Bluffington Preparatory Academy

Caden Royston

My anger was climbing and my concentration was slipping. The other team had just kicked the ball up the field to gain territory but unluckily for them I had caught it. So in order for us to gain back the territory I did just what they had been trying to do; kick the ball up and off field so we would have a line out, but the difference is I succeeded with that part. On the flip side I wasn’t really paying all that much attention because my jerk of a roommate who was on the other team had decided to take off his shirt and strut around in front of the group of girls that were watching. The only reason I’m so annoyed is because I was the one who invited him to come and play and he was doing a pretty terrible job at the whole thing, I was just glad I wasn’t on his team but his actions were going to reflect back on me and rugby is something that I take seriously in every manner. Any way he had distracted me enough that I had kicked the ball a little further than I expected to top that off when it was in mid air the wind caught it and it veered off course. Off course just enough to hit someone... that someone was a teacher. He wasn’t a happy teacher either, especially when he got a ball to the head. This particular teacher wasn’t a fan of any kind of sport I know that because he was my English teacher and didn’t like how low my grades were and blames in on me playing so much rugby. So this teacher wasn’t watching the game at all he was just walking around the ground checking everything was fine, unluckily for me this meant he didn’t see the ball heading for his head, he landed straight on his ass and rolled onto his back cradling his head, I was in trouble.

What kind of trouble? Detention was my punishment. Something I wasn’t quite use to. Being in a boarding school meant there was a lot of time for detentions and sports practise so they couldn’t clash. In other schools I had previously gone to and nearly got detentions they had clashed with sports and my coach got me out of it that was hard in a boarding school. My coach liked night trainings so the whole afternoon was totally free for any detentions I might get in the future...
With all this said I don’t want people thinking I’m a bad student, only twice before have I nearly gotten detention and they were for similar crimes, it’s not surprising that sports get me into trouble after doing so much good for me. Rugby is the whole reason I got into this school and it’s the thing that’s going to get me into college and into the All Blacks afterwards as well, actually I’m not sure about the college part. I would be happy to go straight to the All Blacks but that will take a lot of work but I’m up for that as long as it’s outside on a field with a ball rather than inside on a desk with pen and paper.
As sad as it sometimes sounds Rugby is my life, I’m just hoping to make a living from it like my parents made a living from their sports. My father was an Olympic rower and my mother was a netball player though not for any team all that famous but she made a living from it. My older brother is lucky enough to be living his dream as a heavy weight championship boxer at the moment so there’s no stopping me, especially in a school like this. All I need to do now is keep my grades up and keep out of detention, if only I could get out of this one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi all
hope you're enjoying the introductions thus far because we've got many more to come.