I Was Meant to Make You Smile

What A Scum Bag.

We finally made it to the mall. I was beginning to think we never were going to make it since a little someone got us stopped by the police. I was for sure not going to let this one go easily.

"I was under pressure. You seen that dumb ass ahead of me. He's the one that should have gotten stopped, it was his fault."

I laughed and we both got out of the car. We were in front of our favorite place to get coffee Starbucks. I can't even remember how long we've been coming here. We knew everyone here by name and to me it was like a second family.

"Let's just get our stuff and go."

We both walked into the building and I sat down, waiting for Jenn to get whatever the hell she wanted. I didn't want to get anything because I was feeling kind of sick. Jenn's job sure was better than mine, she got to tour the country and meet all these awesome bands and all I got to do was fucking sell CD's at the local CD store. I needed to find a better paying job.

"You sure you're not getting anything?" she asked.

"I'm sure. Can we just get to the mall? I've seen this really cute sweater and I hope they still have it in stock."

We both got up and headed back to Jenn's car. I hopped in and set up my iPod to her speakers. Toni Braxton's Unbreak My Heart blasted through the speakers.

"Do we really need to listen to this? Change it."

I smiled and nodded my head. Jenn and I were best friends but that didn't mean we liked everything that was the same too. Her style of clothing was more edgy and alternative and mine was I don't know...less edgy? But I loved her.

"Please change it!" she whined and tried grabbing my iPod away.

"Keep your eyes on the damn road, woman. You're gonna get another cop on our ass again." I laughed.

"Fine, but I'm switching back to my iPod when this horrible thing is done."

I looked out the window and watched as the cars passed by. All I could think about was the tour tomorrow and I especially meeting Nick Matthews. Never in a million years did I ever think I would be tagging along with Motionless In White and Get Scared.

"When you're on tour is there like, showers available?" I asked because hygiene was a must for me.

"Well duh, Carley. But usually on tour everybody shares and it's a pain in the ass to have to wait for them to get out. And a heads up, you might want to shower before Ryan does. That guy takes fucking forever and uses all the hot water or so I've heard."

"Okay thanks."

LATER

"Please be here, please be here, please be here."

I was looking every where for the sweater I wanted. Jenn was at Hot Topic grabbing some things.

"Can I help you?" a lady asked.

"I was wondering if you guys still had that Drop Dead sweater in stock? The one with the donuts?" I asked.

She smiled at me and walked away. I hoped this meant she was grabbing it and not just being rude.

"Hey!" Jenn poked my ribs and made me jump.

"Don't do that! You know I hate that."

She just laughed and the lady came back, handing me the sweater I've been longing to have. I opened it up and hugged it.

"You've been going crazy for this? It's so weird but then again, you are weird. It'll go perfectly with your weirdness."

"Can it." We both walked to the front and I paid for the sweater. "Where to now?"

"Food court. I'm starving." Jenn stated.

"Good. You could use some meet on those bones." I laughed and followed her out.

When we walked out of the store and pasted Footlocker, some guys started whistling at us and saying the grossest things. What have the men turned to on this planet? Wasn't there any guy that had respect for women?

"I'm gonna go order something from Subway." she said and walked away.

I looked around at the many options I had and decided on Chinese food. I walked to the place and told the guy what I wanted and waited for him to give me my food. A tall muscular guy came up to me and stood next to me.

"Uh can I help you?" I asked.

"I've noticed you from across the food court. My name's Stan. I was just wondering why a pretty girl like you were walking around the mall alone."

This guy was seriously not trying to hit on me. First, he was huge! And guys with muscles like him weren't really my type and second, he was kind of creepy. I looked around for Jenn and found her laughing her ass off at Subway.

"Here's your order ma'am."

I grabbed the tray from his hands and started to walk away.

"See you around." he said before smacking my ass hard.

I turned around and looked at him, he winked at me. I walked up to him and slapped him hard across the face. What a scum bag. I walked back to Jenn, who was still laughing, and sat down. My ass hurt when I sat down, man that guy had an arm.

"That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. You should have seen your face when he smacked you."

"Shut up. It was not funny. You wouldn't be laughing if you were in my shoes."

"Okay I'm sorry." she sat down and bit into her sub. "He's still watching you."

I looked behind me and he was rubbing the side of his face. I looked away and started eating. I was really hoping I wouldn't run into guys like him while on tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second chapters finally up!

I'm really enjoying this, you know writing with someone else. I find it A LOT more easier to do.

Oh and this is what Carley wore and the sweater she's been dying to get.