Betrayed

001

(Beauty)
It’s been three years since I have been back to Huntington Beach. In fact its been three years since I have been in California period. I was nervous being back here. Its where everything that I held dear was shattered in the matter of minutes and I couldn’t put it back together so I left.

I left everything and everyone that I knew and loved behind. I haven’t even talked to any of my old friends since they were his friends as well. I need to stop thing about this. It just brings me back to thinking about him and I didn’t want to do that. He already haunts me dreams and every time I look at a certain person I see him as well.

I looked at the car seat that was resting by my feet as I waited for my mother to come and get me. I looked at my sleeping daughter. She had just turned two and it was going to be the first time that anyone that I called family or friends were going to see her. In fact no on knew she existed, not even my mother.

I would occasional call home and let my mother know that I was okay, but I never gave any detail of what my life was like. I wondered how people were going to react when they saw that I had HIS child and that I had kept her. I wondered what HE was going to do.

As I was looking at my little girl I didn’t noticed that a shadow had fell over me, “Beauty?”

I looked up and saw my mother, “Mom,” I said as I got up and hugged her.

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah, “I told her. She had yet to register the car seat that was at my feet. She may have thought that Kayla belonged to the woman seating next to me, but when I pick her up she is going to be in for a surprise.

As she grabbed the rolling case and my purse, I grabbed the duffel bag and the baby bag, followed by Kayla. When my mother saw this her eyes widened, “Beauty, is that your baby.”

I smiled at her and turned the car seat so that she could see her Brianna better, “Mom meet your granddaughter, Kayla.”

I heard her gasp and she put her hand over her mouth, “Does he know?”

“No, mom, you’re the first to even know that she exists.”

“Are you going to tell him?”

I closed my eyes and let out a sigh, “Mom all I want to do is get home and rest. It’s been a long trip.”

She just nodded her head and started to walk out of the airport. I followed close behind her. When I got out side I smelled the ocean breeze and knew that I was finally back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment plz and thx!