Status: Just getting started so work with me here :)

Fall Into Me

The Shit Hits the Fan

The day had come, and McKenzie was on edge. Mallory and her promised Jordan that they would be at the airport when he got there, mainly because Heather was coming in and because while he wouldn’t admit it out loud they both knew he missed them, just like they missed the goofball. She looked around the airport anxiously, the Penguins should be here any moment and she really just wanted this day and game to be over.

“Calm down,” Mallory said placing a hand on her shoulder. “Everything will work out the way it should. Just trust that.”

McKenzie took a deep breath, “I know. I’m just worried that Jordan will go back on his promise to behave. I know somewhere deep inside he wants to act on the hate he has for Jon that he tries to hide. I can’t afford for Jordan to act like a retard today. Too much is at stake.”

“I still don’t get why you lied to him,” Mal said rolling her eyes. “You really should have just told Jon the truth. It would have made today much easier.”

“I know,” McKenzie said her eyes catching the sight of a familiar head of dark head belonging to one of her favorite Russians. “They’re here. There’s Geno.”

Following Geno were more of the team, Johnny, Kris Letang, and many other Penguins players and coaches. McKenzie scanned the crowd looking for Jordan and finally as Geno walked up to them, she caught sight of Jordan who was followed closely by Heather.

“You beautiful,” Geno said in his broken English while kissing both Mallory’s and McKenzie’s cheeks. “Staal lucky guy to have three beautiful girls in his life.”

McKenzie blushed, “Thank you and good luck tonight Geno. Score a goal for me okay?”

“I try,” He said grinning and walking away from the two girls.

Before McKenzie had a chance to recover from Geno, she was attacked, by a 6ft 4in giant with blond hair and blue eyes. The force of the attack caused her to almost lose her footing but Jordan was strong enough to stop her from falling. Rolling her eyes, she pushed on him lightly, “Get off, Jordan.”

“Never,” He said pulling her as close to him as possible. “You’re never leaving me again. I don’t like this.”

“Jordan, you have to let go of me,” McKenzie said pushing him again. “You can’t sneak me onto the plane with you, someone will notice me and I’m sure the Blackhawks will miss me.”

“Pssh, I can so get you onto the plane without anyone noticing,” Jordan said with a goofy smile on his face but not letting McKenzie go. “Mac, I don’t want you to ever leave me again. It’s been so long since I’ve seen my best friend. I’ve missed you, dork.”

She sighed and gave into the hug, “I missed you too, you big goofball, now please let me go. Don’t you want to say Hi to Mallory?”

As soon as Mallory’s name left her mouth Jordan let go of her and trapped Mallory in a hug, “MALLORY!”

Heather stood behind Jordan shaking her head at her boyfriend, “He hasn’t stopped talking about seeing you guys since we left Pittsburgh. You’d think he hasn’t seen you in years.”

McKenzie smiled and hugged Heather, out of the Staal girlfriends, Heather was the second closest to her, after Tanya. She really loved all the girls that the boys had chosen to be their significant others, they were great women, “Heather, it’s so good to see you. I don’t get how you put up with the Jolly Green Giant all the time though.”

“I’m not that bad,” Jordan said after he finally let go of Mallory, who moved and hugged Heather. “And it’s called love. Duh.”

“Really Jordan?” McKenzie asked sarcastically. “I had no idea.”

Jordan opened his mouth the say something but than stopped when he realized that she was joking with him, “You are an evil dork.”

“Stop calling me a dork,” She said smacking his chest. “But seriously, it’s great to see you and all but I have to get into work. I have a meeting with Toews, and I can’t afford to be late for that.”

“I want to come,” Jordan said with a grin. “I’m sure Toews want mind me being in this meeting. Plus, I want to see where you work.”

McKenzie shook her head vehemently, “No, Jordan, I already get enough bull shit from him, I don’t need anymore. You can come by later, but not when I have a meeting with Jo…Toews.”

He looked at her with a smile then grabbed her tightly again, “I won’t let go til you let me go to work with you.”

“Jordan,” She said sighing. “Don’t you have morning skate though?”

“Not til later,” He said grinning knowing that she had to give into him or else she’d be late.

McKenzie sighed, knowing that she had lost this battle, “Fine, but you are to say nothing. If you even mutter one word besides hello and pleasantries towards him, I will hurt you.”

Jordan smiled and kissed her forehead as he let her go, “I’ll be an angel.”

She shook her head and said good bye to both Mallory and Heather, who were heading back to the apartment to drop off Heather’s stuff before going shopping. McKenzie envied them and wished to have a day where she could spend doing whatever she felt like. As she and Jordan got closer to the United Center, the butterflies that she hadn’t felt since the first day were coming back, this time stronger than ever. She had a feeling the shit was about to hit the fan, and it scared her.

It took them all of ten minutes to get back to United Center and by the time they got there, McKenzie was two minutes late to her meeting with Jon and on Top of that Jordan was annoying the hell out of her. He wouldn’t stop asking her questions and she was about to snap. She bypassed all of the guys and went straight to her office, where Jon was waiting for her.

“You’re late,” He said looking up at her, well more like glaring up at her. “What’s Staal doing here?”

McKenzie took a deep breath, “He’s an old friend and wanted me to meet him at the airport than wouldn’t let me leave unless I let him come to work with me, so ignore him, he promised to be on his best behavior.”

Jon rolled his eyes as she sat down, “It’s unprofessional to be late to a meeting.”

