Status: Not as Popular as I hoped, but as long as at least one person likes it, I will continue to post it.

Take These Broken Wings and Learn to Fly

You Are Perfect, To me

Blaine ran to the bathroom, and Kurt saw him. On instinct he was on his feet in seconds, running after Blaine. "Blaine, what's going on?" Blaine was bent over, throwing up in the toilet. Kurt sat down next to him, rubbing his back, "baby, what's going on." After Blaine finished throwing up, he wiped his mouth and flushed the toilet quickly, not liking the smell. Tears had been streaming down his eyes nonstop, his hand was over his mouth.

It was then he had begun to sob. Uncontrollable, non stopping, and very loud sobs, Kurt wrapped his arms around the boy and let him cry into his shoulder. "It's okay, it's okay." He began to whisper, not sure what wasn't okay with him. "When you calm down, tell me what happened."

It took Blaine a while to calm down, Blaine's fingers grasping Kurt's shirt for dear life. "They found them, they found my parents. I'm going to have to see them." His voice was broken and cracked, he was hyperventilating, and looked rather pathetic. Kurt reached over to the drawer on the bathroom counter and pulled out Blaine's inhaler. Doing so, he didn't make Blaine let go of him, Blaine was just crying, and he was going to remain crying. Kurt sat down on the ground and Blaine crawled into his lap, Blaine was small, but not that small, either way Kurt allowed it, and rubbed his back. For a while, Kurt didn't say anything, what could he say? He had never been through something like this, and all he could do was to be there for the boy. It was minutes before Blaine was calm...ish, again.

"Come on." he whispered and helped Blaine to his feet. Kurt closed the door and locked it, "Brush your teeth, come on darling." he whispered and held out Blaine's toothbrush.

Blaine's hand was shaking as he looked at Kurt but took the brush.

"We are going to get through this, I will be with you every step of the way, I promise." Even as he was saying this, he was being strong. His mind was on a different path. How could anyone do that to someone like Blaine, someone so innocent, someone so kind. Kurt was so proud of everything Blaine has done, and seeing him like this, it made Kurt want to kill anything that came in contact with him in a bad way. It made him protective of the shorter boy.

Blaine nodded, his face red and puffy, Kurt leaned over to kiss Blaine's cheek and let him brush his teeth vigorously, washing out the taste in his mouth.

"I love you." whispered Kurt, his hand on Blaine's back.

Blaine finished brushing his teeth and Kurt took a washcloth and wet it slowly, before wiping Blaine's face.

"We will talk to him together. If you have to see your parents, we will do it together. I won't leave your side throughout this experience, I promise." Kurt took Blaine's face in his hands and kissed him gently. There was no way that Kurt was letting Blaine go through this alone, like he had gone through his parents for so many years, alone, Kurt wasn't letting him do that again. Blaine didn't kiss him back, but wrapped his arms around Kurt and burying his face in Kurt's shoulder. "I don't want to do this, Kurt."

Kurt nodded and wrapped his arms around Blaine's waist, "Regardless of what happens, I am so proud of you, and so in love with you." Kurt whispered into Blaine's ear, and Blaine nodded, his eyes filling with tears. "All of my life all I've wanted is someone to be proud of me." whispered Blaine, "I finally found you." Blaine stood straight and looked at himself in the mirror, his eyes were still red and puffy, but not as extreme as before. He had calmed down, his breathing was natural once more.

"Let's go." he whispered and took Kurt's hand like it was natural. Kurt smiled and unlocked the door, putting Blaine's inhaler in his pocket in-case it was needed. Knowing that Blaine had asthma made Kurt's life easier, because he knew to bring the inhaler in high stress situations like this one. Kurt opened the door and they walked out, meeting the man at the front door who looked impatient, Kurt took a deep breath in frustration but walked with Blaine at his side.

The man looked at them, "Ah, here you are Blaine," he said cheerfully, earning a rather rude look from Kurt. Not after all that Blaine has gone through, to be cheerful? It was rude, and it was stupid of the man.

"So you will have to testify against your parents, and we would appreciate if you showed up in the court hearing. Considering this is a first offens-"

"It isn't." Blaine's voice cut through the words harshly, "My father abused me from the time I was twelve years old, mental and physical abuse." he informed. Kurt's hand tightened on Blaine's as he heard this, looking at the man's unchanging expression.

