Dance with a Devil

and let me carry you

I really miss you, Gare. Please come home to me soon.

Violet sighed, sending the text. It was really early in the morning but she couldn't sleep from all the studying that she had been doing. Plus, she really did miss her boyfriend.

It was Saturday and Garrett was coming home in three days. They haven't talked in a while because every time that she called him, or he called her, they always missed the call. Garrett was surely having more fun than Violet, being in Florida and all, but she wanted him home again.

She pulled herself out of bed at a decent time and got dressed. It became a daily routine for her to go to John's house whenever she was free. She really liked his company and plus, she could see some real progress with him.

However, it got awkward yesterday when he blatantly told her that she and Garrett shouldn't be together. But, he was drunk–that was a valid excuse. Hopefully.

Violet arrived at John's place and she let herself in. John was nowhere to be found so she sighed and went into the kitchen. He was probably still sleeping–especially since he was so drunk. She hoped to finish the mural on his foyer while that day so she could just get it over with and not worry.

She poured a glass of orange juice for herself and went out into the foyer to set everything up. She was in the middle of painting when John stumbled out of the room. He groaned and when he saw her, he stopped.

"Hey, princess," Violet rolled her eyes. John scowled and went into the kitchen. He came back a few minutes later and leaned against the doorframe with a coffee cup in his hands.

"On a scale of one to ten, how drunk was I last night?" he asked.

"I can only go to ten?"

John rolled his eyes.

"I said some pretty bad things, didn't I?"

Violet shrugged. "You were drunk."

John was silent. He watched as Violet painted a city on his wall. She felt uncomfortable with him watching so she shot him a glare. He smirked and took a sip of his coffee, but he didn't stop watching her.

"Why did you get drunk yesterday, John?" Violet asked, glancing at him.

"Shit happens."

"Well, yeah, but what specifically? I've never seen you that drunk before? Okay, no, that's a lie...but you were pretty drunk!"

"Family stuff."

"The funeral?"

John looked at her, slightly shocked that she knew that, but Violet couldn't forget the day where John and some family member got into an argument about a funeral.

"I'm not allowed to attend? Are you fucking kidding me? She's my cousin!" John shouted.

"What--no, don't hang up on me. This isn't over, Josh! I have the same fucking rights as anyone else to go to the fucking funeral..."


John nodded his head, slowly.

"Who's funeral is it?" Violet asked, setting the paintbrush down.

"My cousin's," he answered, simply. "Sophia's."

"Were you close to her?" Violet picked up the paintbrush again and started painting, hoping to look nonchalant but she was getting giddy. He was revealing something to her.

John shrugged. "Sort of."

"Oh, that's cool," she said. "Are you gonna go to the funeral?"

"I'm not allowed," John answered. Violet looked at him–he didn't look angry or sad, he looked nervous.

Violet rolled her eyes. "What are you–five? Why not?"

John shot her a look, finally realizing what she was getting at.

"Nothing."

Violet mentally cursed herself for going too far. John went back into the kitchen and Violet glared at his retreating figure.

She was mad at him, suddenly. He wasn't giving her enough information and on top of that, all the things he said the yesterday were coming back to her.

"He loves you, sure, but I think you can do better. You're a person who gave all of her heart to someone who didn't return in. Garrett has only given you a part of his heart because you know that the other part belongs to Rachael."

Instead of storming off to him and yelling at him for being a stubborn little bitch and not opening up, she turned on her heel and marched on over to the forbidden room.

She took a bobby pin out of her hair and stuck it into the lock. She watched Sam and Dean Winchester pick locks so many times, she felt as though she could be an expert at it.

Except she wasn't. It was taking her longer than necessary and she was being loud by rattling the door and groaning.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Violet spun around to face John, who was staring at her, angry. Instead of being afraid of what John would do, like she would if she wasn't so on edge about everything, she let all of her bottled up feelings out.

"God, John, you are pissing me off!" she exclaimed. "I don't know why the fuck you won't open up to me! If you can't already tell, I'm all you have right now and without me, you'd probably be dead. Literally! I want to know what is in this fucking room and I want to know what you did to make your family so fucking mad at you–oh, and speaking of mad, how dare you question my relationship with Garrett? You don't even know what love is!" Violet panted.

John raised an eyebrow and scoffed. "Oh, I don't?"

"NO!" She shrieked. "You don't! At all! You've never had a real relationship! You don't know what it's like!"

John clenched his jaw shut. Violet was panting. She turned around and tried shoving the door open, even though her body weight was not enough. She was so mad that hitting something was relieving the tension.

She suddenly felt John's hand on arm and he yanked her around. He pushed her against the door and his lips crashed onto hers.

They were kissing.

They were kissing.

Violet whimpered against his body, unable to comprehend what was happening, as their lips molded together and his hands entwined themselves around her body. John O'Callaghan was kissing her and she didn't know what to do about it.

When she regained a stable mindset, Violet shoved John off.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" She shrieked, panting. John was panting, too, but he was staring at her like he never did before.

"Violet–" he started but she slapped him.

"Don't touch me!"

She shoved past him and got her things and left. She was trying not to drive like a mad man but it was hard to when she was so angry and confused. How dare John kiss her when she stood there and yelled at him about how perfect her relationship with Garrett was.

Violet was suddenly missing Garrett even more.

She got home and faceplanted into her pillow, screaming into it. Too much was happening at once and all she wanted was someone who would just hold her and tell her everything was going to be okay.

Like Garrett.

As fate would have it, her phone buzzed. She looked up from her pillow and opened the text message.

You have no idea how much I miss you, Vi. I'll be home soon and we'll be together again. I love you more than you know.

Violet looked down at the text and closed her eyes, feeling so guilty because after calming down a little but, not only did she and John kiss behind Garrett's back, she kind of liked it, too.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so terribly written but ZOMG THEY KISSED. Bad move, but omg. Also a teeny tiny hint about 'what happened' ;)

You–featuring Zayn Malik of One Direction (if I get some comentarios then I'll post the first chapterrrrr) <3
How to Be a Superhero–an original fiction :)
Brighten Contest :)

The feedback to this story never ceases to amaze me. These guys are the best: amandabenton22, beaute infame, shootingmoons, WhoAreYouJudy, thescenekid, RoRo15, caitlinstarz , miss chanandler bong, on your side;, vices , lovelyhope, unmade beds, obliviate, thescenekid , the-perfectmistake, crimsonote., and one direction; :)
Oh my God, I think this is the most I've ever gotten for this story :3