Betrayed

009

(Brian)
She was standing on the porch as if she was waiting for me to pull up. As I looked at her I realized that her name didn’t do her justice. In fact no word did, she was perfect inside and out and I realized that fact too late, but I hope not too late I thought as I got out of my car.

I walked up to the steps and stopped just looking up at her, “Hey,” was all I was able to get out. I was speechless being this close to her after all these years. I never realized how much I missed her or how much I loved her until this moment. I hoped that I was able to get back with her.

“Hey,” she just said back to me. There was this guarded look that she had in her eyes, but she didn’t leave or say anything else. She just stood the looking at me.

After a while I broke the silence, “Can we talk?” I asked. I wanted so bad just to sit by her and hear her talk. I can’t believe I took her for granted all those years ago. I feel so stupid for the mistake I made. She had to have been the best thing that happened to me next to the band.

She let out a sigh. She had this tired look in her eyes, but she just sat in the porch swing, “Sure why not. We might as well get this over as soon as possible so that we can move on.” She turned her head to look at the view of the beach on the other side of the rode.

I walked up the steps and sat down next to her on the swing. I was surprised when she didn’t move. It gave me some hope, “I am truly sorry about what I did. I just want you to know that I am sorry and that I regret what I did to you.” There just saying those few words lifted a huge weight from my shoulders.

I watched as she closed her eyes and a moment later I saw tears coming from her eyes. I wanted to reach out and touch her and just hold her, but I didn’t. I knew that she wouldn’t appreciate me touching her. So, I just sat there and just waited for her to get her bearings.

“I forgive you Bri,” she said it so softly that I almost missed it. My heart leapt when she said my nickname. I was so happy inside by her just saying those words. She forgave me. I couldn’t have ask for anything more.

I sighed in content of what she said, “So what do we do now?” I asked. I didn’t want to get my hopes up and I didn’t want to rush things with her. I knew from experience that you couldn’t rush things with her.

“I guess we can try at being friends,” she said and I nodded my head.

“That’s good, I can handle being friends.” My heart was doing flips in my chest. I was another step closer.

“Good,” she stated with a yawn, “I’m getting tired. I need a nap.”

I nodded my head. Standing up I walked down the steps and then turned back to her, “Thanks BeBe,” I said and smiled at her.

She returned my smile, “You’re welcome Bri. See ya around,” and then like that she just turned and walked into the house shutting the door behind her.

I got into my car and drove away with a smile on my face. She had forgiven me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading and commenting. It makes me happy and want to update more.