Sequel: Made Of Stone

Know Your Enemy

Three

-Brian's POV-

I didn't care that I didn't have any clean clothes to change into. Not that mine were dirty. The only thing on my mind was getting Jen out of this house. She quickly threw some clothes on while I came up with a plan. Part of that plan included good running shoes. She wasn't going to get very far in flip flips.

Once we were both dressed I told her my plan. It was pretty simple. Say we were going out for breakfast and that Jen forgot her purse in the kitchen. I'd distract Matt while she snuck out the back door then I'd meet her in my car. It wasn't the most thought out plan but it would have to do.

We slowly made our way into the living room where Matt was still playing that damn video game. This could work to our advantage. The house could be on fire and he'd keep playing that thing.

"I forgot my purse in the kitchen." Jen said before I let go of her hand and watched her head into the kitchen.

"We're going out for breakfast."

"Okay."

I didn't say another word and just walked out the front door. He was so distracted by the game that he probably didn't even hear me.

I got into the car and waited. Jimmy's house was pretty big so I knew it would take a minute for Jen to get around to the front. Patting my pockets I realized I had forgot my keys in the house.

Fuck.

I didn't really know where they were so I rushed back inside and came to a screeching halt.

Matt hadn't abandoned the video game and was nowhere to be found.

"JENNA!"

No answer.

I ran straight for the kitchen but she wasn't there. Maybe she was waiting for me in my car? I ran for the front window and saw that my car was the same as when I left it. If she wasn't in the kitchen and she wasn't in my car then where is she?

"JEN!"

------


-Jen's POV-

"God I've missed you."

I closed my eyes tightly as the tears began to flow. Matt's hot breath on my ear made me shiver and I felt like I was going to be sick.

He chuckled softly and looked through the crack in the pantry to see where Brian was. It probably wasn't the best hiding spot but Jimmy's pantry was the size of a walk in closet.

"JENNA!"

I squirmed against Matt's strong grip but it did no good. I couldn't move if I tried. He enjoyed having the upper hand and unless I pulled some drastic and quick I may never get away from him.

"So you and Brian are friends now huh? Did you fuck him?"

I shook my head no as he tightened his grip.

"You better not have. You belong to me."

I knew I only had one shot at this and I had to make it count. I had taken a couple kick boxing lessons a few years back. This was the time to see if I actually learned anything.

I felt Matt's lips on the back of my neck so while he was distracted I opened my mouth like I was going to scream but instead I bit his hand as hard as I could. He screamed and released me from his grip. I tumbled out of the pantry and fell onto the kitchen floor. He lunged for me but I brought up my leg and kicked him as hard as I could in the stomach. He stumbled back and I did the only thing I could think of to do.

I ran.

I could hear his footsteps behind me as I made a beeline for the front door. I was only feet away when a pair of arms reached out and grabbed me, pulling me into another room.

"It's okay it's just me." Brian said with his hand over my mouth. I had almost screamed and I knew he only did this to keep Matt from finding me.

Looking around I noticed we were in Jimmy's bedroom. We could hear Matt's footsteps coming closer and I knew it was only a matter of time before he found us.

"There's only one way out of here and we both know with Matt outside this door we can make it. Do you trust me?"

I nodded. "I trust you."

Taking my hand in his Brian pulled me over to the large window which he already had open. "As soon as your feet touch the ground I want you to run and whatever you do don't stop until you're in my house. You remember where I live right?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

I climbed out the window and did just as Brian said. My feet hit the ground and I took of running. Brian's house was only a few blocks away from Jimmy's. It didn't take me very long to get there and once I did I ran inside and locked the door behind me.

But where was Brian?

I jumped when I felt something lick my leg and looked down to see Brian's dog Pinkly staring up at me.

"Hi Pinkly." I said picking her up. I carried her into Brian's living room and sat down on the couch. This was only the third time I had ever been here so I wasn't sure where anything was.

Pinkly stayed pretty close to me while I sat there worrying about Brian. He still hadn't shown up and I was scared something had happened him.

I saw a shadow coming through the french doors that led out to the pool so I turned to my left and screamed.

"Brian's can't save you now baby." Matt smirked.

"That's what you think."

I watched as they began to fight. Pinkly ran to go hide and I thought about joining her. Matt was gaining the upper hand and I knew I had to do something to help. Since I didn't know where anything was I started opening random drawers but didn't find anything. Finally I opened the closet door that was next to the front door and found a gym bag. I started digging through it until I pulled out a gun. Jimmy had told me Brian went to the shooting range a lot.

Rushing back into the living room I prayed there were bullets in the gun as I took my aim with shaky hands. Matt's large hands were around Brian's throat and he was screaming that I would always be his.

I couldn't let him hurt Brian so I fired and I kept firing the gun until I couldn't do it anymore. Brian slowly got to his feet and made his way over to me. He carefully took the gun from my hands and pulled me into his arms.

"Where did you learn to shoot like that?"

"My godfather has a shooting range. He always said I needed to learn how to protect myself."

Brian chuckled softly before pulling me into the kitchen where he called the police. They came quickly as well as an ambulance. We were asked a million questions while Matt was rushed to the hospital. Once they left which was hours later the other guys showed up and Jimmy immediately took me into his arms.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Thanks to Brian."

Jimmy pulled back and looked at me before looking at Brian then back to me. "Did I miss something?"

I sighed and took his hands in mine. "Maybe you should sit down."

I proceeded to tell Jimmy, Zacky, and Johnny what happened. All three were shocked and pissed off. Jimmy blamed himself but I told him it wasn't his fault and that I was sorry for not telling him. They eventually left leaving just Brian and I.

"I'm sorry about the mess." I said referring to the blood stains on the floor.

"It's alright. I've been looking for a new place anyway." He smiled.

I smiled back. "Thank you for saving my life Brian. I can only imagine what would have happened if you hadn't been there. What can I do to repay you?"

"First of all you're welcome. Second of all the fucker had it coming and... well I guess there is something you could do."

"What is it?"

He smiled again before holding his hand out to me. "I say we put our differences aside and forget about all the bullshit we've put each other through. So what do you say.. friends?"

I stared at his hand before looking up at him. Smiling I took his hand in mine. "Friends."
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END!!

I hope you enjoyed it. There is a sequel entitled Made Of Stone. You can go ahead and subscribe if you want to. I should have the first part up soon.

Comment and Subscribe...

Jen