Dance with a Devil

the walls are closing in

Violet Casey kept her hand curled around the handle of her suitcase, excitement built up in her chest, her hair was flying as her eyes searched around, trying to find the person she was most excited to see.

"Vi!"

Garrett Nickelsen waved at her, with a bright smile on his face.

Violet grinned, dropping her suitcase and running into his outstretched arms, just like in a movie.

"God, I've missed you." He said, pulling away and pecking her lips.

"I've missed you, too, Garrett." She smiled, pulling her boyfriend back in for an even sweeter kiss.

Violet had gone to visit her family in New York for a month, only because her grandmother was dying. She sadly passed away only a week earlier, but her family had recovered well. Violet wanted to come back home to Arizona, to be with those that she loved.

Garrett threw her suitcase into the back of his bright yellow car and they they both drove off, as fast as he could, trying to weave through the intense traffic of Phoenix, Arizona, back to their place.

The minute she walked in, their bed was calling to her and she plopped down right onto it, closing her eyes, feeling truly like she were home. Garrett smiled and laid down next to her, taking her hand in his, and murmuring,

"I really did miss you, Vi."

"You better have," She smirked, opening her eyes and glancing him.

Garrett rolled his eyes and said, "It really would have been nice to have you back for the last couple of weeks."

Violet turned her body to face him, their faces only a couple of inches away and she replied, "Your texts didn't sound too happy. Tell me, what happened?"

He sighed. "Tim and John got into an actual physical fight over how John is ruining not only his own life, but The Maine's as well. Tim said that if John doesn't get his act together, then the label is kicking us off and we won't be The Maine anymore."

Violet sat up.

"What?!"

Garrett did, too, and he nodded his head.

"I don't know what to do, Vi. Everyone is trying to get through to him, trying to get him to dish what the fuck actually happened last summer, but he's not saying anything and in turn, it's creating a greater distance between him and the rest of the world."

"Wait," She stopped him. "'What happened last summer' as in, when he went to Oregon to visit family or whatever, right?"

Garrett nodded. "Nobody except the O'Callaghan's know what happened during that vacation, and it seems like a touchy subject."

Violet sighed, taking Garrett's hand and pressing it up to her lips.

"I'm sorry, Gare." She said, sadly. "This must be so disappointing for you guys."

"To be honest, I think I'm more worried about John." Garrett admitted. "He hasn't left his apartment since two weeks ago, when Tim went over. And you know how he is with alcohol..."

Violet did know.

A year ago, John got insanely drunk at a party that she had the guts to attend, and while she was exploring the place, like she usually did at foreign places, John had caught up with her and tried to have sex with her.

Garrett almost blew a fuse when he found out.

"Do you think he'll get through it?" She asked.

"If he keeps himself locked up like this--then no, I don't think so." Garrett said. "He's my best friend, Vi, and he's killing himself."

"I wish I could do something to help." Violet said, honestly, though she was doubting if anything she would do would work.

"I don't know." Garrett shrugged, lying back down on the bed. "We've all tried to talk to him, but we just looked fucking mental since it was his stupid front door. You can try and talk to him, Vi?"

She looked at him uncertainly. "I said 'I wish I could do something to help' because you know that thats not going to work. John doesn't like me."

John and Violet never really did get along, even before that drunken incident. For two years since she had been dating Garrett, of all the five boys of The Maine, and the other friends that tagged along, Violet always thought that John was the one who didn't like her. He was always scrutinizing her, as if she wasn't good enough for Garrett.

Garrett shook his head. "He doesn't not like you, Vi."

She scoffed. "Yeah, okay."

"Alright, you two may have some tension but do it for me." Garrett pleaded, sliding off the bed and propping himself on one knee, taking her hands in his. "I'm fucking worried about the guy, and I'm desperate to have him back."

Violet kept the uncertain look on her face. "He's going to slam the door in my face."

"Then that means he would open it." Garrett said. "Please, Vi. Please get through to him. He's partial to girls, even if that means its my girlfriend."

Violet sighed. "I can't guarantee anything, Garrett."

"It would mean just as much to know that you tried."

She pulled him up by the collar of his shirt and kissed him full on the lips. She felt his hand tangle itself in her hair while the other one tugged at the hem of her shirt.

Garrett pulled away, resting his forehead against hers and said, "Thank you, Violet Casey."

"For you, a thousand times over," She quoted The Kite Runner, smiling. Garrett chuckled and stroked her cheek with his thumb.

Violet smiled at him, but the feeling of dread overcame her. The image in her mind of John O'Callaghan wasn't a pretty one, and if he hated her while sober, then what would happen if he were drunk. The hostility towards her before the drunken incident was bad enough, after that it skyrocketed.

But, for Garrett, and for The Maine, it was worth a shot.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have so much in store for this story. Plus, Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites, but I love all Disney movies. You can never get enough of them.
Also, I will put very strong emphasis on MODERN TWIST because this is not completely based off of it. The gist of it is the same, but like I said, modern twist. So don't be shocked if something comes your way and you didn't expect it. :)

Huge thank you's to BUSTANUT, mandiimouse, hachie, Hello Fascination., Laobows!, forevernalways, hachie, Swallowedbythesea;, MorganLovesHalvo, captain of my soul;, thescenekid, Living Proof, astheonlybirdsings, eight letters late., sO NoT StErEoTyPiCaL, and lovelyhope for your wonderful comments :)