Tell Me You Love Me

Ch. 13 Trophy (Aaron)

“Tony you idiot, I don’t even know why you compete. You know I always win, and you will never have a trophy as great as mine.” I thought aloud as I slipped back into bed with Michelle.
I caressed her face. “Nope not even close.” I whispered.

“You’re perfect.” I whispered in her ear knowing she wouldn’t hear. “I love you. I’ll never do to you what I did to Elizah.”

”Who’s Elizah?” She asked.

“You’re awake?” I asked incredulously.

She nodded keeping her eyes closed.

“She’s one of my exs. I really hurt her and its haunted me for a long time.” I confessed.

“I always knew you were a heart breaker.” She smiled.

“Like you’re one to talk.” I scoffed.

“What exactly did you do to this Elizah girl?” she asked nuzzling into my chest.

I stayed silent. There were two ways I could answer. I could tell the complete truth or I could evade it completely.

“I.” I paused and swallowed hard. “I did something really bad to her.” I let my words sink in. For a while she said nothing, didn’t move a muscle. Maybe she had fallen back to sleep.

‘Maybe not’ I thought as she turned to look me in the eye.

“You what?” She whispered.

I could she the mix of emotion in her eyes. There was disbelief, shock, panic, and a hint of fear.

“It was just really bad.” I repeated not knowing what else to say.

“Like what you just did to me?” she asked not breaking eye contact.

“No.” I shook my head. “What I did to her was much worse.”

“Did she say no?”She asked looking away.

“I don’t think this is the best time to have this discussion.” I said moving to get out of the bed once again. “I’ll run you a bath. Once you get cleaned up I’ll take you home.”