Status: Active

A Stranger in my Own Town

That's What Friends Are For

"John!" Lindsey sprinted towards her boyfriends younger brother, jumping into his arms and giving him a big hug.

"Linds!" he rubbed her back and kissed her cheek. "How have you been?"

"Hm, I've been okay." She smiled while pulling away from the hug. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!"

"It has been forever." John sighed. "I missed this place." he looked around and took in the scenery of the outdoors.

"It missed you." she laughed and hugged him again.

"Hey how are things with you and Stephen?" John asked as they walked inside Lindsey's house.

"Pretty good." she smiled.

Stephen and Lindsey have been dating for 2 years now and she was extremely close with the entire Gomez family. Lindsey was an only child growing up, so being surrounded with positive people filled her with joy.

"Aren't y'all just the cutest things ever?" John smirked and winked at her.

"Shut up." she laughed and nudged his side with her elbow.

"Oh you're right, I'm sorry. I'M the cutest thing ever." John gave her a goofy grin and walked into her kitchen, grabbing a beer out of the fridge.

"Rude." she laughed and slapped his butt. John always had this positive energy with him wherever he went, and it was almost contagious. Whenever Lindsey was with him, she couldn't help but to always have a smile on her face.

"So how was your time in California?" she asked him as he walked back down next to her on the couch.

"It was so good, Linds. Seriously- I needed that time away from everything. I love you guys, but it was so beautiful there."

Lindsey nodded. "What did you do there?"

"Just explored. It was only two weeks, but it did feel like a long time." he sighed.

"Meet any foxy ladies down there?" Lindsey smirked.

John chuckled. "You know it. Got bitches comin' from left and right."

They both laughed at John's goofiness and soon found themselves talking about the rest of the summer.

"We only have a few more weeks left. Then it's time for fall." John sighed.

"I know. It sucks." She sighed again when she heard a knock on the door. "But it's almost your birthday!" she sang as she walked to the foyer to open the door.

John laughed and waited on the couch as Lindsey talked to someone at the door. A moment later, John was greeted with the presence of Jess Bowen.

"John! I missed you!" she laughed and jumped on top of him, engulfing him in a bug hug.

Lindsey watched while smiling and shaking her head. John hugged Jess back, laughing at her excitement.

"We're gonna party. Tonight, my place." Jess smiled, sitting on John's lap. "To celebrate your return home."

Jess was definitely the crazy one of the group. She was a flirt, a tease, and the life of the party. Lindsey and her were the best of friends and told each other everything.

"You're crazy." John laughed.

"You love it." Jess kissed his nose and stood up from his lap, giving Lindsey another hug before walking over to the door. "So tonight, be there." Jess gave one last smile before slamming the door shut behind her.

"Looks like your first night back will be fun." Lindsey smirked at John.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay hi guys i know this is short and it sucks but it's gonna be sucky until it gets to the good chapters "lol" sorry so feedback would be amazing & i decided to not do the whole "every other chapter in the past thing" but we'll see how this works out! xo <3