Dance with a Devil

i'm all out of words

She stared at the door. He texted her saying that he would be there in five minutes, so she sat herself on the ground, right in front of the door, waiting.

She heard the rattle of the door being unlocked and she stood up, giddy.

"Violet?" she heard his voice before she saw his body, but once his body gradually came from behind the door, holding suitcases in his hands, Violet didn't even care, she launched herself at him, making him go "Oomph!" and drop all of his suitcases.

"Hey, Vi," Garrett said, laughing, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend. "I've missed you."

"Oh, you have no idea," Violet said, exasperated.

She pulled him into a very long overdue kiss. She didn't even notice it, but Garrett hoisted her up and walked over to the couch and set her down; she felt the soft cushions behind her.

Just as Garrett started to unbutton her grey shirt, Violet broke off from the kiss and said, "Wait, but I have things planned for us!"

Garrett raised his eyebrows. "Over sex?"

She nodded. "I think you'd like it."

Garrett sighed and shrugged. "I probably would."

Violet grinned and kissed him again. Garrett hopped off her and sat back against the couch, smiling at his girlfriend because of how much he missed her.

"So, tell me!" Violet exclaimed, sitting up. "How was it?!"

Garrett grinned. "Oh, Vi, you would've loved it...again. You were so right about the Forbidden Journey ride in Harry Potter. We went on that thing five times. Trey wouldn't stop! And none of us complained because that was the best ride ever. I was in heaven in all the theme parks. My mom thought we would be too young for that kinda stuff, but Trey and I had the time of our lives. We spent two days in Universal Studios and one day in Epcot and another day in Hollywood Studios. And you were right about the Kennedy Space Center, too. That was awesome.

Violet beamed. "Yes...and you're forgetting something..."

Garrett glanced at her and then it clicked. He chuckled and stood up, going over to his suitcase and unzipping it. He pulled out a plastic bag and Violet squealed in excitement. She grabbed the bag from him and opened it and gasped.

"THE ELDER WAND! NO WAY!"

Garrett laughed. "My girl had to have the Elder Wand. I mean, it didn't even take long for me to figure it out."

"I love you so much," Violet said, taking the wand out and playing with it.

"I love you, too, Vi."

Violet pulled the boy into another long kiss. She pulled away and murmured, "How's your family over there?"

Garrett nodded. "They're good. They didn't know you existed until Trey decided to bring you up so my aunts, especially, bombarded me with questions about you. They like you, by the way," he quickly added when she opened her mouth to ask what they thought of her. Violet grinned.

"Garrett, you have no idea how much I missed you. You know, there was a storm just last week and I had no idea what to do! You weren't here to protect me!" she exclaimed.

Garrett gasped. "What ever did you do without me, my dear Miss Casey?"

"I took cover at John's house," she said, without thinking.

"Oh...yeah," Garrett said, sounding a little disappointed. "How is he, by the way?"

"He left his place twice," Violet said, proudly. "Once to the grocery store and then once here."

Violet immediately regretted her words because Garrett wouldn't care about the grocery store, he would care about why John would visit their place and then the kiss would come up and her life would be over.

"Here?" Garrett asked, as expected. "Why did he come here?"

"Uh," Violet stammered. She couldn't possibly tell Garrett about the kiss...yet. It would ruin their already rocky relationship, especially with what happened before he left. Violet knew that she would tell him, but not so soon.

"He, uh, wanted to invite me to his cousin's funeral," she said, which was partially the truth.

"His cousin's funeral?" Garrett repeated, furrowing his eyebrows. "His cousin died? Which one?"

"Sophie," Violet answered. "Um, he's not really in a good place with his family and was forbidden to go, but I kinda steered him in the direction of crashing the funeral and he wants me to go with him."

"Are you going?"

She shrugged. "Maybe. I don't really know yet. This is a big step for him."

"You're acting like he's a toddler, he's a twenty-three year old man. I think he can handle doing things on his own," Garrett scoffed.

"Yeah, but when your entire family is against you, you might wanna have someone by your side who doesn't share the same feelings," Violet retorted. "Garrett, this is John. You're the one who wants him back to The Maine and in your life again, don't you? Don't be so jealous," she cracked a smile. "Actually, it's cute when you're jealous."

"Violet," Garrett sighed.

"Okay, sorry," she said, trying to hide the smile, but failing. Garrett rolled his eyes and cracked a smile, too.

"You're driving me insane," he said, leaning over and kissing her on the lips.

"Yeah, I know," she shrugged. He hovered his body over hers and asked,

"What did you have planned for us?"

Violet's face brightened up and lightly pushed Garrett off of her and led the way into the kitchen, which happened to be only five feet away. She gestured for him to sit and said, "Dinner for my beloved."

Garrett took the top off the plate in front of him and exclaimed, "PANERA!"

Violet grinned and sat across from him.

"I knew you'd like it."

The two of them dug in and conversed playfully. Violet still couldn't stop thinking about her near miss earlier with the kiss and all. It was weighing on her because she knew she would have to tell Garrett some day, but it was obvious that the two of them were avoiding the situations handed to them and they were using Garrett's arrival as an excuse to just be cute and avoid all their problems. They couldn't 'unpause' now.

When they finished with their dinner, Garrett said, "I don't know how you can top that, Vi."

"Just you wait," Violet grinned, standing up. Garrett followed by taking her hand and they went into their bedroom. She sat down on the bed and he sat down next to her and looked at her.

"Wanna play videogames?" Violet looked at him, hopeful.

"You are so cute," Garrett laughed. He got the controls out and gave her one and they started playing Mario Kart. Violet was doing horribly but they were both so into it, yelling things at the TV and such. They were having so much fun just playing around. It felt so good–Violet didn't want it to end.

"HA! I BEAT YOU!" Violet exclaimed.

Garrett laughed, obviously thinking that he let her win. "Okay, okay, you win. Now, we should get to sleep because it's twelve and in Florida, it's two and I'm dead tired."

Violet pouted her lips but she obliged, putting everything away and turning off the TV.

They changed their clothes and when Violet came out of the bathroom, her mouth minty fresh, Garrett was already tucked in, wearing some new Star Wars pajamas he must've bought in Florida. Violet grinned and crawled into his arms.

"I love you, Gare," she whispered. "I'm beyond happy that you're back."

Garrett smiled into her hair and kissed her head. "I love you, too. You have no idea how happy I am to be back."

Violet fell asleep, in the arms of her boyfriend, and with a smile on her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
clothing because i have forgotten that polyvore existed hehe whoops

Garrett's back. 0o0o0o0o0o0o0 ;)
This is a filler. Drama ensues very soon.

BRIGHTEN CONTEST–join in because I'm bored :)

Thank you to on your side;, RoRo15, strangers in bars., the-perfectmistake, miss chanandler bong, shootingmoons, elleeann, thispicture, emilynsnatl, lovelyhope, somebody_who_cares, vices, AlexAddiction, captain of my soul;, myadvengedromance, soonerorlater, trixilla, fagtricia, useyourtelescope, Leaaaaaaaah., iRawrPurplePandas, khairena, earthtodenise, astheonlybirdsings, and dream in ink; for commenting :)