The man nodded slowly, "this is the first abuse to bring you to the hospital, it is likely that your father could only go to jail for a year, and then sent free."

Kurt stared at him blankly, all of the shit Blaine has gone through, and they didn't get anything but maybe a year in jail? This infuriated Kurt, it made him want to kill Blaine's parents. "Are you kidding me?" he snapped. "That man raped, and abused, and nearly killed Blaine! And he could go free with just a slap on the wrist!" he nearly screamed at the man who just shrugged. "it was a first time event with no casualties, he had to pay for the medical expenses, and he will be put under a restraining order against the family. Isn't that enough."

Blaine was nodding, but Kurt looked livid, "No that is not enough! He should be put in jail for half a century for what he did!"

"Blaine wasn't a minor and didn't die." It was apparent Kurt and this man would not get along, Kurt would have replied but Blaine just put his hand on Kurt's arm, "It's okay."

"It's not okay." replied Kurt stonily.

Blaine looked at the man, "what of my mother?" he asked quietly, causing Kurt to look up at him, he had barely thought of the mother.

The man looked at him, "What about her?"

"She was just as bad as him, she watched, and would hold my inhaler, prevent me from using it until I had almost collapsed, she ridiculed me and egged on my dad, wanting him to hurt me. She is just as bad."

The man looked at Blaine, "You will have to testify this." Blaine, who was expected him nodded slowly, "I know."

Blaine wrapped his arm around Kurt's waist and looked up at the man, "Thank you." he said slowly, "That's all we will need from you now."

Blaine seemed very composed for just having a mental breakdown, they closed the door on his face. Kurt looked at Blaine and squeezed his hand, he walked with him, leading him to the kitchen, "This calls for some pizza, soda, and Disney movies." he told Blaine, "Have at it."

Blaine grinned, yet it didn't reach his eyes, and grabbed a few slices of pizza, a bottle of coke, and a large bag of puffy Cheetos. Kurt wiggled his nose and got his own bit of juice. "What movie do you want to see?" asked Kurt as Blaine had an armful of food, Kurt grabbed the soda and the bag of chips, helping him out. "I dunno, I'm actually excited for school tomorrow." said Blaine with a grin.

"I'll miss your pink sunglasses." said Kurt grumpily, walking upstairs with Blaine who just laughed at him. Kurt looked at his extensive movie collection, "What's your favorite?" he asked Blaine who just grinned, "Winnie the Pooh." he said without hesitation or embarrassment, "I have no shame when it comes to Pooh Bear." he informed solemnly and Kurt laughed, "I've always liked Beauty and the Beast personally." he informed, pulling out Winnie the Pooh and putting it into the DVD player in his room. Blaine helped set out the food and began to nibble on pizza as it began. The opening notes began and Blaine leaned over and sang, "Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh," into Kurt's ear and Kurt just smiled and stole a bite of the pizza. Blaine sang along to the opening song and Kurt just smiled at his boyfriend, "You are so silly." he teased.

"There is nothing silly about Winnie the Pooh!" gasped Blaine, swaying along to the music. He put the pizza on the counter next to Kurt's bed. And opened the chips, but put them on the nightstand too. He and Kurt got under the covers, and Blaine wrapped his arm around Kurt. "Do you think in the most thoughtful way you can think?" he teased, mirroring the movie, and Kurt just looked at him with a grin, kissing Blaine gently on the lips. Blaine chuckled and kissed him back, his hand moving to cup Kurt's cheeks.

"I'm just a little black raincloud." he began to sing along with the music, "Hovering under the honey tree."

As the movie got more into the story, and less into music, Blaine curled up next to Kurt and put his head on Kurt's chest. Kurt had begun to play with Blaine's hair, looking at the movie before putting his head back, closing his eyes, and they both were soon asleep. Blaine was cuddled up next to Kurt and Kurt was laying straight, his hand on Blaine's back.

.

