Status: Not as Popular as I hoped, but as long as at least one person likes it, I will continue to post it.

Take These Broken Wings and Learn to Fly

Tonight

“Ah! Movement! Very good, Mr. Anderson.” The doctor's voice boomed through the hall and Blaine raised a triangular eyebrow, his left hand, the previously broken one, had moved. The fingers twirling around Kurt's hand as if it were an unconscious effort. In all reality it was, it wasn't hard to just fit to Kurt. Kurt put his hand over Blaine's and Blaine felt it, he smiled over at Kurt, and the doctor, who didn't seem to mind them being together, just nodded. “If you feel too much discomfort, we've given Mr. Hummel here all you need.” he informed. Blaine nodded and the doctor gave him a pat on his knee before he left.
Blaine shifted over and looked at Kurt, “Lay down with me.” he requested, patting the bed. Kurt smiled a bit and sat down on the side of the bed, “Will it hurt you?” he asked softly, but Blaine just chuckled shaking his head. Kurt moved and carefully laid down next to Blaine, who wrapped his arms around the taller boy and just smiled. The way the light reflected in Kurt’s eyes as they shifted slightly, searching Blaine’s made Blaine know that Kurt loved him completely. Blaine let his right hand slide over Kurt's face gently. “You are beautiful.” whispered Blaine and Kurt smiled and kissed Blaine's nose, “so are you.” he whispered back.
Blaine caressed the taller boy's cheek again and just smiled at him.
“Kurt! Blaine!” Blaine and Kurt looked over to see Mr. Schue walk over, completely oblivious to the fact they were having a moment. Kurt didn't bother to get up, not like he could. Blaine's injured arm was around him and he wasn't going to risk hurting Blaine. Kurt smiled, “Hi Mr. Schue.” he said cheerfully, and Blaine waved. He obviously didn't know Mr. Schue that well. But all of New Directions had heard about Blaine before Kurt went to Dalton.
Kurt was planning on staying at Dalton for the rest of the year with Blaine, they could both graduate, and everything. Wes, Josh, and Nick had been video taping the classes so they attended all the classes they needed, and did all of their homework, giving it to the boys to turn in for them. Their grades were suffering, but they kept up with the class. After his cast was off, Blaine was put under a few stress tests, and his heart and lungs were cleared, so Blaine was cleared for class, therefore they would be going back soon. Kurt took Blaine's hand, and laid his head on the boy's chest.
“I was hoping to hear that you two will be coming to join us at New Directions,” Mr. Schue said hopefully, but Kurt shook his head, “No, we are happy at Dalton. I miss you guys though!” said Kurt, soon sitting up. Mercedes, Tina, Artie, Rachel, Puck, and Quinn soon managed to squeeze themselves in.
Blaine tilted his head, “Why are all of you guys here? You barely know me.” he asked cheerfully. Puck pointed at Quinn, “She dragged me here.” Quinn smiled, “I of course, came because Kurt.” she stated. Mercedes laughed, “You are the baby boy's boyfriend, of course we would show up. Kurt would kill us if we didn't!”
“I came because the rest of them came and I thought we could go over a few song choices, and of course because I wanted to ask if you two wanted to come to New Directions.” Rachel's annoying voice came from behind Puck.
“Sorry Rachel.” Blaine surprised Kurt by talking, “But the Warblers and the no tolerance for bullying is perfectly fine with us.”
“You two seem so... married.” Artie said with a smirk, “You always say 'we', and you are so comfortable. You're a better pair than a lot of us are with our girlfriends and boyfriends.”
Rachel scoffed, “Me and Finn are perf-”
“Girl, you and Finn broke up more than seven times!” Mercedes snapped, “How many times have Blaine and Kurt broke up? How many times have they /fought/?”
Kurt laughed, “We never broke up, but I think we argued once or twice.”
Blaine chuckled and leaned his head back. “I don't wanna go to school monday.” It was friday, they had one last weekend without interruption. Kurt grinned, “I, personally, can't wait.” he informed, “I get to stay with you all week, and not in the confines of my room.”
Santana walked up through the doors, “Can you two be any more gay? You must be having a gay off or something.”
“Nice to see you too, Santana.” Blaine grinned.
“You two have been together for /that/ long, and haven't had sex yet?” she asked blatantly, Kurt blushed and Blaine laughed.
“The cast made it kind of hard. Not to mention the fact I wasn't cleared for sex, and the fact that lung problems aren't helping.”
Santana looked at him, surprised he said anything, as did everyone else. Kurt hid his face in Blaine's chest. Santana pointed at Kurt, “He's the most virgin of any virgin.” she stated.
Mercedes looked at Santana, “Listen, you can't just barge in here and start stressing them out.”
Santana shrugged, “Whatever.” she stated.
