost growl. Sometimes it seemed that Finn was almost oblivious to everything around him. Did he honestly think that Kurt wouldn't meet someone. In Blaine's eyes Kurt was perfection, he was beautiful, and kind, and selfless. Blaine truly loved him.
Burt remained silent, Blaine smiled awkwardly, "Hello, sir, ma'am." he nodded to each of them, trying to be as kind and polite as he could. "Nice to see you again, Fin." he added. Carol smiled, "Ignore the boys," she said as she hugged Blaine, "Welcome to the family."
"Just don't hurt my boy." said Burt gruffly, "Football is on." he muttered.
"I will never hurt, Kurt." said Blaine with a nod. "Who's playing?" he asked, his interest peaking before he realized it. He loved Football, probably the biggest difference between his boyfriend and him.
"The Buckeyes." replied Burt with a shrug. Blaine completely sparked up, "I love the Buckeyes!" he stated, "Who are they playing against?"
_______________________________________________________________________

As Burt and Blaine went off to watch Football, and Finn went back to bed, Carol smiled at Kurt. "he seems nice." she stated with a calm look.
"He is, he is the perfect gentleman." said Kurt rather dreamily.
"You seem to adore him." she said and gave Kurt a hug.
"I do, I really do." said Kurt with a wide smile, hugging his step-mom back. "But he doesn't like Lady Gaga, how will I live?" his tone was at a light, and teasing mode, and Carol and him soon joined the boys watching football.
Kurt pulled out the Marion Cotillard Vogue edition and Blaine grinned, "My favorite Vogue, and my favorite football team is winning." he laughed, "I think I'll like this family."
Burt grunted, but he seemed to be warming up to him, and Carol laughed, "Wait until you eat Kurt's cooking." she said and laughed.
_______________________________________________________________________

Blaine and Kurt soon found themselves back at the Lima Bean, where Blaine's car was, "I'll see you tomorrow at school." said Kurt leaning down to kiss his boyfriend. Blaine smiled a bit, "I'll miss you." he teased and gave Kurt a hug, "I like your family." he said.
He hoped with everything he had that Kurt wouldn't want to meet his parents, who were never very accepting. His dad and him worked on a car once, his dad merely wanted to make him straight and it hurt. Blaine pulled Kurt closer by his shirt, "Don't wrinkle this shirt." groaned Kurt, "This is Marc Jacobs new collection." he whined as Blaine chuckled, "I love you." he teased and kissed Kurt quickly, "I better get home soon."

After Kurt and Blaine kissed a few more times, Blaine got into his car, and waving Goodbye to Kurt, he had to make his way home.

Blaine walked up the steps to his house, not his home, Dalton was his home, but the house was large, there was no doubt about that. The only way to describe the house was large, and elegant, two words that Blaine hated. Being rich sucked, he would rather be like Kurt, middle class, because his parents were against him being gay to the point that they have sent him to churches for weeks, to "set him right". he couldn't help who he was.
"Blaine!"
Blaine looked up to see his father as he walked down the stairs, a bottle in his hand. "faggot!" he continued, Blaine turned away from his father and began to walk up the stairs.
"Heyou." the voice was slurred, and reeked of alcohol, "come back here, faggot. I want to talk to you." Blaine continued to walk up.
Just ignore him, just ignore him.
But even though he was drunk, Blaine's father was large, and rude, and.. everything a gay kid needed his father to /not/ be.
Blaine felt himself being pulled back by his hair. "Let me go!" he shouted and tried to knock his father off of him, but it didn't help. He felt himself being pushed against the wall, and a punch landing on his cheek. "Get the Hell off of me!" he shouted, pushing against the older man, but it helped little.
"Not so brave now, are you faggot?" his father hissed, pushing his son, his own son down the stairs. Blaine struggled against the decline he was falling, and managed to land with only minor scrapes and bruises. Blaine ran up the other stairwell, and straight to his room, locking the door.

While the confrontation happened, Blaine had little time to assess over his pain, or his fear. But as soon as he sat down it all rushed to him. Tears fell down his cheeks and he couldn't breath. His body was pushing in on him, fighting against him.
Those were the times when he wished he wasn't gay, when he wished he was normal. But of course, it wasn't something that was optional. He didn't /chose/ to be gay, it just happened.