Tell Me You Love Me

Ch.5 You Didn’t

‘’Wait, so let me get this straight you set me up on a date with a guy I wanted nothing to do with and now you told him where I live.’’ I said plopping down in my desk chair.

‘’Yeah, I just know you guys are going to hit it off.’’ She smiled. ‘’Since your so sure of yourself how about this… anything that happens between he and I with be on you.’’ I said leaning toward her.

‘’Okay’’ she replied happily. I looked back at the alarm clock 9: 31. If the dates not ‘til 2:00 can I please go back to sleep.’’ I looked to Crissey. She placed her hand on her chin and stared into space like she really had to think about it.

‘’No.’’ she replied shaking her head. We need to get you cleaned up. So strip down and take a shower.’’ She said happily.

‘’You’re such a bitch.’’ I muttered walking past her.

‘’Good remember that.’’ She laughed.

I planned on taking my sweet time in the shower and I did before I knew it Crissey was banging her fists on the bathroom door demanding that I come out this instant. I laughed and turned off the faucet. I stepped out of the steamy bathroom a towel wrapped tightly around me.

‘’Shut up Crissey I couldn’t have been in there longer than an hour.’’ I said pushing past her I walked back to my room. She followed. Once I reached my room I turned around and held up one hand to stop her advance.

‘’Uh- uh, no way, you are not coming in here while I dress I don’t care how close we are.’’

She rolled her eyes and tapped her wrist. ‘’Times wasting.’’ she said.

I smiled and steeped into my room closing the door behind me. My eyes instantly went to the alarm clock. It was now 10:38 and my hair was completely soaked. I sat down on the edge of my bed and sighed. I let my mind drift I heard a pounding in the back of my mind it didn’t register for a few seconds. Crissey was screaming incoherently through the door. I rushed to get dressed jumping up and down to get into my jeans, pulling my shirt on and, zipping up my boots I almost tripped when I reached the door and wrenched it open. Crissey was steaming when I finally pulled it open.

‘’Well, it only took you until 11:00 to get dressed. And look at this, your hair is a mess and you haven’t even begun to do your make up.’’ Crissey said lifting a chunk of hair and dropping it against my face.

‘’I’m going all natural today which means no make up and wavy hair. If thing are gonna work out Aaron will have to accept me for who I am.’’ I said pushing my hair out of my face.

Crissey rolled her eyes at my long statement.

‘’Let’s go down stairs our dates will be here any minute.’’ She said turning on her heels she marched to the stairs.

‘’It’s only eleven.’’ I called after her.

‘’I moved it up. Hope you weren’t kidding about the whole natural thing.’’ She smiled over her shoulder at me.

Man Crissey could be a real bitch sometimes. My thoughts aside I descended the stairs after her. Thank goodness my house is only two stories because I would have fallen in my new heels and that would not have been pretty.

No sooner did we reach the bottom did the doorbell ring. We both froze and looked at each other. Crissey smiled widely at me.’’ Are you ready?’’ she asked.

‘’I guess, it’s not like I have a choice.’’ I said walking boldly to the door and pulling it open. I stopped cold as my eyes locked with Aaron’s green ones.

‘’Hey Michelle I never got the chance to tell you that I like you’re eyes too. Grey, I’ve never met anyone with grey eyes.’’ He smiled.

I stepped over the threshold to my house and said,’’ I never knew someone could have eye’s as green as yours.’’ I said stupidly. I was suddenly aware of the two sets of eyes on my back.

So I made a quick change in conversation. ‘’So where are we going?’’ I asked Stepping off my front porch.

‘’Ice-skating.’’ He replied. ‘’Are you ready to trade your board for skates?’’ He smiled.

‘’Oh yeah I’ll skate circles around you. So… which one of you drove?’’ I asked.

‘’I did Aaron held a key out in front of him he pressed a button. I looked to where he was pointing and saw the cutest little green car. No, wait I must be seeing things it wasn’t just a car it was a Ferrari.

‘’Where did you get a Ferrari?’’ I asked stunned. ‘

’My dad,’’ he smiled moving to open the door for me. Once we were all inside. Aaron guided the car away from the curb and we were off on our first date.