Bluffington Preparatory Academy

Bentley Rae

Out of everyone in detention, I think I appreciated this the most. Helping out Mother Nature was respectable, and in this day and ageMother Nature needed some serious help. It was important that this world lived on with the resources we needed. Our children's children needed a place to live didn't they? 
A high pitched scream brought me from my thoughts. I turned my head to see Bree's hands over her face. Behind her, Caden also looked quite terrified. I watched as Beck headed over at a fast pace.
He must have asked the frightened girl a question since I heard her yell something back. I only caught a few words, but those words had me heading over to the three. The others must have noticed those three because I found myself walking with a group over to Caden, Bree, and Beck. 
Caden headed toward the school building and when he came back he headed behind a tree. I looked over at who I knew to be Nate. "What's happening?"
Nate simply shrugged and shook his head. We were all clueless to the situation until we were closer. Only six words passed Bree's lips to catch us up: "He, head master, he killed someone."
My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. This couldn't be right, this had to be joke. My eyes followed Beck as he walked up to the window but my thoughts were racing. This was a safe school, wasn't it?
"Shit," I muttered under my breath suddenly wishing I had skipped detention. I head towards Beck who was leaning on a tree. "Beck? What did you see?" My body was trembling and I couldn't steady my voice. I felt like a helpless child. 
"He was bent over a body that was mangled and chopped up, and, and-" he couldn't finish and I couldn't blame him. 
From behind a loud sob was let out. 
"What are we going to do?" Caden's voice was shaking. 
No one spoke a word. No one knew what to say. 
"I-I don't know." I spoke, my voice wavering. I looked over to Phoenix who had yet to say a word. She was biting her bottom lip hard and her eyes were wide. I made my way over to her. 
"I'm s-so scared." She whispered staring a the green grass beneath her feet. 
She wasn't the only one. By the looks on my classmates faces, I could tell everyone was just as freaked out. We were just teenagers. Witnessing a murder wasn't something high on our list of things to do. Especially a murder by our head master. That made things even worse. 
"Everyone is." I whispered, trying to keep my voice hidden from the rest. "But I think we're all in this together." I attempted to reassure her.