‹ Prequel: Chaos
Sequel: Vanguard

Heart Ache and Spark Break

One

"Really? You're almost there?" I asked Judy through my comlink.

"Yes. We'll actually be there in a few minutes," she said.

"Cool, I'll go over to his place now," I said.

"See you in a little bit."

"Bye," I said. I pressed a button hidden under my pretender skin right behind my ear. Using my comlink as a comlink, no button. Using it as a cell phone, button. It didn't make sense to me either.

"Sunstreaker!" I screamed.

He was in bay forty sulking. "What do you want fleshy?" he asked.

"I need a ride," I said.

"Take a taxi."

"I don't want to take a fucking Taxi," I snipped.

"I'm a warrior bot, not a chauffeur for some squishy," he said.

I disabled my pretender skin. I put my servo on Streaker's hood. "I will scratch the fuck out of your pretty little sunshine yellow paint job," I said in a sickenly sweet voice.

"You wouldn't dare," he growled, revving his engine.

"You want to bet?" I asked. I loved the feel of the parts in my servo moving. The blades coming from my servos tapped dangerously on his hood.

"Fine," he grumbled.

"I knew you'd see it my way," I said.

"Jazzy!" I called to the small bot. He clambered off of Wheeljack’s table and over to me. "We're going to go see Ron and Judy," I said.

Streaker revved his engine impatiently. I got in the driver's side of the pissed off Lambo and set Jazzy down. He transformed into his new iPhone 4 mode. I reactivated my pretender skin. We got to Carly and Sam's apartment, just as Carly was walking out.

"Brent?" she asked.

"The one and only," I said picking up Jazzy and putting him in my pocket.

"This is Sunstreaker. He is a self centered overly confident twisted piece of scrap," I said.

"Uh hi?"

He didn't respond. "Ignore him he thinks he's better than the rest of us."

"I am," he said making her jump.

I kicked him.

"I will leave your aft here," he threatened.

"And I will tell Ironhide, how it was you, not Sides that put the bubble solution in his cannons. I can't believe you'd sell your own twin out like that."

"According to stories that I have heard from the other's, you have sold your twin out countless times."

"Yeah well, he and I really didn't get along most of the time. You and Sides on the other hand are extremely close, making you a certifiable asshole."

"I'll still leave your aft here," he said.

"Then when Bee kicks your fucking ass, I'm gonna laugh."

"The scout has nothing on me."

"You haven't seen him get pissed at people for pissing me off.

"I don't like you, squishy," he said.

"The feeling is mutual, mech," I said.

"I have to go," Carly said, walking away. "It was good seeing you Brent, and good meeting you Sunstreaker."

"You just can't be nice for one second?" I asked him.

"Not to a squishy, especially when I should be out on a mission."

"Well if you hadn't gone and fucked with Ironhide, you might not have had your servo busted, and you could've gone on your mission," I said.

He went to say something, when a RV pulled up. Judy and Ron got out. Ron was concerned about being parked where they were. I skipped over to them.

"Brenton!" Judy screamed hugging me.

"Judy!" I hugged her back. I hugged Ron. "What's with the green?" I asked, when we let go.

"Aren't they nice?" Judy asked. "Look at your hair. So cute," she said. Since the last time she had seen me, I had dyed it jet black and put a bright yellow streak in it.

"That's Sunstreaker," I said pointing. "He'll only respond to Sunstreaker, Sunny, Sun or Streaker. Trying to be smart and calling him Sunflower or Sunshine only gets you cussed out."

"Is Sam home?" Ron asked.

"I think so."

"Where is he?" Judy asked. The door opened as she said it. "Sammy!" He looked at us and walked away.

"Come one that's funny. Ha ha," Judy said.

"Sam," Ron said.

"SAM!" I shouted.

"I missed you guys so much," he said to them coming, back out. I smirked.

"Sure you did. What do you think?" Judy asked. She gestured to Ron and herself.

"Look at that." Sam said thinking the same thing I was.

"Cute," Judy said.

"You look old," he said.

I snickered.

"Stop it," she said.

"Feel like I can see the end."

"I love your little tie. Hey where's my girl? Where's my beautiful Carly?" Judy asked.

"She's at work, Ma. She's got a new job. You guys said you were going to be here in a week. The 21st not the 11th, Dad, remember?"

"We just hauled ass in this thing. We stopped for gas."

"This thing the love tub, it flies."

"That's gross," I fake gagged.

Sam put on his jacket. "Are we keeping you from something, Sam?" I asked.

"Like, say, your job?" Judy said, hopefully.

"Well it's about time. You had us worried," Ron said.

"Look, I didn't even have to write him a letter or recommendation," I said.

"Uh- I- I have job interviews."

"Oh that's good," Judy said sounding a lot less excited than before.

"That sucks," Ron said.

"Stop it!" Judy scolded.

"Do you want me to hack into your records and make you look better?" I asked. "I'll do it right now," I said. I was already rifling through company files on the internet.

"You don't have to be so negative," he said to Ron and I. I just shrugged.

"Dad, you're in D.C. You're here with your son and your family. I mean it's a good time."

"It sucks that you don't have a job," Ron said.

"Blows," I added.

