Tell Me You Love Me

Ch. 3 Arrogant Much

“Well we don’t have to go to the movies if my paying for you makes you uncomfortable. We can skate it’s free and I bet you’re pretty good at it.”

I stared at him dumbfounded. ‘’How did you know that just from looking at me?’’ I asked.

‘’I can see it in your legs. They seem pretty powerful but mainly your right leg, like you use it more.’’ He said looking down.

‘’I’m wearing jeans.’’ I stated.

‘’Yeah skinny jeans and they’re dark they bring out the definition in your legs.’’ He replied shrugging.

‘’You are very observant.’’ I reply crossing my arms over my chest and leaning my weight on my right leg.

‘’It pays off in the in.’’ he said simply but I felt there was a double meaning but I couldn’t put my finger on it at the moment so I moved the conversation on. ‘’I can’t leave the mall right now my mom wants me home by ten and I haven’t bought anything yet.’’

He pulled out his cell and looked at the screen. ‘’It’s only eight thirty he replied turning the screen toward me. ‘’You have an iphone 4 S!’’ I exclaimed, ‘’Do you know how bad I wanted one of these?’’ I ask snatching it from his hand.

‘’Do you want it? My bro works for Verizon so he gets all the latest phones free.’’ He shrugged.

‘’Oh, no I can’t accept this from you, I wouldn’t feel right.’’ I said pressing the phone back into his hand.

‘’No really it’s no problem.’’ He said holding it out to me.

I stared at it for a moment before finally pushing away. ‘’No it’s okay really.’’

He shrugged pressing it back into his pocket. ‘’So where are we shopping.’’ He asked.

‘’We.’’ I repeated. He nodded.

“I don’t know where you’re shopping but I’m going to Old Navy. I need a new sweater.’’ I said shifting my weight to my left foot.

‘’You can’t fool me Michelle I know you’re interested in Me.’’ he said leaning forward.

‘’Aaron you sure are straight forward and arrogant.’’ I said stepping back. ‘’So you’ve lost my interest now.’’ I lied.

‘’Really?’’ he asked stepping closer to me again. The green of his eyes glistened and I was once again entranced by them. He placed his hand on my shoulder still holding my gaze. He pressed a piece of paper into my left hand. ‘’Why don’t you call me, when you’re, ready to admit that I interest you.’’ He breathe leaning away he held my gaze a moment longer before turning away. I blinked and exhaled the breath I hadn’t realized I was holding. He tapped Tony’s shoulder and after a wave to Crissey they went to the up escalator without another glance in out direction.

Crissey ran back to me smiling from ear to ear. ‘’I got his number.’’ She squealed. ‘’Tony is so hot.’’ She sighed.

“Yeah well great for you can we please go to Old Navy now.’’ I said my words clipped.

‘’What’s got your panties in a twist?’ she asked as I pushed passed her. ‘’Didn’t you get his number?’’ she asked following after me.

‘’Yep, here you take it.’’ I said passing it to her over my shoulder. She took it saying ‘’There’s no Old Navy in here. We are at South Bay Galleria not Del Amo.’’ She stated.

‘’I know that’s where we’re going’’ I said stepping on to the down escalator. We didn’t talk the whole way there I dropped Crissey off at her house and parked in front of my house.

‘’Well there goes my day.’’ I thought.