Status: Active

Take Me Home

Chapter One

"Just go up to him and talk to him."

"I can't just do that!"

"Yes you can. It's easy."

"Maybe for you."

"Ask him about guitar. He likes guitar."

"No, then he'll think I'm a stalker for knowing that."

"The lady doth protest too much."

"It's hopeless," Katie sighed, eyeing her best friend. "You're good at this stuff. Not me."

Cheyenne examined her long nails. "You should really listen to me, Katiekins," she said, using her age-old nickname for her brown haired friend, "which one of us has a boyfriend?"

"You do," Katie admitted, "but he's MITCH."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Cheyenne asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You know how Mitch is..."

"So what? That was before. This is now. We're happy together."

Katie slumped down in her seat as their algebra teacher entered the room. The rest of the room kept talking, but she was always one to obey the rules.

Katie Oliver may have been the polar opposite of her best friend. She was typically quiet, shy, and well behaved. She wore glasses and a skirt everyday, although there wasn't a ton of choice, considering they attended a private Christian school. She was around 5'2".

Cheyenne MacGregor, on the other hand, was loud, flirty, and sometimes a little bossy. She had blonde hair and also wore glasses, and had straight teeth thanks to the braces she had recently had removed. She was always dating the wrong guys - normally complete jerks, or players. Her current boyfriend, Mitch Crossland, was no different, but they actually seemed to be into each other. They had been together for six months -Cheyenne had never held a boyfriend for that long.

The object of Katie's desire, on the other hand, was Kevin Sinclair. An admittedly gorgeous guy who played the guitar in his spare time and percussion in the marching band. He had pale-ish skin with freckles, and dirty blonde hair. He had the cutest smile, and could always make people laugh. It wasn't a surprise at all that Katie liked him - he was pretty much fantastic in every way.

A few minutes later, a note hit Katie's arm. It was folded in one of the small neat squares Cheyenne always used for her notes - the ones Katie could barely open and can't even begin to re-fold.

She got it open to reveal a note scrawled in Cheyenne's messy handwriting.

Hello there, dear. This weekend is Laney's sweet sixteen. Kev will be there. And so will you. No, you don't have a say in this.
xx

As much as she didn't want to go, there really was no swaying Cheyenne. She could whine all she wanted, and Chey wouldn't care. Katie was fully aware that nothing would happen between her and Kevin at the party - but she figured she'd humor her best friend and go anyway.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think of both the story, and the layout! (: