Status: Not as Popular as I hoped, but as long as at least one person likes it, I will continue to post it.

Take These Broken Wings and Learn to Fly

I'm Numb Inside

Kurt woke up to a grip on his arm, his eyes opened, but couldn't see, they could only see an outline of Blaine sitting up, as his eyes gained focus, he noticed that Blaine was having trouble breathing. He was having trouble focusing, what time was it? Midnight? Later? He couldn't think this early in the morning.
"Blaine?" he rubbed his eyes and let his elbow support him as he leaned up, "Blaine, take a deep breath." he yawned. It wasn't long however, before Kurt realized the severity of the situation. The fact that Blaine couldn't breath soon registered in his mind and he sat in front of Blaine, "What's wrong?" he asked urgently. Blaine couldn't talk, he couldn't breath, the sight was painful, experiencing it must have been as well.
Kurt's cell phone was in his hand in a matter of seconds, and his shaky fingers were dialing 911 emergency.
Once again the nasally tone of a young woman answered him, "911 emer-"
"My boyfriend can't breath, we need an ambulance now."
"Where are you, ma'am?"
Kurt hissed at the fact he was called ma'am again, but he ignored it, "We are at my house, 933 Parkinson Circle." he recited and waited.
"Dispatch is ready, is he conscious?"
"Yes, he is conscious but can't breath!"
Kurt hung up, and sat in front of Blaine, feeling his heartbeat, which was very rushed, but he couldn't tell if it was irregular. "Baby, please, stay awake." said Kurt, feeling helpless.
"Carol! Dad!" he shouted, "Help!" Tears were streaming down his face. And even though Blaine couldn't breath, Blaine's shaky hand went to Kurt's warm, wet face, and wiped a tear away. "Please, Blaine." whispered Kurt. "I love you." He was close to sobbing now, he himself wouldn't be able to breath soon if he kept it up.
Carol was the first in, she went to Blaine, kneeling down, "Take a deep breath, Blaine." she commanded calmly.
Blaine nodded slowly, trying, but he ended up hyperventilating, his face panicked and scared "Blaine, do you have asthma?" she looked concerned for Kurt's boyfriend.
Blaine nodded once again, Kurt's arms went around Blaine's waist, keeping him up, but also keeping close. "Dad!" he shouted as soon as Burt came in, "What's going on? What's happening?" Burt himself seemed to be slightly panicked, Blaine was starting to droop in weakness.
"Get my inhaler. It's in the bottom drawer of the bathroom!" Kurt cried, despite himself. "Blaine, please, stay awake." Kurt had breathing issues as a child, so the doctors gave him an inhaler in case of emergency. This was an emergency. Kurt slapped Blaine's face to keep him away, but the tears clogged his eyes and he couldn't see.
Kurt waited, rubbing Blaine's back, "I didn't even... I didn't think of ever..." he felt tears well up in his eyes. Asthma. He didn't ever ask, he should have, it was simple. Burt came back with the inhaler, quiet, he had stopped with the questions, that for which Kurt was grateful. Kurt took the inhaler, shaking it up some, giving it to Blaine, and Blaine barely had the energy to pump the medication through his lungs. But he could eventually do it efficiently after Kurt helped him push it. He took a deep breath and slowly became less panicked, and more calm.
He stayed sitting up, taking slow deep breaths. Kurt's eyes were red, and puffy, and his cheeks were tear-stained.
"When I was..." Blaine took a deep breath, "younger, my dad would withhold my inhaler." he whispered. Kurt wrapped his arms around Blaine's neck, he buried his face in the crook of Blaine's neck and just cried. "I was s-s-so s-scared."
Blaine weakly put his good arm around Kurt and held him as tight as he could. "I love you." he whispered softly.
The ambulance was heard coming down the streets, and Kurt looked up at Burt, "Can you handle this?" he asked softly, Burt nodded and put a hand on his son's shoulder. "Of course."
.
.
.
.
"I want to come with you." Blaine held Kurt's hand, stopping him from getting up.
"Blaine, you're getting your cast off in two days, I am not letting you come."
"It's my house, I can come."
Blaine and Kurt were once again arguing over the fact that Blaine wanted to go with Kurt to get his things from his house. Kurt insisted persistently it would be too hard on him, but Blaine needed some things and he couldn't possibly think of it all on a piece of paper. He could handle it. Easily.
Blaine held Kurt down. "I'm going to deny sex."
"We've never had sex." Kurt responded with a smirk.
Blaine grinned. "Exactly." he said and pulled Kurt down to kiss him deeply, "But we will, and I will deny you so much." he teased. Kurt glared, "You are never... oh well." he sighed, "You can come." Blaine grinned and did a little fist pump, "Perfect." He said and moved to stand up. He was a little more steady than he was when he first had arrived at the house, and that was a very good thing he was thankful for.
Kurt took Blaine's right hand, (the unbroken one) and they made their way downstairs. Blaine limping. Carol looked up, "oh, I thought you weren't going."
Blaine grinned, "I somehow managed to convince him that I wouldn't talk to him for a month if he didn't take me, and I got my way."
Kurt hit him on his arm and Blaine grinned. "He loves me." he assured Carol as he was towed outside the house by his taller boyfriend, "I love you." said Blaine with a grin and he kissed Kurt slightly. He saw as Kurt couldn't keep his smile off of his face.
Blaine turned on the radio and it was a Gaga song, because he was in Kurt's car, on a trip Kurt didn't want him to go on... he allowed it. Kurt grinned and sang alone, Blaine didn't know the words, so he just listened to Kurt who made the song shine.
"So, about that kitten." mused Blaine with a grin. He was, very serious, about wanting a cat. Kurt rolled his eyes, "After we move out of the house, my dad's terribly allergic." he admitted.
Blaine pouted, "So, next year we will both be off to college. Hopefully in New York." he said relevant to their plans. "Actually, I think I want to be a doctor, a kid doctor." he said and Kurt looked over at him, "Really? That's a lot of school." he said slowly. Blaine shrugged, "I have money, my grandparents loved me, and left me a fourteen million dollar inheritance I get in increments starting my 18th birthday.. which just passed. I get a certain amount for college and grad school and stuff like that. Kurt nearly slammed into the person in front of them. "Fourteen... million." He asked. Blaine nodded, "And as soon as I turned 18, I got as much out of my parents money as I could."
Kurt just looked at him, "I don't even... that... wow." he said, and began to drive again. Blaine took Kurt's hand, "I can take care of you, and that's all I wanted." he admitted. "I want for us to worry about us, not money." he stated. "And school. But school needs to be fun, for both of us." Blaine said.
Kurt who seemed to be getting over the shock, just nodded.
Blaine and Kurt sat in silence until they pulled to a red-light, and Blaine leaned over and nipped at Kurt's ear slightly. "When are we going to tell Burt and Carol you said yes?" he whispered into Kurt's ear. Kurt shuddered, "After graduation, and I won't want to get married until after college, or until it's legal. Whichever comes first."
Blaine pouted, "Why not now? We can tell them we are going to wait, but..." Blaine moved to kiss Kurt's shoulder, causing someone to honk at them angrily. But Blaine was beyond caring. Kurt began to drive again as the light turned green. Blaine looked up, very pleased to see the taller boy's face was beyond red.
"Because I'm only 17-"
"A month less, I highly doubt that is why."
"And because when I tell them, I want to be graduated, and out of the house... so Dad can't strangle you." he teased.
"Fine." muttered Blaine, "But I expect a fat, orange, beautiful kitten named Crookshanks as a present when we get out apartment."
"Crookshanks? Really?"
"Yes. Sing me a song." Blaine looked up at Kurt with his puppy eyes.
Kurt laughed, "You hear me sing all the time. You probably stalk me in the shower." he teased. Blaine chuckled, "I should just join you, right?"
That shut Kurt up and Kurt's face went completely red again.
Blaine smiled and turned off the radio.
"It's a beautiful night, we're looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you." Blaine began to sing to Kurt with no music at all. Kurt smiled and began to sing the second verse, "Is it the look in your eyes, Or is it this dancing juice? Who cares baby, I think I wanna marry you."
Blaine grinned at his fiancee, "Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go. No one will know, Come on girl."
"Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow,
Shots of patron,
And it's on girl.
"
Blaine grinned and began to dance around the car, dancing with his fiancee. It was nice to be able to do that, just sing and dance, and have fun. That was part of the reason he loved Kurt.
Don't say no, no, no, no-no;
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah;
And we'll go, go, go, go-go.
If you're ready, like I'm ready.

Kurt looked over at his fiancee, he smiled and then continued to drive and sing.
Cause it's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.
Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.
I'll go get a ring let the choir bells sing like oooh,
So whatcha wanna do?
Let's just run girl.
If we wake up and you wanna break up that's cool.
No, I won't blame you;
It was fun girl.
Don't say no, no, no, no-no;
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah;
And we'll go, go, go, go-go.
If you're ready, like I'm ready.
Cause it's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.
Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.
Just say I do,
Tell me right now baby,
Tell me right now baby.
Cause it's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.
Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

After the song was over and the last notes sung, Blaine and Kurt erupted into laughter they were in the driveway of Blaine's house. Blaine moved over and kissed Kurt's lips softly, a small laugh coming from his lips. "I love you, I really do."
Kurt smiled back, "Come on, let's go." he said, undoing his seatbelt and getting out of the car. Blaine sighed and got out, he limped over to Kurt and took his hand. They walked up to the big house together, the familiar fading of the white pant seemed, if anything, more inviting now that he knew he wouldn't be coming home to his father. Blaine took a key out of his pocket, unfortunately having to let go of Kurt's hand for the movement, he unlocked the door, put the key back in his pocket, and within seconds he held Kurt's hand once more. "Let's do this." he muttered and Kurt opened the door.
It was an odd feeling, walking into his home and knowing there was no danger there, it made him feel better, especially with Kurt by his side. "Let's get my inhaler first." offered Blaine and he led Kurt through the house to a bathroom, "No one uses this bathroom, so I hid my inhaler here." he admitted, and found a shelf, where he pulled out the small plastic thing, "There you are." he said and put it in his pocket. "I haven't actually had to use in years." he admitted, "but it's good to have, I suppose." he gave Kurt a smile and scrunched up his face a little, making Kurt laugh.
"Now for the bedroom."
Blaine stepped into his room, the bloodstained walls speaking to his mind, making him remember all the pain he went through. He winces as he arm began to throb again. He wasn't going to get hurt anytime soon- yet he didn't feel safe. He let go of Kurt's hand and walked over to his bed. The bed in which he never felt sage in, his hand gripped the cold sheets and he shuddered. His life- even before he came out- had been hard, and it was this room in which he took sanctuary. Ironic enough it was the very same room, his safe room where he was molested, abused, and taken advantage of. He barely felt Kurt's hand lay on his shoulder, a warm tear fell from his eyes and landed on his lips, Kurt knew not to talk it seemed. Kurt would always know what was best for Blaine, best for both of them, and for that Blaine was grateful. Blaine hardly felt his own hand reach up, and lay on Kurt's own hand which had been resting on his shoulder.
He was numb, completely numb, the worse part of his life he spent in this house, and to know, not only was it his, but he was no longer in danger... it was a good feeling. His parents would soon be in jail, and he would receive their money- enough to take care of Kurt, and their homes, they had about three across the United States, one was in New York which would come useful. He could sell most of the things, and let Kurt have all the time in the world to redecorate their home, when they get a home. "This isn't my home, Kurt." he whispered, feeling listless, and dreadful. He had it good, he had money, and he survived his trauma, but there were things... it was hard for him. Kurt understood him.
"You're right, your home is with me, in that guest room we share." said Kurt softly, leaning down and kissing Blaine's head. Kurt laughed softly, and Blaine looked up, his hazel eyes soft with amusement and curiosity, "I think you will be allowed to stay in my room with me, and the guest room will be for our things." He informed with a grin.
Blaine chuckled lightly, "There's a suitcase in the closet, we can get some of my stuff now. And there's some things we will sell of course. And you can have basically anything here." he added after a few seconds of thought.
Kurt smiled and looked at him, "I love you." he said in a far away tone. Kurt let go of Blaine's hand and went to grab the suitcase off of the top of the closet.
Blaine's room was simple, the walls were a faded blue, and his desk had random things such as books and a backpack on it. Kurt set the dark blue suitcase on the floor and walked over to Blaine's desk, he smiled, "I didn't know you had this." he said and picked up a picture of him in a frame, with the letters spelling out, "Courage" on it. Blaine looked over and smiled, he stood up and walked over to Kurt, his limp almost gone. He wrapped his good arm around his boyfriend and pulled the boy into a kiss, "I need some courage too." he whispered and pulled Kurt into a kiss. Kurt's hands rested on Blaine's chest as Blaine kissed him, he didn't need to say how much he loved him, it was obvious. They had a silent bond and no one could break it. Regardless of who tried. Even Blaine's father.
Blaine held onto Kurt as Kurt's arms slid around his shoulder, Blaine pulled away, "Lay with me." he requested, looking at Kurt. He didn't mean sex, he meant cuddling. He wanted to lay with his fiancee and just hang out, be happy together. Kurt smiled a bit, knowing exactly what his boyfriend meant, and completely supporting is. Blaine moved onto the bed, laying so he wasn't laying on the cast, and Kurt laid down, next to him. Kurt took Blaine's hand and smiled, and Blaine leaned over to kiss Kurt's nose.
Blaine looked at Kurt with a smile on his face, his heart beating faster every second his fiance even looked at him. Kurt let his fingers run up and down Blaine's cast, "It will be off in a few days." he whispered. "Are you in any pain?" he asked Blaine softly. Blaine shrugged, "No." he lied, he was in pain. A bunch of it to be exact. But he wasn't just going to start worrying Kurt like that.
Kurt smiled softly, "Stop lying to me." he whispered and moved to give Blaine a dry-kiss before rolling over and sitting up, before standing and getting up from the bed. "I have your pills with me, I'll get them. Will you be okay?" Blaine nodded to him and let him go.
Blaine laid there for a few moments before standing up and propping his backpack up, putting his things in there, including the picture of Kurt. He smiled at it before grabbing his journal from the bottom of one of his drawers, and sticking it in there as well. He went through his drawers, grabbing random things he needed and wanted, before setting the bag down and walking through his very clean room. He grabbed his computer off of his desk as well, putting into a different bag, and a few movies. He also grabbed his wallet with his credit cards and money and put that in his pocket. He winced a little as he bent over, his stomach still having some pain, but it was okay. As he picked up a picture hanging on the wall, a picture fell from it. A picture of Blaine when he was four, and his dad, fishing. Blaine sighed and tore the picture in half with some difficulty, throwing it away. He wanted nothing more to do with that man. Kurt walked in and saw the bags he had packed. "We can come back to get some of the other things you want." he told Blaine putting the glass of water on the desk. Blaine smiled taking the pill that had been handed to him. He popped the pill into his mouth and washed it down with the water before turning to Kurt, "I love you." he told him, "I don't see how you put up with all my nonsense."
Kurt grinned, "I will always help you." he told him, and took Blaine's hand, kissing it slightly. "I'll get your clothes." he promised Blaine before letting go of the boy's hand, and disappearing into the closet.
♠ ♠ ♠
even though it's getting much better reviews and reaction on fanfiction.net, I will continue to show it here, for the few people that do like it. next chapter is almost done.