Status: Not as Popular as I hoped, but as long as at least one person likes it, I will continue to post it.

Take These Broken Wings and Learn to Fly

Where do we go from here?

Blaine was laying at Kurt's side, watching Wicked with his boyfriend, they had made a bed out of, of course the mattress, but all of the pillows and blankets in the house, Kurt's parents were out, and Finn was at Rachel's... again. Blaine popped a piece of popcorn into his mouth and hummed along to the music as the play went on. It was Blaine's birthday, so Blaine spent the day with Kurt, far away from any proximity close to his family. Kurt shifted his position so his head was on Blaine's chest, that day was the first day that Blaine was allowed to play with Kurt's hair, so he took well advantage of that opportunity and his fingers were to his boyfriend's lovely hair in seconds. Kurt looked up into Blaine's eyes, the lovely eyes staring up at Blaine, made him want to melt, to sing, to do anything. Blaine smiled and leaned down, pressing his lips to Kurt's. There was no passion in this kiss, just simple, just love. There was chemistry, that spark that tip-toed from the point where their lips touched, to the tips of Blaine's hair. But not passion, it wasn't an overabundant kiss, it was nice, being with Kurt was nice. "I love you." Whispered Blaine, down to his boyfriend and Kurt smiled, "I love you too, babe." he whispered back, burying his face in Blaine's sweater.
The movie ended and Blaine turned the TV off, setting the barely touched popcorn on the wall, and shifted to wrap his arms around Kurt, kissing Kurt's head. Kurt smiled up at him, and Blaine chuckled.
"Happy Birthday to you." Sang Kurt almost sleepily, Blaine was eighteen years old, he could finally cash out his money, put it in a separate bank, get a job, and live in an apartment in Lima, close to Kurt. Until they graduated and Kurt and Blaine could get an apartment together, in New York like they both, always dreamed. Kurt looked up at Blaine with his large eyes once more, "December 3rd is my new favorite day." he teased and Blaine smiled, "I love you too, baby." he whispered and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend even tighter, it was true. He didn't love anyone else quite like he loved Kurt Hummel. Kurt's hand lightly traced across Blaine's arm, but stopped. Blaine closed his eyes and laid against the pillows. "Blaine? What happened?"
"Whadoyamean?" mumbled Blaine into the pillow.
"Sit up." The taller boy commanded almost instantly.
"Wha-" Blaine felt himself being helped up, he was tired though, he wanted to go to sleep in his boyfriend's arms. Kurt got his phone out and turned the flash on, pointing to a purple bruise peaking out on Blaine's arm, that apparently formed a lump. "Oh, that was just- I fell." Blaine shrugged it off.
"Take off your shirt." said Kurt in a very soft voice, Blaine sighed, but took off his sweater and let Kurt examine his chest. "Blaine?" Kurt asked softly.
"Hm?"
"Who hit you?"
Blaine shrugged and laid back down on his bed, "It's not a big deal, honey, let's just go to sleep." he muttered and tried to lay back down, but Kurt continued to sit up, turning his phone's light off. "Please, just lay down with me." said Blaine, taking Kurt's hand.
"I want to know who hurt you, this is a big deal." As Kurt got more stressed out, his voice got higher and Blaine sat back up. He looked at Kurt in the eyes, taking his boyfriend's soft face in his hands, "Please." Blaine kissed Kurt on the lips once, "Please, let's just lay down, and cuddle some." he whispered, kissing Kurt again, this time it was a more prolonged kiss, that Kurt regretfully returned. "I love you, Blaine." he muttered into the kiss, and Blaine smiled a bit, "I know, I love you too."
Blaine put his sweater back over his head and he and Kurt laid back down on the bed, the bed seeming very soft to them. Blaine kissed Kurt again, his hand gripping Kurt's in his own.
"Marry me, Kurt."

