Status: Not as Popular as I hoped, but as long as at least one person likes it, I will continue to post it.

Take These Broken Wings and Learn to Fly

Another day in paradise

“Have I told you I loved you yet?”
“About seven times since I got you in the car!”
“Emphasis on got me.” Blaine looked distastefully at his leg and then turned to his fiance, taking Kurt's hand in his own. His hands which use to be tan were rather pale at that time, but still overlapped Kurt's small hands, even though the taller boy was, as stated, taller, he still had rather small hands. Blaine had his cast taken off recently, and though it was off, his leg still hurt, a lot.
It has been three weeks since Blaine was attacked, and he was finally allowed to go to Kurt's house, he had pressed charges against his father. Considering his mother and father ran, they informed him that he would not likely have to testify as all the evidence points to them. He was advised on giving a statement, but he refused, he didn't want to relive the experience, he hadn't even told Kurt about it, and he was going to tell a bunch of strangers who didn't care? Unlikely.
“Dad set up a spare room for you, I can get your stuff and we can live together.”
Blaine smiled and took Kurt's hand in his own, his eyes tracing over Kurt's lips and his mouth parted slightly. Kurt laughed, “that is a very undapper expression you have on, Blaine.” Kurt commented laughing, and Blaine looked forward. How undapper would making out with him right now be? Blaine asked himself smugly, but he knew the cast on his arm would make sex very hard, and he wasn't going to have sex with Kurt injured.
“'ve never been undapper in my life.” muttered Blaine with a smirk.
Kurt smirked and looked over at his boyfriend, “Never undapper? I beg to differ.” he teased and started the car, “So I have all of your medication, they said it was pretty strong so you would be loopy, and not regard anything you say or do.” he teased. Blaine chuckled and leaned over to kiss Kurt, “regard this?” he whispered into Kurt's lips.
Kurt laughed, “And you say you are never undapper.” he teased.
Blaine shrugged, “What's undapper about showing the man I love how much I love him.” he said honestly, looking at Kurt.
“nothing dear.” said Kurt with a huge grin on his face.
Kurt's phone rang and Blaine went to pick it up even though Kurt reached for it, “Hello, Kurt's boyfriend speaking.” he said cheerfully.
“Blaine!” Mercedes very loud voice rang through the ear-piece and Blaine put the phone on speakers, “Hey Mer.” said Kurt with a grin.
“Am I on speaker?”
“Yes.” Both Kurt and Blaine spoke at the same time, and Mercedes laughed, “I think you have spent too much time together.” teased the girl, and Blaine chuckled as Kurt replied, “Never!” in an almost outraged voice. “I can never spend too much time with Blaine, even if he is acting high all the time.”
They could hear Mercedes laugh, and Blaine put his head on Kurt's shoulder, “I love you.” he said in a far away tone.
Mercedes laughed, “How much medication is the poor boy on?” she teased and Kurt grinned, “A lot.”
“Mercedes.” said Blaine, “Mercedes.”
“What, Blaine?”
“I want a kitten. Kurt will you get me a kitten? I really want a kitten. Please?”
It seemed the most of Blaine's medication was taking effect, Kurt was told it would make him act different, but Blaine with his fast words and puppy dog eyes just acted like a four year old. If only Kurt knew him at that point.
Kurt grinned, “I will later, Blaine.”
Mercedes laughed, “You have your work cut out for you.”
“Merceeeddeeeesss. Kurt and I have some bi-”
Kurt's hand slapped over Blaine's mouth before he said anything.
“What?”
Kurt began thinking of ways to cover up Blaine's outburst. “Blaine is on drugs, he was going to tell you he's staying at my house, but you already know that.”
“baby, you're lying.”
“heshnutyoooorbaby. Heshmiiiiinneeeee.” Kurt grinned as Blaine struggled to talk through Kurt's hands, “He said I'm his and you can't have me.” he teased to his friend. “I'm driving, so we'll let you go. Talk later.” he said quickly, and turned off the phone.
“You can't say anything about the engagement until you're off drugs and we graduate.” Kurt said, looking at him harshly.
“Okayyyyy love.” Blaine said and laughed, leaning his head back.
Kurt knew to enjoy this as it was, Blaine would soon be in a lot of pain, and Kurt had to be strong, to understand that the things Blaine said wouldn't be because of his feelings, but because the medication drowned his judgment. He also knew that wouldn't make it hurt less.
“I want a kitten.” muttered Blaine as his eyelids drooped minutes later, his head on the window, “They're cute.” he mused, a yawn forming at his lips as he slowly drifted to sleep. Kurt smiled and just drove to his house, he loved Blaine, he truly did.
.
.
.
Blaine woke up on a bed he was unfamiliar with, in a room he didn't know about. However, the man laying down next to him was very familiar, with a down-turned book resting on his chest, his eyes closed. Blaine loved how Kurt's face looked when he slept, stress free, beautiful. Not masked by anything but Kurt, Kurt's hair that sticking up in all sorts of directions was beautiful as well.
The first thing Blaine noticed was Kurt, but when he stopped smiling, he realized everything hurt, especially his chest. Which felt like a forty pound block was sitting on it.
He groaned unconsciously, and Kurt's eyes opened, “Blaine?” he asked, “what's wrong?”
“Nothing.” Blaine muttered, not trying to sound ungrateful, just wanting to let Kurt have less to worry about. Blaine rubbed his face, “Where am I?” he asked slowly.
“You're in the guest bedroom, my room has plenty of room, but Dad and Carole thought it would be /inappropriate/ because you and I are both gay... and dating” he said laughing, “Now I just spend all of my time in here.” he laughed calmly.
Kurt wound his arm through Blaine's and Blaine smiled, “What time is it? Shouldn't you be in school?” Kurt smiled, “It's seven, besides, I would miss all of this fun! Absolutely not!” he said smiling. Kurt smiled at Blaine, “I'd rather fail school than let you wake up without me here.” he admitted calmly.
Blaine smiled, laying his head back down. “Everything hurts.” he admitted, not wanting to hide anything from his fiancee, “What about my parents?” he asked silently after a few moments.
Kurt sighed and shook his head, “They haven't found them yet, Blaine.” he whispered and took Blaine's hand securely, “They will though, Blaine, I know they will.”
“They won't. But that's fine, as long as they are away from me.” he whispered.
“Will you tell me about that night?” Kurt let his hand caress his boyfriend's... fiancee's, face, as Blaine's face turned serious, “Kurt...”
“Please tell me baby, don't hold things back, I can handle it, I believe me. I won't cry, I won't make faces. Just tell me.”
Blaine looked pitiful, hurt, and.. just sad. “Do you promise?”
“Of course I promise, love.” Kurt laid back down next to Blaine and squeezed Blaine's leg, he stayed there, quiet, waiting for his boyfriend, to talk, to tell him everything.

“Father was... drunk,” Blaine began slowly, his fingers tracing over Kurt's stomach, making small circles and figure eights on his fiancee's chest, “He was in my room at my desk and had this pole thing in his hand, like a block off wood, I told him to get out of my room, that he had no business there, but he wouldn't leave. He began hitting me, and I was bleeding and I called for my mom but she didn't answer and he just beat me and beat me and I couldn't breath and...” He had begun to speak very fast as the painful memories came back to him, and Kurt didn't say a word, he wouldn't. He promised to listen and not speak. “And then he raped me.”
It was hard not to comment, not to acknowledge the fact that the man Kurt loved the person he promised to spend the rest of his life with, was raped by his own father. Kurt said nothing still, and just took Blaine's hand in his own, closing his eyes.
“I love you.” whispered Blaine after a few moments, and Kurt smiled painfully, moving closer to Blaine, “I love you too, honey.” His smile wasn't genuine yet, he didn't like the fact that Blaine had been in so much pain for so long. What if Burt wasn't as accepting as he was... he still wouldn't hit Kurt!
