Dance with a Devil

there's nothing i could say to you

Violet was peacefully asleep when she felt a pair of lips trail kisses from her arm up to her lips and she pushed the boy away, causing him to laugh and say, "Violet!"

"Don't interrupt my slumber," Violet said, sleepily, pulling the blanket over her head.

Garrett chuckled and snaked an around around her. Violet smiled and snuggled into her boyfriend's chest. He kissed the top of her head and rubbed her arm, sighing.

"What's wrong?" Violet mumbled.

"Nothing," he answered.

"Don't lie to me, Nickelsen," she said, as threateningly as she could even though sleep was about to take over her body any second.

"It's the band," Garrett finally said. "I miss it."

Violet opened her eyes and she sat up. She looked at him sadly and said, "I'm sorry."

Garrett shook his head. "It's not your fault," he took her hand in his and examined the bruise that John gave her and sighed. He kissed it lightly and said, "Don't apologize when you're making more of a difference than anyone else."

She maneuvered her body so her legs ended up wrapped around his torso and her hands rested on both sides of his face.

"I'm not doing a very good job," she mumbled.

"Hey," Garrett said, sternly, taking her hands in his. "John is an asshole. And being your boyfriend, I'm entitled to fucking punch him in the face for hurting you in any way."

Violet giggled and he continued, "John doesn't realize how lucky he is to have someone like you helping him, Vi. Not yet, at least. He will soon because knowing you, you won't stop until your job is done."

His lips met hers and Violet wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. Garrett flipped her over so that he was on top and she let out a moan feeling herself not wanting to stop at all.

Just when Garrett took her shirt off (which belonged to him, originally) and threw it on the floor, Violet's phone started to ring.

"Don't answer it," Garrett said in a gruff voice. Violet reached for her phone to turn it off and Garrett's lips trailed down to her neck and she opened her eyes, reading the name of who was calling her.

It was her sister. Violet pressed 'ignore', not wanting to deal with any conversations with her because no matter what, she wouldn't be able to hang up the phone for at least an hour because Angelina Casey was one heck of a talker.

Garrett's fingers fumbled with her bra and her hands slipped as she tried to take his shirt off. Violet didn't know why she was so nervous. She and Garrett had sex before, it wasn't anything new. Surely they didn't have sex as often as Garrett hoped, but he did her wishes and they took their relationship slowly.

Violet's phone started to ring again and her eyes shot open, letting out a groan. Just before Garrett could stop her, she answered it.

"Lina, I swear to God if you're calling about some random ass boy you met last night, I'm going to slaughter you--"

"It's John."

Violet was thrown completely off guard. Garrett saw the change in her expression and he mouthed, "Who is it?"

"Oh, John, hi," she said into the receiver, looking at Garrett who's rolled his eyes. He laid down on his side of the bed and started to play with his girlfriend's brown hair.

"You left your jacket at my place," John said, sounding bored. "Just wanted to let you know so you could take it back."

"Oh," Violet furrowed her eyebrows, looking around. "I did?"

"Yep."

"Oh, okay," she said, still confused. "I'll come by and pick it up, then."

John didn't even say goodbye. He just hung up the phone and Violet shook her head, staring at it.

"What was that about?" Garrett asked, sitting up.

"Apparently I left my jacket at his place," Violet explained. "Except I don't ever remember wearing one recently..."

"Are you going to go over there?"

Violet shrugged. "He basically just told me to come over to his place. He's either going to kill me or he has something to say."

"Don't go," Garrett murmured, kissing her shoulder.

"You know what? I think I will go," Violet threw the duvet off of her body causing Garrett to sigh in protest. "If he has something to say to me, like 'I'm sorry' or something, then I wanna hear it. And if not, then..."

"Then what?" Garrett asked, looking unamused.

"I'll hit him," Violet shrugged. She threw new clothes on and prettied herself up as Garrett watched, sullenly.

"You're leaving me for John..." Garrett grumbled.

Violet frowned and she turned around, walking over to her closet and picking her bag up. She strode over to her boyfriend and leaned down to kiss him.

"But in the end, you'll always have me," she mumbled, planting a kiss on his lips.

Garrett rolled his eyes and Violet kissed him again.

"Wait for me when I come back, okay?" She grinned.

"You're such a tease, Vi," he groaned.

Violet laughed and she left the house. On the way to John's, she started to get nervous. She suddenly remembered the words of his neighbor--the beast that is John O'Callaghan--and she was starting to believe that maybe he would kill her when she got there.

She arrived at his house and slowly made her way towards the front door. She wished she had a book or maybe even Garrett by her side, and she rang the doorbell.

It took eons for John to answer. He opened the door and immediately scrutinized her.

"Come in," he said, opening the door wider and leaving it there, so she would close it. Violet rolled her eyes and slammed it shut.

John disappeared into his room and came back out holding a yellow jacket that she has never before seen in her life.

Violet stared at it and she looked back up at him, saying, "That's not mine."

John looked at it. "Really?"

She continued to stare.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Looks like something you'd wear so I assumed that it was yours."

"You really called me over here just for that?" Violet raised her eyebrows. "I'm pretty sure you know that I have never worn a jacket here."

"Then why are you here if you knew it wasn't yours?" John leaned against the wall, crossing his arms.

"I was hoping you'd have something to say," she shrugged.

"When are you coming back?" John asked, lifting off the wall and glancing around the house--avoiding eye contact and that subject with her.

"What do you mean?"

"It's been awhile since I've seen you."

Violet shrugged. "When I realize how much you really do need me."

"Who says I need you?" He countered.

Violet had had enough. She scoffed and rolled her eyes, turning around so she could leave and crawl back into Garrett's arms where she knew she was appreciated. She felt John wrap his long, bony fingers around her bruised wrist and she let out a hiss of pain; she slammed against his chest.

John pushed the sleeve of her shirt back and he saw the healing bruise on her wrist. It wasn't that bad but it was painful.

"I'm not sorry for anything but this," he said, tracing a finger along the bruise. Violet looked at John, strangely, but he was being truthful. She yanked her hand back and rolled the sleeve back down.

Violet turned on her heel and opened the front door. She was half way out of it when she turned back around and said to him, as he was watching her go, "It's a hard thing to say, but nobody will kill you if you say sorry."

John was silent. She was half-expecting him to say something in return, but he didn't. She closed the door behind her and walked back to her car that would take her back home to Garrett--where she belonged.
♠ ♠ ♠
clothing

So John kinda misses her and Garrett's a little jealous...ooooh ;)

It's our boy's birthday today, right? D'aw, Garrett Nickelsen. So much love. I should have made this a birthday chapter but it's not exactly February 16, 2012 in this story yet. We're still stuck in 2011 hehe.

I don't think I can stress enough how much you guys rock. This feedback on this story is awesome. If I could hug all of you, I would. In fact, if anyone who lives in Arizona or are in Arizona and going to the Mayday Parade show tomorrow, then you guys should come find me and give me a hug.
Ha, just kidding. That would be weird. I actually don't even know if I'm going to that show anyway...
...this has been a ramble.

Thank you Dan Flint;, sunset child, cloverdilly, thescenekid, WhoAreYouJudy, erika_xtc, mandiimouse, BUSTANUT, lovelyhope, captain of my soul;, astheonlybirdsings for your comments! :)