_______________________________________________________________________

"Before you reply, think about it. I have enough money, I can take care of you, we can go to New York together, and you will always be mine." Kurt's boyfriend pleaded his case, a case that didn't need to be pleaded. Would Kurt say yes? Of course, but not at that moment, not right then when he was so worried about his boyfriend.
Kurt snuggled closer to Blaine, "Can I have some time to think about this?" Kurt asked softly, "It isn't a no, it's a most-likely yes." replied Kurt quickly, seeing the look on his boyfriend's face. "But before I say yes, I want to talk about some things, and get everything figured out. Then I will marry you, but we need to talk about some things and get things completely figured out." said Kurt, lacing his fingers with Blaine's, and coming closer. "Because I do love you." he added with a smile.
He could feel Blaine's lips against his, and Kurt smiled, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's neck, pulling himself closer to Blaine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kurt woke up the next morning, to the feel of stiff paper and the smell of Blaine, but when he turned, Blaine wasn't there. Kurt picked up the paper, squinting at it as his vision came to focus, "Had to take off early, Dad called me home. I love you- Blaine A."
Kurt yawned, and stretched his arms, "Love you too." he whispered to the note, putting the note in a drawer that he only had to stretch to reach to. Closing his eyes he wanted to go to sleep, but he couldn't, he was already awake.
Kurt got up out of bed, it was a Monday morning, around five, he had planned to just skip school, but that didn't happen, so he began to get ready. His persistent morning routine began with picking out the perfect outfit, taking a shower, putting on moisturizer, doing his hair and then getting dressed, eating, and leaving. He couldn't skip a single step, but he could rush through them. He worked fast so that he could leave, but Carol stopped him, "Blaine left a note, he said you would probably not eat much," she passed him a plate of three pancakes, "Eat up." she said with a motherly grin.
Kurt grimaced, "But I'm not hungry." he muttered, compliant however, in the end, as he stuck a fork into the pancake and ate it uncomplaining. He left fifteen minutes later, it was 6:15, he was going to pick Blaine up at his house and then they could both go to school. The fifteen minute drive seemed longer than usual as Kurt drove to his boyfriend's house. The only thing needed was simple yes, and Kurt and Blaine could be getting married, they could have their happily ever after, and it only took Kurt's word. That was a big step for him though, marriage wasn't something the Hummel's took lightly, marriage meant sex, and even though most of the Glee kids had sex before, Kurt hasn't, he was waiting for the perfect man. That perfect man was Blaine, would always be Blaine.

As he arrived on his boyfriend's drive, there was something different about the house, his parent's cars were gone, they were never gone before seven a.m. when they went to work. The Porsche and the Honda. His mother drove the Honda, choosing something beautiful, but also affordable and easy. His father was the one with the money after all.
Kurt remembered when he had begged Blaine to meet his parents, he wanted to know who Blaine was related to, and it turns out, it wasn't a pleasant life for Blaine, which was why Kurt found a ton of excuses for Blaine to come over, to see him, and to get him out of his house.
........................................................................*..................................................................................
"Dad? Mom?" Blaine had called, Kurt walking in behind him, awestruck at the glory of the house before him, it was large, and decorated beautifully with all sort of paintings, and ornate carvings. It was the most expensive thing Kurt set foot in, by far. "I knew you had money, but I didn't know you had this much." said Kurt, almost hiding behind Blaine. A man came down the stairs, large, and intimidating. The size of Kurt's dad at least, with a full head of hair, and a serious looking face. "What do you want you worthle-" he stopped as he found the taller boy, standing behind his son. "Who is this?" he shouted. "We turn our back on you for one minute and you go around, picking up men off the street?" he snapped.
"Father! Kurt is not off the streets, I've known him for a little under a year now, he is my boyfriend." he hissed.
Blaine's mother walked up, she had a serious face, blonde hair, and very short, she looked like she was smelling something sour as she walked in. "The stench of my gay son." he said. At first glance she reminded Kurt of what he imagined Narcissa Malfoy to look and act like.
"I would have thought you two would act like adults and behave normally!" Shouted Blaine, Kurt could see his anger rising to the two adults, "Instead you act selfish, and childish like you always do!" he said again. "Come on, Kurt, we are leaving. I shouldn't have brought you here." he muttered. Kurt, who had been standing behind Blaine as the argument arose, followed his boyfriend willingly out the doors and to the sidewalk.
"I'm sorry about that Kurt." he said slowly, and gave Kurt's forehead a kiss.
Kurt pouted, and Blaine looked down, "What?"
"You missed my lips."
...........................................................................*..........................................................................................