Kurt closed his eyes and jut laid with Blaine, but soon enough the door was being knocked on, “Hey, you two?” It was Burt. Kurt opened an eye, “What?” he asked. They couldn't be accused of being inappropriate as they were both clothed, and Kurt was over the covers and Blaine was under them, it wasn't even an option. Burt still didn't seem to like it, “We have dinner made if you are up to it.” he went on to say.
Kurt appreciated that Burt didn't say anything about them being in the same bed together, Kurt was eighteen in another month, and Blaine was already eighteen, so it wouldn't be a problem soon enough.
Kurt turned to Blaine, “Are you hungry? Carol is a pretty good cook.” he said with a grin. Blaine smiled a bit, “Yeah, I'll try to eat something.” he said, probably only because Kurt wanted him to.
“Let me help you.” insisted the older boy with a smile, as he got up and Blaine got the covers off of him.
Blaine looked amazing, Blaine always did, he was wearing a regular gray T-shirt, and a pair of faded jeans, he no longer had a cast on his leg, but he had a cast on his arm still. Even though his leg did hurt, as it had been broken. Kurt walked over to a nightstand and pulled out a couple bottles of pills and put them in his pocket, before walking over to his shorter boyfriend, “Here, let me help you.” He slid his arm around Blaine's waist and helped him up. Blaine seemed to keep his weight off of his left leg which had been broken.
Kurt helped Blaine down the stairs, it took about ten minutes, but it was possible because Kurt wasn't as scrawny as he seemed to be. He had some muscles.
Kurt led his limping boyfriend to the dinner table, where he helped him sit down.
Finn walked up, every step was very noticeable. He trudged along like an elephant, and Blaine blinked a little, “My chest hurts.” he muttered as Kurt kissed his head, “I'll be right back, just going to get you some water.”
“M'kay.” muttered Blaine, leaning back.
Kurt went into the kitchen, and got a glass, filling it very high with water before coming back, setting the glass on the table and bringing out the pills. He had memorized every dosage and every pill before going to sleep the night before. He took out about five pills, and sat down next to Blaine. He pointed to a large blue pill “Alright, this one is a pain medication, they said it was very, very strong, so you get this after diner, and get the lighter dosage first.” He stated, and then pointed to a small red one, “This one is a sleeping pill, you'll get that later as well.” He put the two back into their bottles. “Alright, this one.” He pointed to a slender white pill, “This one is a very low dosage of pain medication, it should numb you, but not as much as the other one. You might still be in a little pain.” he looked at Blaine with a sad smile, “This one,” he pointed to a round orange one, “This one is for your arm, to help with the healing, and finally.” He pointed to a purple one, “This is for your lungs, they said you might have trouble breathing, so this is good for it.”
Blaine nodded, he seemed to take in the information, and Kurt gave him the three pills and the glass of water, letting him take them the way he wanted. Kurt had to take every small pill with a lot of water, just how it was. Blaine put all of them in his mouth and drank some of the water. “That's disgusting.” Blaine muttered as he shook it off and looked at Kurt, “Alright, done.” he said and took a deep breath.
Carol walked in and smiled, “Hey Blaine, looks like you are feeling a little better.” She said and walked over, ruffling his hair. Blaine scrunched up his face as she messed up his already messy hair, and Kurt laughed.
“Dudes, I didn't realize you two were so serious.” said Finn in a surprised voice. Kurt rolled his eyes, of course not Finn. “No, I only stayed at his bedside for two weeks straight getting my homework from Wes because we weren't serious.” Kurt smirked.
Blaine chuckled lightheartedly, “So, are you and Rachel still together?” he asked, looking up at the giant football player. He shrugged, “No, we broke up again last week.” he admitted.
Kurt snickered, “That's what? The seventh time?” he laughed, he still wasn't entirely happy, but it was getting there. Blaine seemed to be having a good time.
Blaine shrugged, “No offense, she was a horrible kisser, even for a girl.” he teased. Kurt laughed and took Blaine's hand under the table, “Glad to know I don't have any competition.”
“No way, I'm definitely gay.”
Kurt laughed with Blaine and Finn just looked clueless, sort of like Mercedes when Blaine and Kurt were talking, but they understood each other, and it was good, they were happy.
