Dance with a Devil

let me pray you through

"You look beautiful, Vi. I forgot to tell you that earlier," Garrett said with a smile, taking her hand as she got out from the car.

"Where are we going?" Violet asked, looking around. They were at some sort of park--but it was completely empty.

Garrett grinned. "Welcome to our date."

In his hand, he was holding a picnic basket and Violet grinned. She ran over to the grassy area of the park and plopped down. Garrett followed suit and he opened the basket up, revealing delicious food.

"What have I done to deserve this?" Violet asked, taking a bite out of a sandwich.

"What? A guy can't treat his girlfriend to a nice date?" Garrett questioned.

"Are you sure it's that or are you still apologizing? We haven't been on a date in forever, Garrett," Violet said, seriously.

Garrett sighed. "Violet..."

He set his food down and looked up at his girlfriend.

"I love you, Vi. That's why we're on a date. No one else matters."

He reached out and touched her cheek. Violet gave him a smile and she leaned in and kissed his lips.

They never really got into a big fight ever. It was usually over within a day and one of them usually apologized. Violet did forgive him but her mind never really left the thought. Rachael would always be apart of Garrett's life, no matter what.

"I love you, too, Gare."

"How is school? I always forget to ask you this," Garrett changed the subject. Violet rolled her eyes. Her last year at ASU started just a week ago and she already hated it. She didn't know why she wanted to be a lawyer, in fact, she was really starting to hate the idea.

"Stressful."

Garrett smiled. "Hence why I stopped."

"I wish I was in a band," Violet grumbled. "All I'd have to worry about is girls attacking me after every show. Well, boys in my case, I guess."

"Please, it's hard work, okay?" Garrett chuckled. Violet rolled her eyes and she said, "Hey, speaking of the band, what are you guys doing with this whole thing?"

"Um, Tim is working on it," Garrett nodded. "He gave the label the demo's that we made before John's trip, to try and get them to ease up on us, but they still didn't budge. They didn't really like it. Tim is thinking of declaring us independent so we can 'self-produce' or something."

"Are you guys gonna write a new Declaration of Independence?" Violet snorted. Garrett rolled his eyes and he said, "Very funny, Vi."

"But I guess that's a good thing though, right? Why work for someone who doesn't like your music? Make your own shit."

Garrett nodded, a far away look in his eyes. Violet really did hate seeing him so sad. His entire life, he worked to do what he loved, but one man is keeping them all behind.

"Let's not talk about this," he said.

"Okay," she nodded.

"Um," Garrett changed the subject, again. "My family is thinking of going to Florida for a couple weeks."

"Really?"

He nodded. "Yeah. We're going to go to the Kennedy Space Center and Universal Studios and--"

"The Wizarding World of Harry Potter?!" Violet shrieked in excitement. Garrett laughed and nodded his head.

"Aw, Gare, you'll have so much fun! I wish I could come with you!" She pouted.

"I know. You have no idea what I'd do to have you with us."

"Fucking school," Violet grumbled. "I would go to Harry Potter land every day for the rest of my life if I could. I miss it."

Garrett kissed her cheek.

"I'll take lots of pictures, I promise. I'll even buy you another wand. Who's do you have already, again?"

"Voldemort's, Sirius', and Bellatrix's," Violet named the last three wands she bought from the last three trips she took to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Garrett chuckled. "Okay, I'll get you the next coolest one."

Violed smiled and kissed Garrett on the lips. "How long will you be gone for?" She mumbled, as Garrett ran his fingers through her hair.

"Two weeks? We're visiting some cousins, too."

Violet sighed. "At least it ain't like a month or however long your damn tours are."

Garrett pressed his forehead against hers.

"I love you, Violet. You know that, right?"

She nodded her head, giving him a small smile. They stood up and Garrett took her hand, guiding her back to his car. They set the unfinished picnic in the trunk and they climbed into the car.

Garrett placed a hand on Violet's face as he turned to look at her, his eyes searching her face for nothing in particular. Violet felt a blush creep onto cheeks and she said, "Let's go home?"

He smirked. Violet suddenly saw John's face in front of her--oh, the many times he had smirked at her. She gave Garrett a wavering smile and she looked out the window the entire time.

Why on earth was she thinking about John when she had a perfectly good boyfriend right in front of her?

Even as they stumbled into their bedroom, dying to rip their clothes off of each other, Violet had to pull away, squeezing her eyes shut.

Stop thinking about him!, she mentally screamed at herself. Imagine him to look like a fat alien or something!

"Hey, what's wrong?" Garrett panted. Violet opened her eyes and stared at him. Her boyfriend: Garrett Nickelsen. Why would she ever have second thoughts about him (if she wanted to call imagining John's face that)? He was the only man she loved. John just showed up because he was an ass and he liked to do that.

Violet shook her head, attaching her lips to his again and pulling his shirt over his head.

John was forgotten for the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit

I'm on spring break and I have promised myself that I'd devote this time to finish writing Shimmer and also writing this new story of mine, LA VIE, but I took a break to write this. Just attempted cuteness with Garrett and Violet that sets up the drama to occur later on. And by later on, I mean quite sooon :)

Thank you to deariloveyou, peeta mellark (x2 lol), shootingmoons, thescenekid, erika_xtc, astheonlybirdsings, khairena, WhoAreYouJudy, lovelyhope :)

I keep forgetting that I have a CONTEST going on. You all should check it out.