Status: Active

A Stranger in my Own Town

Always love her the same

When Stephen got home that night he was met by a tired looking John sitting alone on the couch in the living room. Stephen ran a hand through his hair and threw his keys on the table next to the steps by the door. John glanced up and gave a half-hearted wave.

"Hey, how's Lindsey?" Stephen asked while walking over to his brother.

"She's okay, she slept all day." John sighed. "I think she's getting better though."

Stephen nodded. "Thanks for keeping an eye out for her today."

"No problem. You know I'm always here for you and her."

Stephen patted John's shoulder. "I know man, thank you."

"How was work?"

"It was okay, long day. I'll see you tomorrow, bro."

Stephen jumped off the couch and walked upstairs to his room that he shared with Lindsey.

He was met by an adorably cute girl sleeping on her side facing him. Stephen quietly shut the door and began to strip his clothes off.

"Stephen?"

Stephen turned around and saw Lindsey smiling at him.

"Hi baby." Stephen smiled and slipped his jeans off. He turned off the light and crept into bed with Lindsey.

The incredibly cute, but sick, girl snuggled into his chest and Stephen noticed that she was shivering. Stephen wrapped his arms around her and began rubbing her arms up and down.

He kissed her forehead and Lindsey closed her eyes enjoying their embrace.

"I missed you." She sighed into him.

"I missed you more."

Lindsey tried to snuggle closer to him, as if that was even possible. "How was your day?"

"It was good, I was just worried about you."

"Why?"

"I don't like when my baby's sick." Stephen chuckled. "I just want you to feel better."

Lindsey smiled and rubbed Stephen's bare back. "I love you."

"I love you too." Stephen kissed the top of her head and rested his cheek on her head, falling asleep almost instantly.

In the middle of the night, Lindsey awoke suddenly with tears streaming down her face. She tried to sit up but Stephen's grip was too tight on her. She mumbled and thrashed around, pushing her fiance off of her. When she finally escaped from him, she ran out of the room and bursted through the door of John's room.

"What the hell?!" John shot up and rubbed his eyes. He looked towards the door and focused on the frantic looking girl in front of him. "Lindsey?"

Lindsey sobbed and ran over to John, jumping into his arms. She held onto his neck for dear life as John rubbed her back, confused.

"Linds, what's wrong?" John tried to soothe her but she could feel him shaking against his body.

"I...I had a nightmare." Lindsey croaked out.

She pulled away and looked at him with tear filled eyes. Just the sight of her broke his heart, he never wanted to see a beautiful girl like her upset. "I lost you."

John knitted his eyebrows together. "What do you mean?"

A tear fell down Lindsey's cheek. "You...you committed suicide." Lindsey sobbed again and pulled John in for another tight hug.

"Shh, Linds...it's okay." John smoothed down her hair as he held onto her small frame. "I'll never leave you, I promise."

Lindsey nodded and sniffled as she pulled away from him. "I thought it was real."

John pouted and wiped her tears away. "It wasn't. And it never will be, okay?"

Lindsey nodded as she tried to push her tears away. She sat silently on his lap for a few moments until she nodded again. "Okay."

"Come on, don't be sad. Smile." John kissed the top of her head and pulled her in for another hug. "Everything's fine."

Lindsey half-smiled and pulled away from him, leaving a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you John, love you."

"Goodnight Linds, love you too."

Lindsey walked out of the room and back down the hall while John sighed and ran his hands through his mess of hair. He fell back down on his bed, trying to fall back asleep.

In the morning, Stephen woke up and noticed that Lindsey was no longer in his grasp. He looked next to him confused and saw that she was sleeping seperated from him. He scratched his head and got up to go to the bathroom. When he returned to the bed, Lindsey was awake looking at him with bloodshot eyes.

"Linds, what's wrong?"

Lindsey sat up as Stephen walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"I had a nightmare last night. John committed suicide." Lindsey held back her tears, she had done enough crying during the night.

"Aw baby..." Stephen hugged her tightly and rubbed her back.

Lindsey sighed while pulling away and wiped her eyes. She put on a fake smile and pecked Stephen's lips. "I'm okay now though."

Stephen searched her eyes and nodded. "Are you feeling better?"

"Oh yeah, I don't even feel sick anymore."