“I know and I’m sorry, but I’m here now so let’s get down to business,” She said sending Jordan a look before pulling up a file on her computer. She read over it real quick before looking at Jon, “So, they want you to be a part of the Hockey Fights Cancer campaign. All you have to do is sign the contract and it’s all taken care of, I don’t know why we needed a meeting about this.”

“It is that simple,” Jon said smiling. “Just sign the contract and it’s all done. Seems easy enough.”

“Why do I feel like you had some ulterior motive in this meeting, that you knew how simple this really was but you called this meeting anyways,” She said narrowing her eyes in frustration at him. “What do you want from me?”

“The truth is,” He said with a smirk. “I know you lied to me.”

McKenzie’s breath caught in her throat, there were quite a few things she had lied to him about since coming here, “What exactly have I lied to you about, Mr. Toews?”

Jon shook his head with a chuckle, “Your name.”

“No,” She started confused. “I haven’t lied about my name. My name is McKenzie Jónsson. So I don’t know what you are on, but if that is what I’ve ‘lied’ about than you are seriously mistaken.”

His smile grew, “So your name is McKenzie Jónsson, and you know Jordan Staal, and you were at the Olympics in 2010 but we had no contact. I’ve never met you in my life until you started working here. Is that what you’re telling me?”

“You know,” Jordan said causing both Jon and McKenzie to look at him. “You’re such an asshole, you’re playing with her. How long have you known?”

McKenzie looked from Jon to Jordan back to Jon, “You know! You’ve been playing with me this whole time and you knew! How long have you known it was me Jon?”

Jordan moved toward Jon but McKenzie held up her hand to stop him and then motioned for him to leave, “But Mac, he…let me…please.”

“No,” She said looking straight at Jon. “This is between Jon and me. You need to go to morning skate. Just go Jordan, before I call Eric or Marc or hell even Jared.”

Jordan sighed and grumbled as he passed Mac and then shoved pass Jon on his way out, causing Jon to tumble back a little but he was able to catch himself before he fell.

As Jon straightened himself up he looked right at McKenzie with a smirk gracing his lips, “You really want to know how I found out.”

“Yes,” She said taking a deep breath. “And how long have you known?”

“I found out about a week after meeting you,” Jon said looking straight at her, his eyes boring into hers. “I left a meeting with you, we had a normal fight, you know about you being a possible distraction to the guys. When I said distraction, I saw a look in your eyes, a look that I had only seen once before, from you in Vancouver. I left your office, and did research. To start, I went on facebook and looked for you. I found about five people on facebook with your name, but I found you. I looked through your pictures, you really should make your profile private, and man was I surprised when I found your Olympics album and even more surprised when I opened it and saw the picture of us. Then it all clicked, you said you grew up around hockey players, obviously the Staals, and that you had your heart broken by a hockey player, obviously me. I was going to call you out on it, right away, but then I thought why not have fun with it, why not see how long it would take for you to come out with it. I thought I had you the other day, when I questioned you about the Olympics, but you lied to straight to my face.”

“You should have told me,” McKenzie said sighing. “I have been stressed about you finding out for weeks.”

Jon shook his head, “You shouldn’t have lied. You should have told me who you where. I would have acted differently.”

She rolled her eyes, “You would have treated me with kids gloves. I don’t need that Jon. I need you to treat me like you would treat anyone else in this position, not someone that you have a history with. I didn’t want you to treat me differently. I wanted to be treated with respect and for you to have to act like you walking around on thin ice around me.”

“This is stupid,” He said moving closer to her. “We are adults. We can act like what happened in Vancouver didn’t happen and have a professional relationship.”

“Jon,” She started looking down. “If we do this, you need to stop being an ass.”

Jon smirked, “Just wait and see how it goes. I’ll come sign the contract later, I need to get to practice.”

McKenzie shook her head, “Either you stop being an ass or I’ll report you. I mean it Jon.”

Jon looked at her with a shocked look; no one had ever stood up to him like that before. He knew she would report him too in a heartbeat. She didn’t deserve to be treated the way he was treating her but he couldn’t get close to her again, too much has happened since the last time they were together, and maybe just maybe it was better if they just stayed away from each other, “I’ll try.”

“And so you know, Jordan hates your guts,” She said smiling. “You’re lucky he hasn’t done anything to you yet. He’s threatened to many of times.”

“He’ll get his chance eventually,” Jon said with a smirk. “He just has to stop letting you decide what he can and can’t do.”

Before she could reply, someone hit Jon from behind, and when Jon teetered a little, McKenzie could see Jordan shaking his hand out. She shook her head, “Jordan!”

“He had it coming,” Jordan said smiling. “It was a long time coming.”

“Jordan, I’ve told you I can fight my own battles,” McKenzie said looking at Jordan with a frown. “You don’t need to protect me all the time.”

Jordan sighed, “Mac, you’re my best friend, my sister, I’m always going to defend you. He’s done nothing but treat you like shit since the moment that he met you, I’m not letting him get away with that.”

Jon looked at the two of them and massaged his jaw, “It’s okay. I’m just going to leave, we’ll discuss Hockey fights Cancer later.”

As Jon left, McKenzie turned to Jordan and smacked him on his shoulder, “I told you, that no matter what happened or happens between me and Jon that you weren’t to act on my behalf. Damn it, Jordan! I’m 21 years old! I can take care of myself! Just go! Please! I don’t want deal with you right now!”

Jordan opened his mouth to say something than he shut it realizing he had said and done enough. He kissed the top of her head, “I do love you, dork.”

Before she could reply, he left like she asked. Once she was alone, she sat back down at her desk and placed her head in her hands, the shit had officially hit the fan, and she had no clue what that meant anymore.