Carol opened the door into Kurt's room to check on the boys and saw the two. She smiled and looked at the two, so obviously comfortable about each other. She walked over to the beg and pulled an extra blanket out of the closet and put it over the two boys, tucking them in. She gave them both a kiss on the forehead and turned off the T.V. She got the bag of chips and the cups and plates out of the room and turned off the light, smiling at the boys. They made her happy, just their happiness, they were never inappropriate, they were never rude. But most of all, they were perfect for each other, one of them was never truly happy unless the other was with him, that's why she made Burt allow them to both sleep in Kurt's room, she knew they would sleep in the same bed regardless of what room they were in.

Carol walked out of the room and down the stairs, putting the dishes in the sink, and walking out into the living room, Finn had gone up to his room to play video games and Burt and Carol were alone, Carol sat down next to Burt and took his hand, he looked at her and she smiled at him, "Kurt and Blaine are asleep, that's good, they went through a lot today." she mused and leaned on her husband.

Burt rubbed her back and nodded, "I'm still not happy about them being in the same room, what if they are inappropriate." he muttered sourly. But Carol laughed, "Burt, when I walked in, Blaine was sleeping on Kurt's chest, curled up next to him, and Winnie The Pooh was playing on Kurt's TV, they were both fast asleep. Fully clothed under the covers. Nothing inappropriate happened in there." she said lightly.

Burt still grumbled a little, and Carol understood, that was Burt's seventeen year old son in there, with an eighteen year old boy they had only known a few months. Of course Kurt had known him about half a year then, so Carol wasn't surprised their relationship was where it was.

"They won't have sex for a while, they are both good boys and they want to make sure it's the perfect time. But they will have sex someday." she told him and Burt's cheeks reddened and he looked away.

He seemed to have the same idea about sex as his son. He didn't want to hear it.

Carol smiled and moved to sit on Burt's lap, her head resting on his chest, "I'm glad we let Kurt go to Dalton, he is so much happier now." she said. Burt wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. "When are we going to tell them?" he asked.

"After they graduate, and all of this with Blaine is over, they have enough going on now."

Burt nodded and smiled at her softly, kissing her on top of the head.

.

.

.

When Kurt woke up at 5:00 the next morning, he noticed the T. V. was off and there was an extra cover over Blaine and him, he smiled a bit and kissed Blaine on the lips to wake him. Blaine groaned and turned around, his back now facing Kurt.

"itshooarly." groaned Blaine into the covers, but Kurt just laughed, "It's Monday, we are going back to school today." Blaine didn't seem to care as he just groaned and put the pillows over his head.

Kurt grinned, "You asked for it!" he pulled the blankets off of Blaine and the pillow off of this head and began to tickle Blaine awake. Blaine burst out laughing and hit Kurt on the arm, "I'm awake! I'm awake! Just stop! Please!" Kurt smiled innocently, "Come on, Carol made us some waffles!" he said and pulled Blaine out of the bed.

Blaine groaned and got out of bed slowly, his hair sticking up everywhere and acting like a four year old. "I don't wanna go to school today, Kurt." he cried impatiently and Kurt just grinned, taking a brush and trying to tame Blaine's curly mane. It wasn't happening so Kurt just kissed him and took his hand, walking out of the room with him. "You were excited for it last night, what changed?"

"I had to wake up at five in the morning."

Kurt led him down the stairs and Finn was still sleeping, as was Burt. Carol put some of the waffles onto a plate. "Thanks Carol!" said Kurt happily and Blaine just blinked a little, Carol laughed at him. Kurt laughed and ruffled his hair but Blaine just put his head on the table and closed his eyes, "I just wanna sleep." he groaned. Carol smiled, "Finn wasn't a morning person either." she said with a grin, "Kurt, you might want to get up."

Carol got a glass of water with some ice in it and put it in front of Blaine. Blaine looked up sleepily, "what's that for?"

Carol grinned lightly, "Kurt is going to pour it on you if you don't eat the waffles and get ready for school." she stated, handing it to Kurt who had cautiously stood up.

"He wouldn't do that!" said Blaine slowly, already waking up a little better.

Kurt picked up the glass and took out a piece of ice, setting it in Blaine's hair. "What wouldn't I do?" teased Kurt with a sweet smile.

Blaine gave him a mean look, took the ice cube out of his hair and threw it at Kurt before pouring excessive amounts of syrup on his waffles. Kurt smiled and thanked Carol before taking a sip of the water and sitting back down. Carol smiled and began to clean the kitchen. She had work in the morning as well, so she got up with Kurt and Blaine, causing them both to get up early. They had to leave at 6:15 in the morning, and Kurt normally called first shower.