Kurt smiled at the shorter boy, and Blaine leaned on Kurt's shoulder with a smile.
“I'll listen to Katy Perry for you, tonight.” Promised Kurt and Blaine sparked up, his head going up, “Really?” he said his eyes widening.
Finn smirked and Blaine shot the death glare, “Katy Perry is awesome, okay?” he said fiercely, Finn shrugged, “Whatever you say.”
Kurt grinned, “How could anyone doubt your gayness?” he asked fondly, “I mean, you wear pink pants for cryin' out loud!” he said.
Blaine shrugged, “I'm very loveable, like a Kitten! Did I mention I wanted one?” he asked looking up at Kurt. Kurt laughed, “A few times.”
“Alright, enough cuddling. Time for food!” Carol's voice rang through the kitchen and Burt grinned, he seemed to like the idea of food.
As everyone got seated, Carol brought out a large homemade pizza, and at looks of it, Burt and Finn were already drooling.
Kurt wiggled his nose at it, pizza not being his favorite thing, and Blaine grinned. Carol smiled, “Don't worry Kurt and Blaine, I preplanned this.” she said and once she set the pizza down, warning Burt and Finn not to touch it, she went back and brought out a giant salad.
Kurt smiled thankfully at her, and Blaine widened his eyes, “No, I want the pizza!” he insisted, but Carol and Kurt shook their heads, “Not happening.” said Kurt, “You just came back from the ICU, I'm not letting you go right back in because you had greasy food and hurt your lungs or something. No. You get to eat the rabbit food with the rest of us.” he informed.
Burt and Finn looked up horrified, “We get the pizza right?” Finn asked receiving worse than the death glare from Blaine. “Yes, you two are fine.”
Burt and Finn proceeded to each grab numerous slices of pizza, Blaine pouted, “The first thing I get to eat as I get back, I would wish upon my worst enemy.” Muttered Blaine and Kurt grinned, fixing him a bowl of salad, and pouring Caesar dressing on it. “just eat it. And like it. She is the best salad maker in the universe.”
Blaine stuck a fork in it and turned away, “Just one bite of pizza?” he begged.
“No!” snapped Carol and Kurt at the same time.
Blaine grumbled something about child abuse and stuck some of the salad into his mouth.
“He's definitely feeling better.” said Kurt cheerfully as he ate some of his own salad.
“I nearly died, and I can't have a pizza! I object!” insisted Blaine.
Kurt chuckled and began humming Katy Perry despite himself. He was glad Blaine was feeling better, he really was.
Blaine bumped Kurt's shoulder with his own, “Hey now, Katy Perry humming if only for me.” he said with a grin.
Kurt grinned, he really wanted to kiss his boyfriend, but knew better. Not in front of the whole family. But there was that big room upstairs where they could kiss all they wanted.
“I think we are both done here.” said Blaine, seeing as he didn't want any more of the rabbit food, and Kurt was finished.
Kurt smiled, he nodded and got up, wrapping his arm around Blaine's waist and helping him up. Blaine was in less pain, so he was more of a help as they trudged up the stairs, it took half the time going up as it did going down, and Kurt, for that, was grateful.
As they finally collapsed on the bed, Kurt leaned over and connected his lips to Blaine's the spark growing as Blaine got comfortable and began to kiss him back.
“It's time for the rest of your pills, Mister.” muttered Kurt into the kiss.
“No, I want to stay up and kiss you.” mused Blaine, his good hand cupping Kurt's cheek, but Kurt chuckled, “No sir, it's time for the pills.”
“But they make me feel weird.”
“oh well.” said Kurt, getting up regrettably, he walked into the bathroom that connected the two rooms and got a glass of water, filling it up, and picking up the two pills, walking back to Blaine with them. “Here you go.” he said, handing the glass and pills to his boyfriend, who sighed and took them. Kurt smiled and kissed Blaine's forehead before turning off the lights, and laying in bed with Blaine until he went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm getting a lot less reaction on here than Fanfiction.net, but that's okay.