Bluffington Preparatory Academy

Bree King

“Earth to Bree! Anyone there?” Caden knocks his fist gently on the side of my head. He’s a jock, all about sports and being fit. So it’s a safe assumption that if he wasn’t gentle I wouldn’t be conscious.

Not that he’s a bad guy, I’m just sort of small. Besides he would never do that to me, he thinks of me as a sister and I him. Wait no I think of his as a brother not sister. I giggle to myself and he gives me a funny look.

“Sorry.” I smile brightly at him. Were sitting on the grass of a huge field waiting for the game to start, apparently the ball was misplaced so Caden thought he’d come sit by me and wait until someone found it.

“So you got detention? How’d you do that? Your like the most harmless person I know!” He continues I start to pout and he chuckles.

“It wasn’t my fault! Some girl tripped me in the hall… and I landed on a teacher… who was carrying a scalding hot coffee… that may have spilt all over him.” I say still pouting, it wasn’t my fault at all.

Caden switches from just chuckling at me to his booming laugh that could probably be heard at the other end of the field.

“You are the only person, who could get detention, for something like that!” He manages between laughs, I glare at him playfully.

“Got it!” A guy yells running down the field towards a group of guys. Caden gets up and dusts off his pants.

“That’s my queue.” He bows giving me a goofy grin then jogging off to join the group of guys.

A group of girls are off to the side opposite of me, a few are glaring my way hatefully. I frown and start to pick at the grass around me.

“Their just jealous.” I turn my head towards the voice, he’s silhouetted against the descending sun but I know who it is. I would have known without turning. He’s got a lean build and black hair hanging in his face.

“I don’t see why.” I shrug and he drops his bag and sits down. Beck keeps his distance though, always does.

“So where you headed?” I ask smiling at him. He shrugs and looks around taking in everything before answering me.

“Detention.” He chuckles to himself and shakes his head a bit.

“Me too!” I yell and he looks at me like I’ve lost it, a few guys playing stop to look at me like that too.

“I- I mean yeah dentention, me too.” I mumble and look down to hide my blush. See I’ve got a small secret. I’ve got a crush on Beck. The only person I’ve told is Caden and he thinks it’s cute but doubts Beck cares, he thinks Becks to much of a loner.

“Hey fag! Asking Bree if she can do your hair?” A few of the guys from the game has stopped and are walking towards us. I frown as Beck gets up. The guys are obviously jocks from their size, their arms are about the size of my legs.

“Jealous she’s talking to me?” Beck says as he steps forward towards them as the come in arms length. I hop to my feet stepping behind Beck.

“Please loser, I could make her scream.” He winks at me and I wrinkle my nose. Gross.

“Yeah, scream ‘rape!’” He retorts causing me to stifle a laugh. The guy pushes up against Beck’s chest.

“Listen here yo-” The guy gets cut off by the principle marching towards us.

“Weiss! Croschi!” He bellows before he even reaches the edge of the field. The guy harassing Beck instantly steps away, but Beck holds his ground causing the other guy to glare.

“Weiss, King, aren’t you two supposed to be in detention anyway?” He eyes us then the other guys. By now most the people around have gathered by us. Caden pushing his way towards me.

“You better to detention before I give you another week. You too Royston!” He waves us away and turns to the crowd trying to disperse them.

We grab our bags and head back inside for detention.
♠ ♠ ♠
All characters are now here! Let the fun begin!