Kurt soon finished his own waffles and stood up, kissing Blaine's unruly hair and going up to the shower, not having a choice in what to wear cut down his getting ready time drastically.

Kurt was out of the shower in fifteen minutes, and by then Blaine was back on the bed asleep. "Get up." Kurt said, dressed only in a towel, "I need to get ready and you need a shower."

Blaine's eyes opened, and then widened looking at Kurt, dressed only in a towel. Kurt rolled his eyes and kissed Blaine on the lips, "You're undapper face is showing." he teased, noticing Blaine's slightly parted lips and his far away expression that always seemed to be around when Kurt mentioned, or said something about sex. Blaine chuckled and stood up, "'mever undapper." he stated, I'm and Dapper seeming to mix together as he wiped his eyes. He trudged to the bathroom, and Kurt got his Dalton uniform on. Kurt was doing his hair at his desk when Blaine walked out in his own uniform, his hair was sticking to his face as he sat down next to Kurt, grabbing his brush and starting the long hassle of taming his hair.

Kurt laughed at Blaine as he did his hair, "I would tell you to cut it all off, but your hair is amazing." he stated as Kurt finished his own hair. He stood up, kissing Blaine on the cheek, and then walked over to the guest room and found both his and Blaine's bags on a chair. He picked them up, and walked around, putting their things in their bags. Blaine was finished with his hair about ten minutes later, the evil unruly curls smoothed back and gelled down.

Kurt then had it in really good mind to ruffle the boy's hair, but with an hour and a half long drive, there wasn't time.

Kurt dropped Blaine's bag in Blaine's lap and he laughed.

Blaine stood up, put the bag over his good shoulder and leaned over to kiss Kurt on the lips. Kurt smiled and kissed him back, "Come on, Blaine." Kurt said and took Blaine's hand, walking out of his room, Blaine stopped. "Wait here." he said solemnly, and then ran into the guest room. When he came out, seconds later, he had his pink sunglasses on and a grin. Kurt smiled and grabbed him by the tie, giving him a kiss.

Finn walked out of his own room and stopped, wide eyed, he turned around and walked right back in. Kurt laughed a bit and looked up at Blaine, "Oops." he whispered and took Blaine's hand, leading him down the stairs, Blaine laughed and walked down the stairs with Kurt.

"Bye Carol!" Kurt yelled and opened the door before looking at Blaine, "oh shit, do you have your inhaler?" Worry was clear in his voice and Blaine rolled his eyes, "I can't breath once and you will never let me live it down." he teased before pulling his inhaler out of his bag, showing it to Kurt, and putting it back in "You packed it last week silly." he teased and wrapped his arm around Kurt's shoulder, walking with him out of the door.

Kurt smiled, "I worry, you know this." he said and closed the door behind him, locking it.

"We have a long drive to the school."

Dalton was a boarding school, so Kurt wouldn't be home for a week unless he decided to commute the 88 miles home, he had his own dorm there, with uniforms and all he needed. He had two of everything so he could stay at Dalton when he didn't want to drive home.

Days before Kurt transferred to Dalton, Blaine had requested a roommate because he was getting lonely. It was by chance that Kurt ended up being that roommate. Everyone continuously asked them how if they nearly lived together, why haven't they had sex yet? They were perfect for each other, sex was thought of, but it was never the right time.

.

.

.

"You're voice hasn't been raped, start singing!" Josh said as soon as Blaine walked in. Blaine grinned, "Hey you guys!"

There was Warbler practice that evening, and Kurt and Blaine were definitely going to attend.

"Blaine!" The Warblers all came around and gave him a hug, and Blaine was simply beaming, which of course, made Kurt smile. Kurt's arm was around Blaine's waist during the entire scene, their bags against the wall, they had dropped them as soon as they walked in. "What am I supposed to sing?" asked Blaine as the commotion died down.

"Well we were actually meeting today to talk about music for sectionals, they are in three months and we have a lot of practice to do.

"What's the matter with the clothes I'm wearing, can't you tell that you're tie's too wide?" Blaine began to sing and took Kurt's hand, dancing with him.