The two boys weren't stressed out, Blaine didn't even seem to be embarrassed, Kurt's face seemed forever buried in the shorter boy's chest though.
“Alright, I'll leave.” Santana shrugged it off, “Brittany and I have plans anyway.” she stormed away, and no one really knew why she came in the first place.
Blaine leaned back and closed his eyes, not really caring about the fact other people where there ,they weren't there for him after all, only for Kurt.
“Kurt she's gone, you can stop hiding.”
“Noshmelgood.”
Mercedes even tilted her head at that one. “What?” Blaine just laughed at Kurt, “He said no, because I smell good.” he informed the rest of them.
Mercedes laughed, Tina walked over and gave Kurt a hug from behind. “Well I'll leave you two alone, if they all leave too.”
Kurt finally moved his head from Blaine's chest and gave Tina her hug, “Bye you guys. I'll see you later.” he said and waved to them.
Kurt watched as they left and as soon as they were gone, he was back to laying on Blaine's chest, “Can I just take a nap here?” he murmured to Blaine.
“Of course you can honey.” said Blaine, leaning to kiss Kurt's head slightly and begin playing with his hair, “nomyair.”
“Yes, your hair.” chuckled Blaine as Kurt protested.
“Hey boys!” Burt and Carol walked in, seeming rather cheerful, Kurt groaned, “canjuustsleep.”
“He was trying to nap.” Explained Blaine.
Burt chuckled, “Get up, you can sleep at home. Blaine has just been cleared for release.” Kurt's head sprang up, his hair sticking in an odd direction as it did. Blaine laughed and started to smooth it down with his right hand.
Kurt stuck his tongue out at Blaine, but grinned, “I'll go get your clothes. That I picked out. No, your red skinny jeans are not in the mix.”
Blaine chuckled and Carol walked up to him, giving him a hug, “Congratulations.” she said and Blaine smiled a bit, but put his hand on his head. He laid back completely and closed his eyes, “A lot has gone on lately.” he said slowly.
Carol smiled and pulled up a chair, she took Blaine's hand slowly and looked at him. “I care for Kurt like he is my own son, I hope you realize this.” she said slowly, “And that boy is completely, and utterly in love you with. I will always see you as my own son because of this. Regardless of fights, or breakups, you will always be a part of this family. If you need anything- ever, we are here to open our arms to you.” She patted his hand lightly, “I just wanted you to know this.”
Blaine's eyes began to fill with water that he attempted to blink away. All of his life he was tormented by a family that never wanted him, and people who hated him. In as little as a year he was accepted into a family, and had a boyfriend who understood him, and loved him. It was a lot, he never knew that feeling before, it was entirely alien to him. “Thank you.” his voice came out cracked and rushed, and quiet. He could barely speak. “I just want him to be proud of me.” A tear managed to escape his eye and fall down his cheek, getting caught in his lips. Carol smiled softly, “He is, we all are.”
More tears escaped Blaine's eyes, and Kurt soon walked back in, he laid the clothes on the chair next to Blaine's bed and crawled in bed with him. “Hey, don't cry.” he whispered and wiped Blaine's tears. Kurt kissed Blaine's head and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend, if Blaine was going to cry, Kurt was going to hold him. Carol stood up and kissed both Kurt and Blaine's foreheads and walked out of the room.
“Why are you crying, baby?” Kurt looked down at Blaine with a worried expression. Blaine buried his head in Kurt's chest, not unlike Kurt had been doing earlier. “I want you to be proud of me.” he whispered, barely legible in Kurt's shirt. Kurt smiled a bit and moved Blaine's head so Blaine was looking at him, “I am so proud to call you mine.” Kurt put his fingers under Blaine's chin, and almost as a reflex reaction, he kissed him.
Blaine felt more tears falling out of his eyes as he kissed Kurt back slowly. “I love you, Kurt.” he whispered. Kurt smiled, “I know, I love you too, Blaine.” he whispered and let his fingers play in Blaine's unruly hair.
“Let's go home.” Blaine whispered. “But clothes, first.”
.
.
.
Kurt took Blaine's hand as they walked to the car, Kurt came in his own car, so he was going to drive Blaine home. Home, to know that Kurt's house, was Blaine's home as well. It was a good feeling, it really was. Blaine got in the car and leaned over to kiss Kurt lightly on the lips. Kurt kissed him back, Blaine almost dying, stopped Kurt from neglecting a kiss, he would kiss Blaine wherever he felt he damn well wanted to. After making sure Blaine was okay, Kurt went over to his side of the car and got in.
