Status: Active

Ouija

OUIJA

I was sitting in class, doodling some ghosts on to a blank sheet of paper. I was bored, and it was US history, my worst subject. No matter how hard I tried, I always failed. Just my luck. So, to pass the time, I managed to create a picture.

I felt a tap on my shoulder just as I was busy outlining the drawings in permanent marker. I liked doing that; it brought it "more-to-life" that way.

I stopped, putting the marker down so I won't ruin the picture and turned my head to the side. It was Darnell, my best friend since age of 5. We go way back.

"I just rented a movie, called Ouija. Do you want to come to my house and watch it with me?" he asked in a whisper voice.

"Ouija? What the fuck is that?" I whispered back.

"It's about a game that lets you communicate with the dead," he said. "It's called a talking board game."

"Are you serious... Is it true?" I wondered out loud.

"Shh... I'll tell you about it more after we got done with this class," he promised, turning back to his notes. He was a smart kid, so he always took his school work seriously. But at the same time, he knew how to be cool and not one of those lame geeks.

"OK...?" I mumbled, going back to my un-finished art.

After about what seems like forever, which was really just 10 minutes, after our small talk, the bell began to ring.

RING BARINNNNNG!

Ouch. I hate that bell. I quickly got up and rushed towards Darnell who was making his way into the lunch line.

"So, what's this game about exactly, or the movie?" I said as I reached for my lunch tray.

"Its called Ouija. As far as I know, you can communicate with the dead," he explained shortly.

"Is it real?" I asked with fear in my voice

"I'm not sure. All I know is that I can't wait to watch it!" he said with excitement entering his voice.

I grabbed my tray full of food, and walked towards the table and sat down.

"Hey Avril. What's going on?" my other friend, Chase, asked.

"Shit, nothing much," I said. My group started talking and goofing off.

It was hard focusing on the conversation, when I was too busy being curious, about the game.

OUIJA!
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm kind of new at writing stories. Let me know what you think of this so far!!!!