Nick grinned his silly grin, and began to dance along with the rest of the Warblers, "Maybe I should buy some old tab collars? Welcome back to the age of jive." he sang and Trent laughed swaying from side to side, "Where have you been hidin' out lately, honey? You can't dress trashy till you spend a lot of money." Kurt laughed and danced with Blaine, "Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new sound." Kurt sang happily, and he and Blaine both sang, "Funny, but it's still rock and roll to me"

Thad and David danced around the band as they began to play, "What's the matter with the car I'm driving?" David sang, "Can't you tell that it's out of style?"
"Should I get a set of white wall tires?" Thad danced next to Nick with a grin, and Curt began to sing once more, "Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?"

Blaine let go of Kurt's hand and jumped up on the couch, singing with happiness, and Kurt just smiled at how happy Blaine was to get to move around, "Nowadays you can't be too sentimental. Your best bet's a true baby blue Continental." Kurt reached up and took Blaine's hands and they sang the next line together, "Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk. It's still rock and roll to me." Wes finally showed his voice and walked in the middle of the circle, snapping his fingers, "Oh, it doesn't matter what they say in the papers, 'Cause it's always been the same old scene."

At this point, all of the Warblers began to sing at the same time,

"There's a new band in town.
But you can't get the sound from a story in a magazine...
Aimed at your average teen.

Blaine jumped back down to stay next to Kurt and they all sang together.
How about a pair of pink sidewinders.

Blaine laughed and pulled his pink sunglasses out putting them on, sticking his tongue out at Kurt, Kurt laughed and poked him in the side.
And a bright orange pair of pants?

Kurt couldn't help but to think about Blaine's red skinny jeans.
You could really be a Beau Brummell baby
If you just give it half a chance.
Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers,
You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers.
Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways.
It's still rock and roll to me.
They got into a sort of a formation and just danced in all sorts of ways.
What's the matter with the crowd I'm seeing?
Don't you know that they're out of touch?
Should I try to be a straight 'A' student?
If you are then you think too much.
Don't you know about the new fashion honey?
All you need are looks and a whole lotta money.
It's the next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways,
It's still rock & roll to me.
Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new sound.
Funny, but it's still rock and roll to me"

They all laughed and hugged each other. "We're definitely glad to have you back, Blaine!" Thad said and pat him on the back, Kurt laughed, breathless and holding Blaine's hand.

"We definitely need to work on choreography." said Blaine looking at Kurt. Kurt rolled his eyes, "I'm not that bad!" Blaine chuckled and hugged him tightly.

Nick looked at the two of them, "You two just throw-up happiness everywhere, it's endearing, and puke inducing."

Kurt grinned and Blaine put his head on Kurt's shoulder, smiling like a bunny, "Did I mention to you Kurt, that I want a kitten?" he asked innocently, and Kurt smacked his head shaking his head. "About five times." He informed. Wes grinned, "I think this meeting is over, we have a song for sectionals!" he said and all of the Warblers clapped.

Blaine put his head back up, "I want all of us to get a solo in this song." he informed, "I don't want to be the lead, I mean, look at all of these voices, Nick, Wes, Thad, everyone is amazing, and we all deserve that chance!"

Wes nodded, "The council will think about it."

Kurt looked at him, "this boy hasn't been able to jump on furniture for months, my step-mom wouldn't appreciate it, why don't we have a vote." he said.

Wes tilted his head, "Alright, all in favor of everyone getting a solo?"

Naturally, everyone's hand went up, including Wes's, and Blaine grinned, "It's settled then."

.

.

Kurt was laying on Blaine's bed in the dorm room, sifting through a vogue magazine, and Blaine was dancing to another Billy Joel song, "I just want to go to Billy Joel and give him a huge hug." he said, dancing around. Kurt laughed and set down the magazine, "Do you think I'm sexy?" he asked, looking up at Blaine, and Blaine grinned, dancing up to Kurt, holding out his hands. Kurt took his hands and got off the bed, dancing with Blaine in a silly manor, and Blaine kissed him on the cheek, "You are the sexiest man I've ever met." he informed. Kurt grinned widely and wrapped his arms around Blaine's neck, dancing with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter coming up in about a week or two at the latest.