"Yeah, but there's good things to do here too. Right Brent?"

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Right. Museums and monuments, okay? I'll see you tonight."

"I'm bagging the gift," Ron said.

I choked on a laugh. I mean that literally. I started hacking up my lung, while my air intake was throwing fits. "Damn."

"Sam, I think for an interview you should wear real pants," Judy said.

"I think for life you should wear real pants," he responded. We followed him to where his car was parked.

"What happened to Bumblebee?" Judy asked.

"He's on a mission," I said. I let out a longing sigh. I missed Bee. I couldn't comlink him either. I was told not to because long range comlink like that could help any lingering decepticons locate them and attack. It sucked.

"So your car has a job?" Ron said.

"I mean Sam, I miss Bee too, but I didn't go out and buy a wanna be."

"No, you rode here in Sunstreaker, yellow lambo who transforms into an alien robot," he said.

I glared. "If I had my choice, I wouldn't be here with him," I said, "He's an ass."

"You could've taken the bus."

I was pissed. I felt the skin on my arm start to peel back. I concentrated on making it stop. I could see the light from my optic on the floor.

"What does it change into?" Judy asked.

"It changes from a regular piece of shit to a broken down piece of shit," I said.

"It doesn't change into anything. It's a collector’s item," he said, "I got it for a steal. It just needs some work. Trust me."

"Needs a lot of work," I said.

"So do you, you half glitch half organic."

"You're working your way to an ass beating., I warned.

"No, I think it's darling. It reminds me a lot of Bumblebee, if Bumblebee was a sad piece of shit."

Sam tried to start it up. It stalled. He smacked his head on the steering wheel.

"Come on we'll give you a ride," Judy said. They got their car off of the trailer.

"I'm coming too," I said.

"Streaker, go," I said. He sped off.

":.HOLOFORM!" I screamed at him through my comlink. He ignored me. "It's national asshole day," I muttered.

I got in the back passenger's side beside Sam. He looked absolutely miserable. I found it funny.

":.Doll face?" Bee's voice came through.

":.Hey, where are you?" I responded happily, knowing that if they were close enough that he was able to comlink again he'd be home soon.

":.Somewhere over the middle of the Atlantic.

":.Wow that sounds fun," I said.

":.Sides is bitching because he can feel Sunny sulking. What about you?"

":.Streaker and Sam have been pissing me off."

":.That's not surprising. What's up with Sam?"

":.Job hunting with Ron and Judy right now. Had to come with to make fun of him since, he was king of the comeback today."

":.BRENT what the pit did you do to my twin?!" Sideswipe's voice came in loudly and obnoxiously.

"Ah fuck!" I screamed in the car.

Sam looked at me.

":.Alright bye Bee love you." I held the button behind my ear turning my comlink completely off. I didn't like it at all. It didn’t feel right being disconnected from all of the bots.

"Interviews this is so exciting. Honey, do you want some gum? Your breath gets really gnarly when you're nervous," Judy said.

Once again, I smiled at Sam's misery. We went to building after building for all of his interviews.

The last place we went to was Accuretta Systems. Sam finally came out employed. They dropped me off at the gate of the base. I walked right in. I went straight to my room. I lounged around on my bed. I retracted my pretender skin. Of course my clothes didn't fit right and hung off at weird angles, but I didn't care. A few hours later, I went to the Lennox house hold and ate dinner. Sarah always insisted that I come over for dinner, when both Bee and Will were away.

After a chicken salad and some energon, I returned to my room. As soon as I was on base, I retracted my pretender skin. I waved to a few of the soldiers that I passed. Jazzy was sitting on my shoulder. I pushed the door open to my room. Lying on my bed in nothing, but a pair of basket ball shorts was Bee’s holoform.

He was fucking around on his iPod touch. I tuned into its wifi receiver and started messing around with it. He looked up from it. He saw me and gave me a ‘really?’ look. I laughed and crawled into bed next to him. Jazzy got off of my shoulder and started walking away.

:.Where do you think you’re going?

:.I got him,” Jazz said.

:.Thanks,” I said.

I looked at Bee. He was typing away on his iPod touch. He handed it to me.

"You're not funny.

P.S. It's hot when you walk around without the pretender skin."


I read it and laughed.

He rubbed my back. I got up and walked over to my dresser. I reactivated my pretender skin. It was easier that way. I changed into my pajamas, making a little bit of a show of it. When I crawled back into a bed, he pulled me close and kissed me. I kissed him back. “I missed you,” he croaked out, when we pulled apart. He usually saved his voice for me.

“Missed you too,” I said. My head was resting on his chest listening to the thrum of his spark. I retracted my pretender skin.

He ran his hand over my face plates. "It just doesn’t seem real sometimes," he said, "I mean you're just gorgeous, not that you weren't before, but now. Your face plates are so perfect, not dull, dented, or scratched. Then there of course is your beautiful human side. Your slate grey eye, your flawless skin, your soft lips, and let’s not forgets the amazing job you did dying your hair." He leaned in and kissed me.

“You are so corny,” I said when we pulled apart.

“But you love it.”

“Yeah, I do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
No, Brent's hair doesn't match what I said, but get over it.