Stephen chuckled at his girlfriends easygoing demeanor. "I don't have to work today." he smiled.

Lindsey smiled and hugged him. "Yay!"

Stephen fell back down on the bed with Lindsey clinging onto him, and before they knew it their mouths were attached to each other.

The day was spent with Stephen and Lindsey laying in their bed all day watching movies and eating various foods. Lindsey leaned in to peck Stephen but he pulled away, leaving her to be met with nothing. Lindsey retreated back to her spot and pouted. Stephen smirked and pecked her pouty lips. At first she didn't react but Stephen smiled and kissed her again, making her giggle and kiss back.

There was a knock on the door and Jess walked in. "Hey guys." she smiled and walked into the room. "OH, food!"

Stephen and Lindsey laughed. "Help yourself..." Stephen said.

Jess rolled her eyes and took a bite out of Stephen's pizza. "Don't mind if I do."

"So what's up?" Lindsey asked as Jess took a seat on the bed.

"I wanted to talk about the wedding..." Jess laughed.

"Of course you did." Lindsey sighed while smiling and ran a hand through her hair.

Stephen continued to eat while the girls conversed all about the wedding- dresses, cake, orderves, anything you could think of. He watched Lindsey and noticed that sparkle in her eye that was always there. He took in every part of his gorgeous girlfriend and when he heard her laugh it was like a sweet melody to his ears. He smiled to himself and continued watching her, thinking about the first time he met her.

"Hey, snap out of it." Jess snapped in Stephen's face breaking him out of his trance. "You look like an idiot sitting there smiling to yourself."

Lindsey gasped. "Hey don't talk to my boo like that." she laughed and kissed Stephen's cheek.

Jess rolled her eyes. "You guys sicken me, you know that?"

Lindsey and Stephen looked at each other and kissed in front of Jess. They heard her groan and they laughed against each other's lips. Lindsey pushed Stephen's chest back and looked at Jess.

"Well thanks for coming over girl, we'll talk more tomorrow."

"Adios, lovebirds." Jess saluted them and walked out of the room, but not before taking Stephen's piece of pizza with her.

Stephen rolled his eyes and smiled at Lindsey. "I love you, baby."

"Love you too, boo." Lindsey laughed and jumped on top of Stephen, poking his sides

Stephen flipped her over and tickled her sides up and down.

"Stephen! Ahh, Stephen stop!" Lindsey couldn't control her breathing and she couldn't stop laughing.

"Tell me you love me!" Stephen laughed at her and continued to tickle her.

"I hate you!" Lindsey yelled at his face.

Stephen gasped. "Oh, bad move." Stephen threw Lindsey over his shoulder and stood up, walking out of the room and outside into the night with her.

"Stephen put me down!" Lindsey smacked his back giggling.

Stephen continued to carry her and he walked to the backyard, dangling Lindsey above the pool.

"Stephen don't!" Lindsey's eyes widened at the site of the glistening water.

"Say you love me!"

"Stephen I love you so much, more than you'll ever know! You're my world! Now put me down!" Lindsey yelled out.

Stephen laughed and lifted Lindsey up safely, a few feet away from the pool. "That's all I wanted to hear." Stephen smiled and pressed his lips against hers.

Lindsey smiled and pulled away from Stephen biting her lip. He knew that he's seen that look before but he couldn't place what it meant. Before he knew it, Lindsey was pushing him closer to the pool and he was entirely covered in water when he realized what happened.

"Lindsey!"

Stephen was soaking wet and his hair was dripping over his eyes. He was about to get out when he saw Lindsey start to take off her shirt. "Calm down, calm down." Lindsey wiggled out of her shorts and jumped into the pool with Stephen.

Stephen swam over to her and splashed her face with water. "You're such a bitch."

"And you're an asshole." Lindsey smiled at Stephen and he couldn't resist her. He laughed and lifted her legs up around his waist, holding her close to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in to kiss him. Stephen kissed back and held onto her tightly. And that's where they remained for the majority of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
IM SORRY THAT IM SO BAD AT UPDATING THIS FIC. i'm done with school now though so just please continue reading & i promise ABSOLUTELY PROMISE that i'll update this more. :) i hope you still like it! thanks for the comments, silent readers speak up! <3 xo