Blaine began messing with the radio as soon as Kurt got the keys in the ignition, apparently Blaine appreciated the use of his arm as he was using his previously broken arm to play with the radio. A Katy Perry song came on and Blaine grinned, turning to Kurt. “Please?” Kurt laughed and looked at him, “You make me, feel like I'm living a teenage dream.” he was mouthing along with the words and Blaine grinned, “I love you!” he said in an excited tone and began to sing along to the words. Kurt laughed and started to drive, his boyfriend dancing next to him. It was good to see Blaine cheerful again, Kurt loved that about him.
It wasn't long before Kurt arrived in his driveway, and put the car in park. He turned to Blaine who was just looking at him. Kurt grinned and rolled his eyes, “Come on, lover boy.” he teased and Blaine scoffed. “You're the silly romantic in the relationship.”
“And you aren't Katy?” he teased.
Blaine grinned and got out of the car, running over to Kurt and grabbing his waist, ticking him.
Kurt erupted in a burst of giggles, “No fair Blaine!” he giggled and Blaine turned him around to face him. “I am never unfair. Or undapper.” he teased and kissed Kurt.
Kurt grinned and kissed Blaine back, “Come on.” he said and held his hand out when Blaine finished kissing him, Blaine took his hand and they walked towards the door. Blaine smiled at Kurt and Kurt grabbed his keys, opening the door. Blaine walked in with Kurt, and then it hit him. He smelled it and his eyes opened.
Pizza.
Fresh, homemade, Carol's pizza.
“I love your step-mom.”he said dreamily and dragged Kurt to the kitchen.
Kurt grinned and let Blaine drag him to the kitchen, where Finn and Burt were sulking. “Don't touch it, Finn!” Blaine grinned, “Is it for me? All of it. If it is I will love you forever.”
Carol laughed, “No, but you get the first piece. Don't worry Kurt!” Carol called over her shoulder, “I made you a salad.”
Kurt was heard to say, “Yes!” But Blaine was in the dining room, sitting down as he saw the pizza. He looked like the only thing more beautiful than the pizza was Kurt, and Kurt wasn't allowed to take his pizza away.
Finn and Burt walked into the living room and sat around the table, waiting for the pizza just as eagerly as Blaine. “I made two this time.” Carol stated and Burt grinned, Finn and Blaine high-fived, (Blaine's good arm of course), and Kurt walked in. “You all are going to have premature deaths because you can't go without sugar for two seconds.” he teased and waited for his salad.
Carol put the first pizza on the table and all of the boys (void of Kurt) grabbed two slices. Blaine looked at his pizza with a grin, then bit into it. “Kurt, therertomore.” he said with a mouthful of pizza.
Kurt turned away, “Gross, you are such a boy.” he said and hit Blaine on the arm. “Don't speak with your mouth open!” he insisted. Blaine finished swallowing and offered Kurt a bite of the pizza he already bit into. “Try it.” he said. “Come on, try it.” he insisted. Kurt turned his face away, trying to hide himself, but Blaine pouted. “Try it. You'll make Carol sad.”
Kurt looked at Blaine's pout and gave in, taking a small bite of the pizza.
“Can you two tone down the gay? I'm trying to eat.” Finn said from a mouthful of pizza, Carol slapped him on the arm. “Wha?” he asked stupidly, “I don't like it when Puck has a girl over and they such each others mouths off at his house.” he said.
Blaine laughed, “It's impossible to tone down the gay.” he told Finn light-heartedly. Kurt took Blaine's hand under the table and began to eat his salad, “I like my salad better.” he stated with a grin. Blaine rolled his eyes and took another bite of his pizza.
“I heard there was a game on.” Blaine said once he swallowed his pizza, to Burt. Burt nodded, “Yeah, some Florida team called the Bucs against the Buckeyes. We got this one in the bag.”
Over the course of the months, Blaine and Burt bonded over junk food and football. Ten minutes later, as if on cue, the three men were done with their pizza, got seconds, and migrated over to the living room to watch football. Kurt smiled as Blaine kissed his hair and went to watch the game with the others. “I'll help clean up.” Kurt said and smiled.

About thirty minutes later, a knock sounded on the door. Kurt's head was in Blaine's lap, and Blaine was playing with Kurt's hair. Carol got up, “I'll go get it.” she said and yawned deeply. Carol opened the door, and Blaine looked over as she disappeared, “Wonder who that is.” he mused as he took a sip of a coke and took another bite of pizza. “That is going to give you a heart attack one of these days.” muttered Kurt disdainfully.
“Blaine, you may want to come here.” said Carole, walking back into the room, her voice soft. Blaine's eyebrows furrowed, but he eased his way out of the seat, Kurt looking up at him, and Blaine shrugged.
Carol led him to the door, where two police officers were. “Mr. Anderson?” they asked, and Blaine nodded.
“We've found your parents.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Blaine FINALLY got his pizza, and his cast off. good times! but seriously. he finally got his pizza.