Kurt got out of his car, and walked towards the door, he expected it to be locked, but instead it was cracked open. All of his experience watching scary movies screamed, Kurt! Put some sense into yourself! It's the giant, creepy house, that the guys always go into, and run out screaming because some sort of weird mythological creature jumps out at them!
Kurt ignored the semi-conscious thoughts that swirled around in his mind as he pushed open the door. "Mr. and Mrs. Anderson?" he called out slowly, "Blaine?"
The fact that there was no answer frightened Kurt than any zombie trying to eat his brains. Blaine had once shown Kurt where his room was, when they were alone in the house, before Kurt met dear old Mom and Dad, so Kurt made his way up the stairs slowly. The well-made stairs didn't creak or moan as Kurt's feet made their way up them, they stood their own.
"Blaine? Where are you? Your car is here!" He said, his worry (and his voice), rising with each step. As he finally reached the top of the never ending staircase, he made a few turns, to fins Blaine's room. He knocked on the deep mahogany wood, to find, yet again, no answer.
"Blaine?" His voice turned to a whisper as he opened the door and walked inside.

The next scene happened quickly. Kurt let out a scream, one that would have woken the neighbors, Hell, even the police station. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, with his own eyes, it wouldn't have been believable for a very long time, he was in more or less shock at the scene. The image which lay before him was brutal, and very disturbing, especially to Kurt.
Blaine, his boyfriend, the person he /loved/, was laying unconscious on his bed, there was blood around the room. Kurt could picture the scene without wanting to, the beating began at Blaine's desk it seemed, there was some blood on the papers, and it seemed it started with a sharp blow to Blaine. As there wasn't much, but it was there, and then apparently Blaine was dragged to the bed, and raped on the scene. Blood smeared the walls, and on the bed, it was everywhere. Kurt wasn't nauseous at the sight of blood, even an amount of terrifying as this, so he ran to Blaine. His feet reacting before his brain could comprehend what happened. "Blaine!" he shouted, his fingers shaking as they lay against his neck, feeling the light, very slow pulse his boyfriend had. Kurt was shaking all over, his hands held Blaine's face protectively, not letting him go.
Blaine's face had multiple lacerations on them, and bruises as well, his arm was bent in a way that shouldn't have been possible, and blood was leaking from Blaine's mouth and nose. He was naked spare a pair of pants, which seemed unblemished, so they must had been put on him after the act.
Kurt pulled out his phone, his hands shaking, he dialed 911.
"911 emergency, what is your emergency?"
"I n-n-need an amb-b-b-bulance t-t-to 3456, Mulberry Avenue, Lima Ohio..." the address came out gargled, but it could be made out. Kurt was hyperventilating, hsi voice shaking and hard to hear.
"What happened, ma'am?"
Kurt ignored the ma'am part, his voice was so high it would have easily been mistaken, "My boyfriend- oh my god, Blaine." he began to sob, "I came to pick him up for school, and he was in his room... there's so much blood!"
"An ambulance is on their way, is he alive?"
"Y-y-yes." He stuttered, "Barely. He's badly h-h-h-hurt. Someone raped him!" He cried.
Kurt wrapped his arms around Blaine's body, keeping the mangled boy close, carefully, he wouldn't let Blaine go, for anything. This was Blaine, this was the person everyone loved, no one hated Blaine, because he was so easy to fall in love with.
It seemed like hours, Kurt cradled Blaine's head in his arms, sobs coming out his mouth.
It wasn't long in reality, before he heard the sirens coming towards the house. They came through the house, "Help him!" Kurt screamed as loud as he could, and the police came in to see the boy cradling the other boy's head in his arms. "Please, please God help him."

The officer saw the male, holding the victim, but could have sworn that the operator said that the caller was a female, however, as soon as they heard his voice, they knew who she was talking to. "His p-pulse is w-weak." He struggled to keep his voice strong. "Please, get him on an ambulance."
The police officer nodded, and soon enough, Blaine was put on oxygen, and on a stretcher. Kurt held Blaine's hand, but the officer soon pulled him away. "How did you find the scene? What happened?"
Kurt took a deep breath, "I-I came to g-g-give him a r-ride to school, he had b-b-b-been having some car troubles, we were going to take his car to my D-d-d-dad's shop s-soon, but never got around to it, and I worried so I decided me driving him would be safest. S-s-so I came t-t-to pick him up, and the door was open. His parents would normally be there but they were gone, both of them, so I called his name, and he didn't answer, so I went to his r-room, he is a very h-h-heavy sleeper, and t-t-then I s-s-saw him like t-t-t-t-t-t-this." Kurt began to sob violently, the blood stained hands went to his face as he cried.

"Are you a family member?" The police officer asked him, "I'm his f-f-fiancee." Kurt began to sob even louder.
"I just want to see him."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, bet you hate me now.