Dance with a Devil

you feel afraid

"We need to find a way to help him." Tim said, walking through Violet and Garrett's front door.

Everyone was seated in the kitchen and they were all talking amongst themselves, as Tim had ordered for them all to meet, and waited until he came.

"What happened?" Kenny asked, setting his phone down.

"I went over there to apologize for punching him," Tim explained, sitting down next to Violet. "You know, I wanted to handle this like adults, not like fucking teenagers. I told him, calmly, that if he didn't get his act together, then he will be jobless. You know what he said?"

"What did he say?" Jared prompted.

"'I don't give a fuck about The Maine.'"

Violet's immediate reaction was to look around at the four boys apart of the band. Kennedy and Jared both looked angry, Pat looked distressed, and Garrett looked disappointed.

She was disappointed, too. Violet had been with Garrett for two years, and before that, she was their friend. She was Pat's friend, first, and she was one of the first to hear about his idea about starting a band. The Maine formed under Garrett and Pat and once the rest of them joined, they all had no idea it would end up like that.

They were going everywhere. Violet couldn't help but feel extremely proud of them, starting from Stay Up, Get Down all the way past Black and White. They had the world handed to them--what caused John to turn his back so immediately?

"There is no fucking way I am going to give up on you guys," Tim said. "I have a boss too and he's strongly suggesting to me that I drop The Maine. But, if John doesn't give a shit--then why should I?"

"So, what should we do?" Kennedy asked, looking around. "Guys, The Maine is my life. I'm not giving up on this..."

Jared, Pat, and Garrett also nodded their heads in agreement.

"He hasn't talked to anyone, except Violet, but I don't even think that counts." Tim said, glancing at her.

"I don't either," Violet inputted, pushing her glasses farther up her nose.

"Obviously he opens the door to hot girls," Pat rolled his eyes. "And Tim."

"Fuck you," Tim said, scowling.

"Maybe," Pat continued. "We could like...send someone hot to check up on him."

"Like a maid?" Jared said.

"That's a little erotic, don't you think?" Tim snorted.

"It's the best I can think of!" Pat exclaimed. "If we can't force John to get out of his apartment and do something good for us, then we just have to wait it out. The least we could do is help him out."

"I nominate Violet to be his erotic sex maid." Tim raised his hand. Garrett smacked him.

"Me?!" She exclaimed, setting her book down. "Why me?!"

"Because you're a hot girl." Tim shrugged. Garrett smacked him again.

"Uh, no." Violet shook her head. "I'm not going to be John's erotic sex maid."

"Stop saying that." Garrett grumbled.

"He and I never really got along. And, I think he doesn't like me even more for climbing through his window. I'm not going to do it." Violet explained.

"We could also ask Cecilia?" They looked at each other.

Violet raised her eyebrows.

Cecilia was her best friend, and she was loud and demanding. She always did what she wanted, and if it didn't go her way, she would make it do so. Put the her in the same room with John, then all hell would break loose. She also dating Austin Gibbs.

"Not sure if Gibbs would approve." Kennedy pondered. "But who knows with that couple..."

"Alright, other than sticking my girlfriend in the same room as a horny John," Garrett said. "What else can we do?"

"That's all my noggin can think of." Pat waved it off.

"That's the thing, what else can we do? Having someone watch over him like that seems like the best scenario--minus the erotic things I seemed to have stuck in everyone's mind." Tim said, glancing at Garrett. "I want to go with that idea."

Everyone looked at Violet again.

"No." She shook her head.

"Please!" Pat hopped down from the counter he was sitting on and fell on his knees. "You're the best girl for the job!"

"How? How am I any different than a random girl you'd pluck off the streets?" Violet questioned, crossing her arms.

"Well, you know John." Jared said. "And, you seemed to have proven to us that if you want something done, you'll get it done. And, to ease Garrett's uneasiness about this, you won't let John do anything of that nature to you."

Violet sighed. They were all right. She was the perfect girl.

She felt Garrett's hand clasp around hers and he muttered, "You don't have to do anything you don't want to, Vi."

Violet looked up at the rest of the boys. "How do you guys know it will work, though? If I'm going to do it? He's slammed the door in my face once already."

"Use your Violet Casey charm," Tim suggested.

"Violet Casey charm?" She repeated. "I have a charm?"

He rolled his eyes and said, "I don't know! Knowing you, you'll figure something out."

Violet sighed again and glanced at Garrett. He gave a reassuring smile but she still didn't know if she would be able to do it.

She wanted the old John back, but seeing how trying to talk to him didn't work out in her favor, she didn't know if she even wanted to help anymore.

Still, looking at all the boys in her living room, with their sad faces, feeling as though it was inevitable the The Maine was to breakup, Violet couldn't say no to an opportunity. She just felt too bad.

They all looked at her (except Garrett), pleadingly, and she sighed.

"I'll think about it."

~

"Oh God, that's like a perfect sex fantasy, right there!" Cecilia laughed when Violet called her and explained the situation.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" Violet rolled her eyes.

"Oh, come on," Cecilia said. "It can't be that bad! You just have to what? Clean his house a little bit? Help him ease back to the real world?"

"Yeah, but it's John, Cec," Violet said, sighing. "It's not as easy as it sounds."

"True," She could almost see her best friend nodding. "What did you tell the guys?"

"That I'd think about it. I know Garrett doesn't like this idea--"

"Because of the sex fantasy thing?"

"Yeah."

Cecilia burst out laughing.

"Still! This is asking a lot from me. I have a job, I have a boyfriend, I have a life. I can't exactly drop all of that and just become John's servant."

"I'm A Slave 4 U just started playing in my head," Cecilia said, laughing. "Just give it a try, Vi. You love The Maine just as much as the guys themselves. Do it for The Maine, at least."

Violet nodded, pacing around her bedroom. That seemed fair enough.

"By the end of this, just watch, John and I will be dead because we killed each other."

"Hey, better you than me. I'd be the convict here."

Violet chuckled. "That's very true. Listen, Garrett and I are going to have dinner with Trey tonight. Would you and Austin like to join us?"

"Nope," Cecilia said, popping the 'p'. "I haven't seen Gibbs in three weeks, I'm going to become a slave for him, if you know what I mean."

"Thank you for that unnecessary piece of information, Cec," Violet rolled her eyes. "I'll see you later, alright?"

"Yes, yes!" Her best friend said, as they hung up.

Garrett came into the room and kissed his girlfriend on the cheek.

"You ready to go?"

Violet nodded.

"Hey, listen," He said, catching her hand, as he jingled his car keys. "I don't want you to feel any sort of pressure about the John thing, okay? If you don't want to do it, then you don't have to."

Violet smiled. "I am pressured to do this, but I want to help you guys."

Garrett kissed her again and said, "I love you, Violet. We are asking too much of you."

She shrugged. "Let's hope it works."

And from that day forth, Violet had decided to help John O'Callaghan in the mess he was in. She just hoped that it wouldn't blow up in her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't you like Cecilia? She's so funny! :)

So, my fam and I are going to Florida over winter break. I'm so HELLA excited because you know that means? The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! :D

Thank you lovelyhope, mandiimouse, Temet Nosce, astheonlybirdsings, BUSTANUT, fagtricia, An Ode To Maybe, eight letters late., and erika_xtc for your comments :)