Dance with a Devil

i'll stay with you

Violet closed the door behind her, slowly, and she sighed. She stepped in and found Garrett asleep on the couch in the living room. He was waiting for her.

She nudged him awake and when he saw her, he immediately sat up.

"Vi," he breathed in relief.

"Hi, Gare," she said, softly.

Garrett reached out and touched her hand and Violet didn't pull away. She gave him the best smile that she could muster and kissed him on the lips.

"You're not mad anymore?" He asked, surprised.

"I'm still mad," she nodded. "But I'm just tired," she shrugged her shoulders. "You're leaving tomorrow and I don't want to be in a fight when I can't even see you."

"I love you, Violet."

"I know," she said. She stood up and went into their bedroom. Garrett slowly followed behind her and he watched, intently. He didn't believe her–how could she have let that go so easily?

"Vi...?" He whispered.

Violet took off her red sweater and she laid down on the bed. She didn't say anything to him, but she didn't really want to. She actually truly wasn't mad at Garrett–she was never mad at Garrett, she just wished that Rachael didn't exist.

It was Rachael she was mad at.

Garrett laid down beside her and he snaked his arm around her.

"You're always number one in my life, Violet," he whispered. "Don't ever think otherwise."

Violet couldn't sleep until three in the morning. Her mind was going insane, thinking about all the things that Garrett and Rachael did when they were together. She saw pictures of them–at Christmas, Thanksgiving, on a trip to Prescott, everything! Then her mind wandered to John, and she could imagine how he used to be such a jerk to her.

"Oh, who's this?" John fling his arm around Garrett's shoulders, sizing Violet up and down. She suddenly felt self-conscious that some random guy was checking her out but Garrett's grip on her hand reassured her that nothing was going to happen.

"This is my girlfriend, Violet Casey."

Violet stuck her hand out and said hi, offering him a kind smile. John raised an eyebrow and he took it, kissing the back of her hand.

"Well, hello, Miss Violet Casey," he smirked. Violet took her hand back and she glanced around the party. She had gone to parties before in high school but she wasn't really apart of the scene. She usually just went because Cecilia wanted to go or something.

"Well, she is no Rachael," John said, probably thinking he muttered it in Garrett's ear but Violet could hear perfectly well. "And she could probably work on her clothes a little more, but good job. I think it'll last till next month."

"Fuck off! Garrett shoved him away. John laughed and winked at Violet before he lost himself in the crowd.

"Don't listen to–" Garrett started but Violet shook her head. "I won't."

He smiled and kissed her on the lips.


Why did her mind always wander off to John? She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping that would rid of him, but it didn't. In fact, she fell asleep thinking about both of them.

Violet woke up feeling dead. Garrett wasn't in bed with her; she turned around and found him packing last minute things into his suitcase.

Garrett looked up and found her watching him.

"My parents are picking me up in ten minutes," he explained.

Violet nodded her head and she threw the covers off her and proceeded into the bathroom. She did her normal routine–minus the shower because Garrett would have left by the time she finished–and when she came back out, Garrett was sitting on the bed.

"I'm gonna miss you Vi." He said.

Violet sat down next to him and took his hand in hers.

"I'm gonna miss you, too." She whispered.

"Hey, you looked like you haven't even slept," Garrett brushed her messy hair out of her eyes, noticing the bags underneath them.

Violet shrugged. "Yesterday kinda sucked."

Garrett got off the bed and kneeled down in front of her. "Violet, I am so sorry. Please, please understand that. You know that I love you."

"Of course I do," she nodded. "I just can't stop thinking about her."

"I have you," he kissed her on the lips, gently. "You're my girl–you got me over Rachael. I am never going to go back to her. Fuck," he cursed, standing up. "I don't want to leave with us like this."

"You're supposed to buy me a wand, of course you're going!" Violet exclaimed, standing up, too.

Garrett stared. She gave him a half smile and clutched onto his shirt.

"How about we pause? Like Lily and Marshall from How I Met Your Mother." Garrett gave her a confused look so she explained, "Whenever Lily and Marshall get into a fight, they always pause in the middle so they can continue doing what the normally did without having that fight to make an impact on them, and they'll unpause when they feel the need to actually talk about."

Garrett couldn't help but smile. "God, you're such a dork."

Violet rolled her eyes.

"I mean," she continued. "We aren't in a fight we have unresolved issues. We can deal with them when you get back."

Garrett kissed her on the lips–the lips he won't be able to even see in two weeks–and he nodded.

"Okay. We're on pause."

Violet practically launched herself at him, wrapping her legs around his torso, flinging her arms around his neck, and attached their lips together. Garrett stumbled back but he caught her and kissed her back.

"You better call like everyday and tell me about all of your adventures," Violet said, muffled. "And you better get that wand."

Garrett nodded. "Of course I will."

They heard a car horn outside, indicating that his parents were waiting, and Garrett sighed, picking up his bags.

Violet followed him out and they shared another sweet kiss goodbye at the door.

"Bye, Gare." She whispered.

"Bye, Vi." He murmured.

She waved goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Nickelsen and Trey, who gave a thumbs up when they broke off from the kiss. Garrett winked at her before he joined his brother in the backseat and she watched them go.

Violet closed the door and she leaned back and sighed. She really was going to miss him despite being on pause. At least Rachael wasn't going to be in Florida–that was enough reassurance right there.

Her mind wandered back to John. Violet groaned and shook her head, hoping that his face would go away. All she wanted was for everything to be the same–go to school, go to John's. The only thing missing was the fact that Garrett was miles and miles away. Everything else was going to be the same.

Well, she hoped it would be the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
Technically no John in this short and sucky filler of a chapter but have a dancing John gif to cheer you up :)

KALEIDOSCOPE EYES–check it! Cowritten with my lovely friend, BUSTANUT :)

Sooooo, I don't read like any Garrett Nickelsen stories on this site and I kinda want to–do any of you know or have any that you think I should check out? Cuz I love me some Garrett and I literally only read one story with him in it. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that I may not read it due to some reason. Pleaaaaase don't take personal offense and hate me forever. I can barely read the amount of stories I'm subscribed to already (and it ain't even that high of a number) so don't hate me if I don't end up reading yours or whose ever story. :)

The number of comments I got on the last chapter made me go :O, so I give ginormous thank you's to sweet insanity (x2), Arizona.Beauty., youaremyanchor, WhoAreYouJudy, mandiimouse, shootingmoons, Living Proof, astheonlybirdsings, RoRo15, lovelyhope, peeta mellark, thescenekid, and khairena :)